Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 5 v the Northerners 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    1. Macrae is still criminally underrated. Even on here. I thought he was huge last night. Was the first at every contest and then provided as a linkup in the same sequence.
    I thought he played really well. Works so hard to get to a contest. No one picked up 30 plus disposals, including Macrae, it was shared around - how is should be.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The Keath recruitment is huge
    2. We get our movement and effort we are mighty hard to beat
    3. Libba is basically a recruit and showed last night that we can cover Bont being quiet

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae gets overlooked because he’s so consistent
    It’s a shock when he has a bad game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    1 Keath does much more than just intercept and close down defenders. The impact him being there has on wood and cordy is great

2 Watching us dominate a team we’ve had so many close encounters with recently without Bont or Macrae having their usual influence was amazing

3 Bailey Williams looks like he is back. 3 great games in a row - his agility, kicking, decision making and movement has provided another great target to release us from defensive pressure

————

I can’t not mention Rhylee West’s work in traffic. Outstanding - they literally couldn’t tackle him!

Oh - and vandemeer being one step away From a JJ to Bont prelim line breaking run out of D50. So close
    I love how Vander backs his own decisions. A couple times I've seen him not pass the short handball or kick to more senior players (even The Bont) and go longer to a better option. Last night he put the ball in the perfect hotspot at the top of the square from outside 50 where I think Bruce marked and goaled. Now Bruce may have dropped it and Norf clear the ball but it's his willingness to back himself in the infancy of his career that is impressive.

1. English is the real deal. He nullified Goldy's effectiveness even though Goldy won the hitouts count by a fair bit. The hitouts to advantage was the same at 3/4 time. English was more dominant around the ground but Goldy kicked 2 goals. I'll call it a draw which is a win for us because Goldy smashed us last time we played.

2. We have proper midfield depth. Bont quiet, no Dunkley and Bailey Smith concussed early. Bring in the the spare set of mids. The spare set preformed just as good as the other set. Led by Macrae and Libba, they were superb.

3. West is ready. I thought we shouldn't have played him in the GWS final last year, he was not quite ready. He looks like he belongs now. He is moving through traffic like his old man now. That tackle where he stole the ball out of the Norf players hands in the tackle was beautiful. It set up a goal too.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

You could see the confidence growing in English last night. 3 great performances has the young lad believing in himself more and more. Breaking even with one of the best last night will do wonders for his confidence. The only way is up

Post Thanks / Like

You could see the confidence growing in English last night. 3 great performances has the young lad believing in himself more and more. Breaking even with one of the best last night will do wonders for his confidence. The only way is up
    We talk about how his tapwork is no good but we don't spend even nearly enough time talking about his contested marking around the ground. Absolutely elite.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

1. There is life in the old dog Easton Wood - what a game!

2. We can win without Bont, Dunks, Hunter, Naughton etc the team is very even

3. The ball movement is 2016 esque - the last 3 weeks we have moved the ball really well. Quick hands to get out of trouble; Great kicking to get good field position; and the results have been impressive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We talk about how his tapwork is no good but we don't spend even nearly enough time talking about his contested marking around the ground. Absolutely elite.
    Yep. I could see him attacking contests with much more agression/confidence the other night. Previously I thought he was a bit more hesitant/wary in some contests. I’m sure he’s just believing he belongs now. Massive potential. And what a well spoken young lad he is!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I could see him attacking contests with much more agression/confidence the other night. Previously I thought he was a bit more hesitant/wary in some contests. I’m sure he’s just believing he belongs now. Massive potential. And what a well spoken young lad he is!
    I was just thinking the other day how quickly football changes, or at least how much our club has changed since our 2016 flag. I thought Picken, Hamling, T. Boyd, Biggs, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Clay Smith would be stalwarts in our next flag (which I had hoped was at least another one before 2020), but as it sits we've drafted a whole new posse of elite kids who will arguably make us an even better team coupled with two experienced bookends who may end up being the biggest coup of all inside the next two years.

And we have Bont.

Exciting times.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Ed Richards is the best 'çameo' role player in the game.

2. Bailey Williams is a lock now.

3. The Bont no longer needs to win every game off his own boot.

11. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GetDimmaBack View Post

Good to see you post GDB
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes jeemak, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Always hard to tell from home - but once we had control of the game, did it seem to anyone else like we gave Bont a bit of a spell on the weekend.

The previous 3 games Bont played over 90% game time, whereas with only 2 on the bench - he only played 79% on Saturday night. Basically was forward on on the pine from half way through the third. Good to be in a position to give him some sort of a breather.

15. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good to see you post GDB
    Fair effort after a 5 year drought
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Always hard to tell from home - but once we had control of the game, did it seem to anyone else like we gave Bont a bit of a spell on the weekend.

The previous 3 games Bont played over 90% game time, whereas with only 2 on the bench - he only played 79% on Saturday night. Basically was forward on on the pine from half way through the third. Good to be in a position to give him some sort of a breather.
    Whilst it can be a bit tough when watching on TV it did seem that way, but there was at least one occassion when Bont got caught on the bench for longer than what was desired due to where the play was taken place and given teh reduction in playing minutes that might mean 5+%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Bevo's given him a 'working holiday'