Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  39
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, we are off to the GC hub

Didn't realise the AFL was footing the bill for the entire family. Not a bad incentive to flee cold, wet COVID infested melbourne.

Unfortunately whilst the temperatures are warm on the gold coast, rain is expected all week from Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Didn't realise the AFL was footing the bill for the entire family. Not a bad incentive to flee cold, wet COVID infested melbourne.

Unfortunately whilst the temperatures are warm on the gold coast, rain is expected all week from Wednesday.
    Better for the team if it's raining, no enticement to leave quarantine
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

The only downside of all the players going up is the non selected players are not able to play scratch matches up in the hub I believe. It's going to make selection difficult and also tough for players that come in after not playing for weeks to get up to speed quickly. At least the shorter quarters will lessen the impact of a lack of match fitness.

Post Thanks / Like

I think some of the WAGs will welcome the opportunity NOT to fly up to the hubs. We have to remember that the WAGs and kids have had to essentially be in lockdown under the same conditions as the players for the last few months - and the players being away actually gives them the opportunity to live more normally if they are not within a lockdown suburb.

By the sounds of it, 6-7 families going with players sounds good - those that absolutely need to, like Josh Bruce who has said that his in laws are in Canberra so his wife doesn't have the family support to help with their young one, particularly while pregnant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think some of the WAGs will welcome the opportunity NOT to fly up to the hubs. We have to remember that the WAGs and kids have had to essentially be in lockdown under the same conditions as the players for the last few months - and the players being away actually gives them the opportunity to live more normally if they are not within a lockdown suburb.

By the sounds of it, 6-7 families going with players sounds good - those that absolutely need to, like Josh Bruce who has said that his in laws are in Canberra so his wife doesn't have the family support to help with their young one, particularly while pregnant.
    That's a good point. Sounds like we're spinning it as a real positive for our season. We'll know early against Carlton if the team is buying in.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

We are still a genuine chance of winning this if we embrace the unknown. Great test for our ability to inspire the playing group
    A great attitude in an imperfect world can achieve what many might say is the impossible
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Exactly how I feel about it too. Well said TD!

Thanks BAD, we're pretty excited! It's already been firmly established she will be a Dog's member, nobody has a say in it
    Of course she will be a dogs member - and I have unsolicited advice for new fathers on these matters

If any in-law/alleged friends buy another teams jumper/paraphernalia as a joke - then view it as an act of extreme treason/hostility (an attempt to get your kid to barrack for another team is just that) and fight fire with fire.

My advice: Burn the jumper in the backyard in front of them - they wont buy another one, or attempt to do it again - problem solved and then you can get on with the deep enculturation into bulldog ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That's a good point. Sounds like we're spinning it as a real positive for our season. We'll know early against Carlton if the team is buying in.
    I think we are such a young team at the moment, that it could really suit us to get this 5 weeks where the players are all together rather than training in smaller groups and get out of Melbourne for winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Of course she will be a dogs member - and I have unsolicited advice for new fathers on these matters

If any in-law/alleged friends buy another teams jumper/paraphernalia as a joke - then view it as an act of extreme treason/hostility (an attempt to get your kid to barrack for another team is just that) and fight fire with fire.

My advice: Burn the jumper in the backyard in front of them - they wont buy another one, or attempt to do it again - problem solved and then you can get on with the deep enculturation into bulldog ways.
    Testify.
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

If any in-law/alleged friends buy another teams jumper/paraphernalia as a joke - then view it as an act of extreme treason/hostility (an attempt to get your kid to barrack for another team is just that) and

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Testify.
    Yep. "That's a great joke. Now get your phone ready to film and follow me out into the back yard." Or "you wanna see a cat's jumper go woof? We just pour some petrol on it and then throw a match. There ya go it went woof!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite