Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
1. Winning is more important than giving a player a chance (deserving or not). You can get away with playing mids/flanker types for the experience without too much detriment, but I don't think you can add a second ruckman without severely impacting our gameplan. Chances are English will cop an injury or need a rest at some point and then Sweet will get his chance.

2. Yes they do. English is averaging 89% TOG this season, almost all of that in the ruck. I assume you are proposing cutting his TOG, depriving us of one of our best and most important players over the last 3 weeks? Say he drops back to 70%, Sweet only plays 30%? It would almost be like being down a rotation. Add in 1 or 2 game ending injuries like we have had the past 2 weeks and we have a big problem with this approach.

3. Yes he will, whilst he is playing in the ruck. You are proposing playing him in the ruck less and otherwise resting him on the bench? I don't see how this strategy will advantage us.

4. I never mentioned the wet, but since you brought it up playing 2 ruckmen in the wet along with 2 tall forwards doesn't seem a great strategy to me.
We will keep our respective opinions then, although you seem particularly categorical that you are right. Perhaps varied opinions are the beauty of the forum ��