Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 119
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

    Does that sound like he will be back next week?
    I hope so, he is such a consistent, valuable contributor to the team. I wish him well for his return. Both to the team and the leadership group.
    Last edited by Jeanette54; 25-07-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    The good news is I'm not going to Hell
    Turns out the Devil has taken out a restraining order.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    I hope he is OK.

    It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

    What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    28,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I hope he is OK.

    It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

    What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.
    I guess there are a lot of people who need support from time to time and footy players are no different to that. The one good thing about being in a football club is that the players will receive more support than many others in society
    I think he has a genuine hunger for football and being around his mates so a transition back will hopefully be an easy one for him
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I hope he is OK.

    It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

    What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.
    The difference with the Hunter scenario is he is still in the hub (from what I know). Hopefully this means he can come back and play good footy.

    Normally a player will not go to the footy club at all.
    #BeMoreBulldog

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

    Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

    He said, she said, they said... its a rumor and innuendo but now its out there.
    #BeMoreBulldog

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    12,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

    Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

    He said, she said, they said... its a rumor and innuendo but now its out there.
    That doesn't sound good, hope it's not true.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    2,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

    Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

    He said, she said, they said... its a rumor and innuendo but now its out there.
    Crikey hopefully that's not the case. He's a popular member of the playing group not sure that would affect team morale in a positive sense. Did they have anything concrete or as you mention smoke and mirrors behind the shadows?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    28,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    You have to wonder how accurate this speculation is? On the surface it looks like they worked out the club held him back by a week and Lachie wasn't happy about it and that sounds reasonable to me but it's a long bow to suggest he wants out.
    I would suggest this is creative journalism.

    Lachie is a very popular player within the club as evident by his promotion to the leadership group so I will back him to work through any challenges if there is any.
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Crikey hopefully that's not the case. He's a popular member of the playing group not sure that would affect team morale in a positive sense. Did they have anything concrete or as you mention smoke and mirrors behind the shadows?
    Nothing too concrete, although Brisbane was named, but they denied it and said if he was to leave it would likely be to another Melbourne club.
    #BeMoreBulldog

  10. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
  11. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    It's footy classified, 90% is made up based off 1 correct piece of information.

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    44,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's footy classified, 90% is made up based off 1 correct piece of information.
    This is why I mentioned ion another thread about hating the media. they can make a mountain out of a mole hill and next thiung you know clubs can come banging on his door. Trade Radio also now memntioning it.

    Lachie has a contract till 2024, if he doesn't want to be at the club, fair enough (I find that hard to believe), then two first round picks please.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is why I mentioned ion another thread about hating the media. they can make a mountain out of a mole hill and next thiung you know clubs can come banging on his door. Trade Radio also now memntioning it.

    Lachie has a contract till 2024, if he doesn't want to be at the club, fair enough (I find that hard to believe), then two first round picks please.
    Wait, Trade Radio is on?
    #BeMoreBulldog

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    44,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Wait, Trade Radio is on?
    Tweeting. No doubt Barrett.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  15. Likes azabob liked this post
  16. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    44,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

    No one checks the sources anymore, or even talks to the club.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    2,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: High praise for Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

    No one checks the sources anymore, or even talks to the club.
    The echo chamber ignites. They're all in on it together and know the game.
    I don't trust the player agents in these scenarios.

  18. Likes GVGjr liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •