Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  48
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Vs Essendon Round 7 2020

I like Mofra's idea of swinging Cordy forward. He was v. good in the 2016 prelim & the first goal of the Granny still gives me goosebumps.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    It's clear our forwards are still terrible at the long ball, we made poor decisions going forward and that was our problem.
    when you look at the selected teams from Sunday, Carlton’s 6 forwards kicked 14 goals. The Dogs equivalents kicked 3.

The problem is simply the long ball tactic we are using is rubbish. I hope we don’t see it this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    when you look at the selected teams from Sunday, Carlton’s 6 forwards kicked 14 goals. The Dogs equivalents kicked 3.

The problem is simply the long ball tactic we are using is rubbish. I hope we don’t see it this week.
    A telling stat even though I thought our defenders battled away so well but our forward line didn't click at all.

Not sure what we should do with Schache. He needs more time but it's hard to justify given his effort on Sunday night
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A telling stat even though I thought our defenders battled away so well but our forward line didn't click at all.

Not sure what we should do with Schache. He needs more time but it's hard to justify given his effort on Sunday night
    Yet he played ok the previous week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping Schache now would set him back too far imo. If fit he needs a month of footy in decent conditions and certainly more than 50% game time.

He's played some solid games for us in the past but he's floundering atm so we need to bring in the 4-6 week rule and find out what we've got.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com's verdit:

Hayden Crozier has served his one-match ban and should slot straight back into the side. Louis Butler found plenty of the footy, but his ball use was a little below where he may have liked. Josh Schache needs to really show something with Aaron Naughton out, but he managed just two disposals against the Blues. Lewis Young could slot in up forward but Beveridge might give Schache another chance. Sam Lloyd is also a chance to return earlier than expected from his collarbone injury.

Verdict: Crozier replaces Butler - Jourdan Canil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    AFL.com's verdit:

Hayden Crozier has served his one-match ban and should slot straight back into the side. Louis Butler found plenty of the footy, but his ball use was a little below where he may have liked. Josh Schache needs to really show something with Aaron Naughton out, but he managed just two disposals against the Blues. Lewis Young could slot in up forward but Beveridge might give Schache another chance. Sam Lloyd is also a chance to return earlier than expected from his collarbone injury.

Verdict: Crozier replaces Butler - Jourdan Canil
    I think there will be a few changes to try and freshen players up. Bevo mentioned after the game there could be a couple that come in.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to be able to score heavily once we get the ball inside forward fifty because if we don't, we will struggle to stop the likes of Saad, Fantasia and McKenna sling shotting the ball forward at speed. It will be an interesting mix, we need some height to give some aerial presence but will also need some speed to apply defensive pressure at ground level. Over to you MC, nothing surprises anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache played 57% for 2 possessions and Bruce 85% for 6 (for the third time), Dale also had 6 possessions. The three of them combined for 6 kicks.

I think it’s time to forget about the players and examine the game plan. The TV followed the ball so I rarely saw Schache, but I saw Bruce a lot. He ran hard but had no chance because the opposition knew he was the only target and put 2 spoilers on him. Some of our other forwards also got in his way while their opponents set up to collect the spill.

we know Schache can kick goals, we know Bruce can kick goals, we know Dale can kick goals. But we have a game plan that prevents them from getting the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache played 57% for 2 possessions and Bruce 85% for 6 (for the third time), Dale also had 6 possessions. The three of them combined for 6 kicks.

I think it’s time to forget about the players and examine the game plan. The TV followed the ball so I rarely saw Schache, but I saw Bruce a lot. He ran hard but had no chance because the opposition knew he was the only target and put 2 spoilers on him. Some of our other forwards also got in his way while their opponents set up to collect the spill.

we know Schache can kick goals, we know Bruce can kick goals, we know Dale can kick goals. But we have a game plan that prevents them from getting the ball.
    Yeah and it’s been like this for 4 years now. We all keep banging on about the same flaws in our setup (not just up forward) and we’re seeing little to no change. Sure when things are going well who cares right? But when we lose it’s always under the same circumstances and it’s as though we’re playing a different brand. Obviously the opposition have a big say in this but we need to figure out a plan b when this occurs which we haven’t figured out for 4 years

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is why I think Bruce gets a leave pass for last week. To me he seemed to be working really hard against insurmountable odds.

Still he fronted up and continued to try and hit packs.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't sound like a game plan issue to me. I doubt our coaches are instructing our forwards to get in each others way, or for players upfield to deliver the ball poorly to the guys inside 50.

Schache has consistently been inconsistent throughout his career to date. You saw Bruce more, because he works harder to stay involved. Schache needs to find a way to get involved even when he's not a viable target. He is far too meek at the moment and reactive.

16. Likes Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When given some space these guys can get the footy, use it and score. They simply didn't have any on the weekend, and it wasn't helped by small guys like West trying to jump over the top of them!

I don't think the congestion was reflective of the game plan, or at least I hope it wasn't...…….!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    That doesn't sound like a game plan issue to me. I doubt our coaches are instructing our forwards to get in each others way, or for players upfield to deliver the ball poorly to the guys inside 50.

Schache has consistently been inconsistent throughout his career to date. You saw Bruce more, because he works harder to stay involved. Schache needs to find a way to get involved even when he's not a viable target. He is far too meek at the moment and reactive.
    Its the the execution of the game plan by some of the players. I think Carlton's game plan was to flood our forward line and then sling shot over the top to score. We need forward players that can also tackle and keep the ball locked in and if the ball does come out, a defensive wall must be in place to stop the ball coming into the oppositions forward line. In other words at least 3 or 4 players to not be sucked up the ground, but stay back and defend.

Post Thanks / Like

Selection may be compromised off the short week.

Personally it is an easy choice Crozier for Butler.

However we need more forward and I support this week as the time to give Jordan Sweet his chance.

I would drop Schache for Sweet and play English more forward as the relief ruck.

Sweet will toughen our resolve around the stoppage and cannot possibly provide less than Schache effort last week.
    It also lessens the burden on English.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured