Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  67
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Vs Carlton Round 6 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What's with all the syndesmosis injuries in the last few weeks across the league? I don't think I had ever heard of it before Libba famously suffered the injury late in the 2016 season.
    Marc Murphy had one the same season that Libba had his, and he missed almost the entire season. Libba coming back within 5 weeks to play such a pivotal role in our 2016 finals campaign and premiership was the stuff of legend.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Syndesmosis is the new osteitis pubis

4. Likes jeemak, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ed Richards is in line for me.

Watching the replay he just thins too many normal kicks going forward. It doesn't mean he's a bad player, it is definitely in his head but all of his kicks are instep or toe oriented and falling short and he needs to be trained out of it.

And this for mine isn't something that is attitude related and talked out of, he needs a spell and some time with less pressure to execute or just practice. His feet aren't keeping up with his head and they haven't for a while.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Watching the replay he just thins too many normal kicks going forward. It doesn't mean he's a bad player, it is definitely in his head but all of his kicks are instep or toe oriented and falling short and he needs to be trained out of it.

And this for mine isn't something that is attitude related and talked out of, he needs a spell and some time with less pressure to execute or just practice. His feet aren't keeping up with his head and they haven't for a while.
    Agree with this... if we're going like for like (with Hunter) Ed hasn't nailed down a wing spot just yet. Not getting enough of the ball, not kicking it well enough and not involved enough defensively at present.

The tools are all there, but his game needs refining.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I do agree with you but there was one instance kicking to the Footscray end where Bruce was outnumbered two to one. Ed had two choices kick the ball in the air and give it back to North Melbourne or chaos ball it in and hopefully force a stoppage so we could reload in front of goal or force it out of bounce. I believe he chose the latter on purpose.

For me Ed's run and carry is super important to the team. He's playing ok.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Richards has been really good this season. Really positive with the ball in hand and with his pace and low trajectory kicks has hurt factor that few others on our list have. I'd much rather pump games into him than drop him for anyone else, Hunter coming in is fine but Jong out is sufficient.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Richards can definitely clean up his disposal but I think that comes with being comfortable at the level, which you only get through experience. I hope we keep pumping games into him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I like the reference. I didn't even think of that. We were the easybeats the first 2 rounds as well & i do have Friday on my mind already!
    Good one!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Syndesmosis is the new osteitis pubis
    Not really. It's just as 'reverse' ankle sprain that's being reported differently. Whenever someone has missed a month with a sprained ankle in the past it has been syndesmosis.

I agree it is being reported a lot more now though...used to be called a 'high' ankle sprain.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Conditions are likely to be wet Sunday night on the Gold Coast. Given this I don’t think Carlton will go in too tall so it probably leaves out Trengove coming in. I’m feeling Hunter for Jong might be the only non-forced change. Perhaps Schache for a small forward (Weightman or Cavarra) if it’s really going to throw it down.

Question: does a wet match play in our or carltons favour? I would think ours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Conditions are likely to be wet Sunday night on the Gold Coast. Given this I don’t think Carlton will go in too tall so it probably leaves out Trengove coming in. I’m feeling Hunter for Jong might be the only non-forced change. Perhaps Schache for a small forward (Weightman or Cavarra) if it’s really going to throw it down.

Question: does a wet match play in our or carltons favour? I would think ours
    If we lean towards a small forward because of the wet in Weightman or Cavarra I think you have to go with Cavarra for more experience and coming from Willy he would handle the conditions better I would think.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier's appeal failed so he's a definite out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Crozier's appeal failed so he's a definite out.
    So we have two outs in Jong and Crozier, plus I think Vanda may not make it

In Hunter, Butler, Porter
    Last edited by bornadog; 07-07-2020 at 10:48 PM. Reason: My mistake forgetting Hunter
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So we have two outs in Jong and Crozier

In Butler, Porter
    Assuming both Vander & Bazlenka are cleared to play.

Either way I half suspect Suckers gets a reprieve.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Unless i have missed something, I would have though Hunter for Jong was a no-brainer.

Suckling for Crozier, if Suckling is over whatever was affecting his kicking.

With two players under concussion clouds it is likely that one will not come up, in which case I hope Porter is given a chance to debut.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!