Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Does that sound like he will be back next week?
    I hope so, he is such a consistent, valuable contributor to the team. I wish him well for his return. Both to the team and the leadership group.
    Last edited by Jeanette54; 25-07-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    The good news is I'm not going to Hell
    Turns out the Devil has taken out a restraining order.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he is OK.

It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I hope he is OK.

It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.
    I guess there are a lot of people who need support from time to time and footy players are no different to that. The one good thing about being in a football club is that the players will receive more support than many others in society
    I think he has a genuine hunger for football and being around his mates so a transition back will hopefully be an easy one for him
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I hope he is OK.

The difference with the Hunter scenario is he is still in the hub (from what I know). Hopefully this means he can come back and play good footy.

Normally a player will not go to the footy club at all.
    They come after one,
    They come after all,
    They can't handle all,
    Lets go....

Bob Murphy