Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I don't discount your sources, but at the same time i would be shocked if this was the actual case, and not perhaps how the Hunter's may've framed it.
    The club and Bevo were pretty vocal early days about both the sanctions and the direct support and contact with Lachie.
    Yeah I’d be shocked if this were the case too. If there is truth to this then my god we are in disarray and Bevo has lost the plot. Unfortunately there isn’t much going on Bevos favour right now.

2. Thanks Vred thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I reckon there is truth in all this. I have heard from reliable sources there was little to no response/support from the club in the weeks immediately following the incident. Particularly from Bevo.

Taken pretty badly by Hunter and a big breach of the “club is family” culture needed in these organisations.

My opinion is Hunter “owes” us nothing. He is a young guy and he made a mistake - a big mistake - and he should be measured in how he atones for it, not on the mistake. If selection last week is an issue it shouldn’t be - he waits until the coach thinks it’s right.

If the club isn’t doing everything possible to keep him, or if this explodes and Bevo does ANYTHING to devalue him before a trade then irate won’t even cover half the emotion I’ll feel on this topic.

I hope he stays.
    If this is true, this combined with our form would be making the Hub a real barrel of laughs right now I'd imagine.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I don't discount your sources, but at the same time i would be shocked if this was the actual case, and not perhaps how the Hunter's may've framed it.
    The club and Bevo were pretty vocal early days about both the sanctions and the direct support and contact with Lachie.
    That’s fair, I’m not going into details to validate source and know you aren’t asking - but I’m sticking by what I’ve said. what I heard 2 weeks ago and what Caro said on FootyClassified Last night are exactly the same story in terms of the clubs response and the families feelings.

If the report of the response from the dogs is accurate - I wouldn’t blame him at all for questioning whether to remain with us or not.

5. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If this is true, this combined with our form would be making the Hub a real barrel of laughs right now I'd imagine.
    Absolutely. I actually thought he might have gone back to Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

If the report of the response from the dogs is accurate - I wouldn’t blame him at all for questioning whether to remain with us or not.
    Why? He is the one that made the mess and he should fix it. He has let down his team mates, the coach, the club and the fans
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why? He is the one that made the mess and he should fix it. He has let down his team mates, the coach, the club and the fans
    Not sure its always that black and white.

Regardless of who is at fault the club preaches love and support (in particular Bevo) but if behind closed doors it isn't reality we have a problem.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

By god if our club *!*!*!*!s up and we somehow lose Lachie because our football department is inept at their jobs I’ll be marching on Whitten Oval until something changes.

Yes, Lachie *!*!*!*!ed up, but in my eyes with everything 2020 brings his done his stint, he did his time and now the club should reward him with game time. We need him on the field, and losing him to another club because of whatever reason Bevo wants to pull out his ass, will be the last straw for me.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    By god if our club *!*!*!*!s up and we somehow lose Lachie because our football department is inept at their jobs I’ll be marching on Whitten Oval until something changes.

Yes, Lachie *!*!*!*!ed up, but in my eyes with everything 2020 brings his done his stint, he did his time and now the club should reward him with game time. We need him on the field, and losing him to another club because of whatever reason Bevo wants to pull out his ass, will be the last straw for me.
    I understand it doesn't sound great at the moment, but let's cool the jets until more information emerges.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What Azabob said.

Yes he messed up, yes he amplified it with his actions later, yes he was VC. He is also a human being and by no means perfect and I’ll judge him on how he behaves from here on.

He has been Teflon in his time with us. Signed on the line with no fuss or strong arming of contracts when it was his turn. He has been a loyal player and has earned the right to a second chance.
    The dam wall has busted!

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes he made the mess, and punishment was handed down in the forms of fines, game ban, and off-field punishments that are going to haunt him for the next couple of years. I don’t remember anyone here saying his punishments were too light.. His served them all with grace and thats that, he did the crime, he did the time, there is nothing more for him to ‘’make up for’’. No idea why we wouldn’t be playing him when his ready to go.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

What Azabob said.

Yes he messed up, yes he amplified it with his actions later, yes he was VC. He is also a human being and by no means perfect and I’ll judge him on how he behaves from here on.

He has been Teflon in his time with us. Signed on the line with no fuss or strong arming of contracts when it was his turn. He has been a loyal player and has earned the right to a second chance.
    He has a second chance. We've actually already selected him to play, it was him who asked for more time and to not be selected again at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It is a tough question - For me, it comes back to any underlying factors that caused him to drink to excess and make the decisions he made.
    It was initially reported that he was having relationship issues at the time. If that's the case I think it's important to remember that plenty of people have personal issues and don't respond by driving cars pissed and placing the public at risk.

However, there's always more to a story and I have no idea about what's going on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was initially reported that he was having relationship issues at the time. If that's the case I think it's important to remember that plenty of people have personal issues and don't respond by driving cars pissed and placing the public at risk.

However, there's always more to a story and I have no idea about what's going on.
    Also didn't he request not to play or take a break after he played a couple. Or are we sensing more here than meets the eye. Because I find it absurd to think he can say when he shouldn't and should be selected. Have to say I'm giving this story little substance; otherwise Lachie comes off as completely unreasonable and history shows he isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Not sure its always that black and white.

Regardless of who is at fault the club preaches love and support (in particular Bevo) but if behind closed doors it isn't reality we have a problem.
    Did you read what I responded too?

You must know me by now, I like to hear both sides of every story, and that is why I don't like BS things made up (talking in general now)

I make no conclusions with this story.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He has a second chance. We've actually already selected him to play, it was him who asked for more time and to not be selected again at the moment.
    Not responding to him being selected, I’m responding to the claims about a rift in relation to the way he was treated by Bevo after the incident earlier in the year.

On the topic of selection though - we know Bevo can often hold a grudge and that emotion influences his decisions. I really hope - and don’t know one way or the other - that there isn’t a grudge as that should be behind them after he played his first game back; when his second chance for team selection started.
    The dam wall has busted!