Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  67
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Vs Carlton Round 6 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Given we already have possibly 4 forced outs you can't possibly have Schache as an ommission, especially given his sound kicking skills.

I think we can play either of those 2 to replace one of the 4 going out.
    Yeah, it's dependent on our outs. I'm hopeful that at least 1 of Smith & Vandermeer plays.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a better insight into concussions? I’m purely guessing but neither Smith nor Vanda were out cold. We’ve also got essentially and 8day break so I was expecting them both to be ok

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache was awesome in the wet against Port last year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: Baz, Vanders, Crozier, Jong
    In: Hunter, Butler, Porter, Dickson
    ------------------------------------------

I have no idea, as all of us, about the scratch match form. I just want us to keep whatever system/way of footy we have going, going.

Post Thanks / Like

In Hunter, Dickson, La Young Hayes

Out Jongy, Vander, Crozier, Smith

I'm guessing Bevo will go younger than that with Porter/ Cody a chance to debut.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    In an ideal world, I'd likely send Richards back to the VFL to 'slow down' and hone his kicking (and find more of the ball) but given our injuries, not sure it's a luxury we have right now.
    It may help and it has merit but don't you feel like he's just that sort of player that needs to keep playing? I dunno, as you say it's not a luxury we have at the moment.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the concussion brothers don't get up I'd just about plonk the farm on Roarke being among those getting tapped on the shoulder.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in favour of us adopting a policy whereby anyone who suffers a concussion sits the next week out.

As Koby Stevens, Pat McCartin, Liam Picken and Ben Jacobs (who incredibly is still on a list despite not being fit to play since 2018) show, it's clearly a serious issue with potential long term ramifications, so a more conservative recovery strategy even if they pass the medical tests is probably best.

I remember many years ago (maybe 2014) we copped a few concussion over the course of a few weeks to Libba (definitely) and a couple more (unsure who, maybe Picken and Smith?) and we rushed them all back to play the following week and all were shadows of themselves that week. I don't know if it was the concussion or just a bit of tentativeness coming back from the injury but I believe there is little to gain from rushing them back.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I'm in favour of us adopting a policy whereby anyone who suffers a concussion sits the next week out.

As Koby Stevens, Pat McCartin, Liam Picken and Ben Jacobs (who incredibly is still on a list despite not being fit to play since 2018) show, it's clearly a serious issue with potential long term ramifications, so a more conservative recovery strategy even if they pass the medical tests is probably best.

I remember many years ago (maybe 2014) we copped a few concussion over the course of a few weeks to Libba (definitely) and a couple more (unsure who, maybe Picken and Smith?) and we rushed them all back to play the following week and all were shadows of themselves that week. I don't know if it was the concussion or just a bit of tentativeness coming back from the injury but I believe there is little to gain from rushing them back.
    Agree with this approach.

FWIW I've spoken to a couple of players in the past who received concussions and played the next week. All said they "didn't feel right" despite playing.

13. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

Agree - There are delayed reactions to concussion, so we shouldn't be risking players.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Out - Crozier, Smith, Vandermeer, Jong
    In - La Young, Porter, Hunter, and either Weightman or Caverra

Losing Crozier in the air I really like Lachie Young as that mid-sized option. We simply have to find out whether Porter can handle the step up sooner or later.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In - Lewis Young, Weightman, Hunter, Sweet

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I’m playing two ruck man on what will be a slippery surface in QLD at night
    Basically becomes a wet weather game
    Lachie Young for crozier
    Hunter for Jong
    If the other two don’t get up
    Porter Hayes

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    In - Lewis Young, Weightman, Hunter, Sweet
    I just have to hear the reasoning for bringing in Sweet against a Carlton side that also plays just 1 inexperienced ruckman after English's last 3 games?

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Jong, Vanda, Smith, Crozier
    In: Hunter, Dickson, Hayes, Suckling

I think Lippa will spend more time inside, with Hunter and Hayes picking up the outside run roles that Lippa and Jongy were essentially playing. Suckling is an obvious for Crozier. Dickson's smarts and ability to nail the basics on what might be a slippery night (and in QLD it always seems a bit slippery at nights regardless of whether it rains) should help.

I'm not the world's biggest Hayes fan, but we are losing a bit of pace and outside run - and this IS his attribute . I'd be surprised if he isn't in the team.

Be interesting to see how we approach the Docherty & Kade Simpson situation. It is certainly a week to avoid having the extra forward up around the stoppages as we will need to make those two accountable as much as possible. And with the way that the Carlton defenders sit back behind the ball it is really important that we not only PLAY Schache, but that he competes with the same mindset as he did last week. For me, the highlight play of the week which started with Rhylee West's physicality, was how Shaq competed and then was smart enough to dash back towards goal once he saw Bruce was going to get the loose ball. Thats exactly how you'd hope for two talls to be working together.