Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

I guess I'm more saying that the whole thing doesn't add up. If there were a grudge we would not have selected him 5 or whatever weeks ago.
    If he were upset why now and not 5 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I guess I'm more saying that the whole thing doesn't add up. If there were a grudge we would not have selected him 5 or whatever weeks ago.
    If he were upset why now and not 5 weeks ago.
    Exactly. I suspect this rumor is more around a father pushing the agenda to suit his son and creating a headline
    It should be able to be sorted out quickly.

If I felt there was any level of truth that Hunter is upset with the club or Bevo and is looking to depart I'd quickly be reconsidering if he should be played for the balance of the season.

I really don't think there is a lot to this
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Not responding to him being selected, I’m responding to the claims about a rift in relation to the way he was treated by Bevo after the incident earlier in the year.

On the topic of selection though - we know Bevo can often hold a grudge and that emotion influences his decisions. I really hope - and don’t know one way or the other - that there isn’t a grudge as that should be behind them after he played his first game back; when his second chance for team selection started.
    We know this how?

Everything we hear about Bevo is how he is such a nurturing, caring coach. I have no idea if there is any substance to these rumours but it goes against how people speak of Bevo publicly.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We know this how?

Everything we hear about Bevo is how he is such a nurturing, caring coach. I have no idea if there is any substance to these rumours but it goes against how people speak of Bevo publicly.
    The way he behaved publicly to both Talia and Stringer leaving the club. Not knocking his decisions, nor am I commenting on theIr departures - but it is abundantly clear the guy wears his heart on his sleeve and emotion impacts his decision making and behaviour. His relationship with Barrett is so obvious tht he holds a grudge. Barrett is a dickhead, surely amongst this cohort he isn’t alone in that grudge - but he holds them!

I have heard these rumours are true and I believe there is a rift in his and Bevos relationship. I’m basing my standpoint on word from people I trust will know - and only on how Hunter feels, not on Bevos character. I hope we work through it.

None of us have spoken directly to hunter Or Bevo directly so this will always be divisive.

7. Thanks jeemak, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing AshMac.

You didn't have to put what you have out there, appreciate you doing so.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks AshMac, appreciate the insights
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    By god if our club *!*!*!*!s up and we somehow lose Lachie because our football department is inept at their jobs I’ll be marching on Whitten Oval until something changes.

Yes, Lachie *!*!*!*!ed up, but in my eyes with everything 2020 brings his done his stint, he did his time and now the club should reward him with game time. We need him on the field, and losing him to another club because of whatever reason Bevo wants to pull out his ass, will be the last straw for me.
    Spot on 2020 is a completely different year and you have to judge performance and behavior differently. not footy related, but during lock down we had junior staff expected to work from home. They are expected to processing work, but without the 2/3 screens, access to fast internet, scanners etc that are in the office. On top of this many live in muti-people house shares where communal work space is limited and they are forced to work in bedrooms etc. Do we judge their performance with the same standard as we would outside of lockdown?

Lachie F*ckd up. Lachie was and is being punished. Lachie now deserves support and understanding. You are dead right. If we lose Lachie because have poorly managed a situation that is a clear pointer to their being something wrong in our approach.....an alarming pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Lachie F*ckd up. Lachie was and is being punished. Lachie now deserves support and understanding. You are dead right. If we lose Lachie because have poorly managed a situation that is a clear pointer to their being something wrong in our approach.....an alarming pattern.
    IF Lachie walks after resigning just last year until 2024 because of our football department, that is the final red flag for me in a line of red flags. Losing Roughead, a life long dogs supporter and clubman was hard enough, losing a father-son vice-captain of our club due to a grudge or bad treatment behind the scenes will be it for me, at what point do members start standing up and demanding change.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

IF Lachie walks after resigning just last year until 2024 because of our football department, that is the final red flag for me in a line of red flags. Losing Roughead, a life long dogs supporter and clubman was hard enough, losing a father-son vice-captain of our club due to a grudge or bad treatment behind the scenes will be it for me, at what point do members start standing up and demanding change.
    Without knowing anything I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Lachie and Mark weren't the easiest people to deal with.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is selected this week, i call total bullshit to this story

Post Thanks / Like

It did seem odd to me that he played in a scratch match while being held back on his own request. Might have been more to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    It did seem odd to me that he played in a scratch match while being held back on his own request. Might have been more to it.
    My understanding was when he played in last weeks scratch match, he wanted to play in the seniors but the club said no. So he said I am playing in the scratch match then.

Again everything is pure speculation.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    My understanding was when he played in last weeks scratch match, he wanted to play in the seniors but the club said no. So he said I am playing in the scratch match then.

Again everything is pure speculation.
    If Lachie plays this week, I think it would suggest both he and the club believe any issue between them is resolvable.

18. Likes GVGjr, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    If Lachie plays this week, I think it would suggest both he and the club believe any issue between them is resolvable.
    Lets hope he is picked. We need him playing. And we don't yet need another senior player headed to another club.

Post Thanks / Like

All this because of a disagreement over a calf injury...

Hunter to play Crows, trade speculation 'made up': Beveridge

Lachie Hunter will return to the Western Bulldogs' side for Sunday's match against Adelaide, with coach Luke Beveridge saying the former vice-captain won't be leaving in 2021 despite reports linking him with the Brisbane Lions.

Footy Classified reported earlier this week that the Lions were interested in Hunter, and that the player's relationship with his club was currently strained.

Beveridge said on Friday morning that the report was "a made-up story".

"I don't know where it's come from. It has either come from his management or [Footy Classified] ... I am sure Lachie is not shopping himself around," Beveridge said.

"It's a non-issue, he is contracted ... he is happy, content and he has no desire to leave our footy club.

"Lachie is red, white and blue through and through."

In April Hunter was suspended for four weeks for allegedly breaching the AFL's coronavirus lock down rules. He returned for two games and has then missed the last four due to personal reasons.

Beveridge said Hunter was initially told he would be selected before the last game but he was then withdrawn from the team with a calf problem. However, he did play in a scratch match.

"We had Lachie lined up to play but he had a little bit of an issue with a calf during training," the 2016 premiership coach said.

"As it turned out he felt pretty good post-session so as part of his journey to get back we played him in the scratch match anyway but we didn't want to take that risk after he'd been out for so long into a [senior] game."

Beveridge also confirmed 2016 Norm Smith Medal winner Jason Johannisen (ankle) would miss after a mishap at training.

The coach said his club's current focus was not on making finals, it was simply to improve their consistency over four quarters which has been missing all season.

"We haven't been able to establish that [consistency] yet," he said. "Sunday is another opportunity to go to work on that, concentrate on it.

"The Crows are improving, they have challenged teams in recent times.

"We understand we are playing a team that is desperate for its first victory and if we are off we are vulnerable.

"What we haven't controlled well enough is our output and our energy for the whole game often enough. We will be aware of the background noise that the Crows are creeping up on their first victory.

"We've just got to make sure it doesn't happen."