Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  48
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Vs Essendon Round 7 2020

Based on that, Gardner will play.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Based on that, Gardner will play.
    I am not exactly sure where though...

If our back 7 is Williams, Crozier, JJ, Daniel, Wood, Keath and Cordy (assuming Butler out), then it means either Keath or Cordy out...which means Cordy out.

I have read with interest the comments about Schache and his development - I am 100% against yo-yo selections, but surely after a couple of seasons Josh is aware that performances like the one last week can't be part of his resume any more. If we 'hold' selection on the basis that leaving him on out because it will set him back developmentally/cause him to lose confidence, well, we have issues.

Butler has been in/out/in/and now the proposal is that he should be OUT...no-one seems concerned that he doesn't know if he is Arthur or Martha. Lachie Young's brother is playing really good footy in his first season for Freo - no one seems concerned that he will be feeling a little unloved given he played a couple last year and has been overlooked in favour of Butler (twice). But we are concerned about a more mature, experienced player 5-seasons and 2-clubs into his career? As for Le Young...for heavens sake...if anyone was in need of a confidence boost...first we recruit Keath to effectively replace him, then we move him forward (and he kicks 4 goals)...then he is, well...I don't know? Somehow, behind Gardner, behind Schache, behind Keath, behind Bruce, behind Gowers...

I'm not sure where I am going with this but we should 100% not be getting too stressed about whether Schache plays or not as surely to goodness he knows by now that he needs to play with genuine effort to be an effective player.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, Bulldog Joe, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Wow 4 changes. That's more than after the saints game yeah? It's always hard to tell with Bevo but sounds like he was royally p***ed off with our effort last week.
    5 day turnaround may play a part in that too.

There is a concern if we swap 3 out of our 6 starting forwards... where's the synergy? It's not like the kids are working on their positioning and leading patterns at VFL level.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I'm not sure where I am going with this but we should 100% not be getting too stressed about whether Schache plays or not as surely to goodness he knows by now that he needs to play with genuine effort to be an effective player.
    Do we look at it a different way. Schache played the first quarter last week, and we were not converting chances. Perhaps Bevo said to Schache, we are going to change our structure, go smaller and you will sit on the bench. I know Schache came on in the last, but that was when the game was beyond us. I guess, what I am saying is he may not get dropped because he was sacrificed for the change in game plan?

Just a theory.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not exactly sure where though...
    Probably forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be surprised if Lipinski is dropped. He was by no means our worst and I really rate him but for whatever reason the MC seems down on him and I feel like he has to play for his spot more than others.

Could we also see someone like Libba who has been more susceptible to injuries be given a rest this week, maybe for Porter?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post

Could we also see someone like Libba who has been more susceptible to injuries be given a rest this week, maybe for Porter?
    For Porter?

If Libba needs a rest, well...to me, now is NOT the time. And if he does, surely it is to allow Wallis to move mode, Weightman goes forward. I know no one believes it, but Essendon are winning every week and we need to have our best available team on the park.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Likes jeemak, bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For Porter?

If Libba needs a rest, well...to me, now is NOT the time. And if he does, surely it is to allow Wallis to move mode, Weightman goes forward. I know no one believes it, but Essendon are winning every week and we need to have our best available team on the park.
    Agreed. Plus we usually announce our debutants early and make a big deal out of it, can't see another new player in at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Agreed. Plus we usually announce our debutants early and make a big deal out of it, can't see another new player in at this stage.
    Yes I agree.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Metricon Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

ESSENDON
    In: M.Redman, N.Cahill
    Out: D.Shiel (suspension), M.Gleeson (managed)
    New: Ned Cahill

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    In: H.Crozier, C.Weightman, M.Suckling, La.Young
    Out: J.Schache (omitted), R.West (omitted), T.McLean (omitted), L.Butler (omitted)
    New: Cody Weightman
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

13. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 (mostly) forwards and a defender out for 3 defenders and a forward. I guess Sucking and Young might be playing some midfield time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    3 (mostly) forwards and a defender out for 3 defenders and a forward. I guess Sucking and Young might be playing some midfield time?
    Well. I didn’t see MCLean getting the axe. Thought he had two good games and though not great last week who was?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Crozier, Suckling and La Young will bolster our defence. Will be interested to see how Cody Weightman goes in the forward line. Can he offer some spark up there with Josh Bruce.

Not that surprising with the omissions to be honest although Rhylee West and Toby Mclean have been pretty decent before last Sunday. Schache not too good last Sunday but good a week before and Butler is still just starting out.

Need big games from our midfield group in Bont, Libba, Macrae, Hunter and Bailey Smith.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t McLean play on and kill Docherty last week?

Whatever. Just happy with no Gardner.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

There were worse performers versus the Blues but McLean out's hardly shocking.

There's clearly a multi-talented footballer in there but he's been lost for a while now and caught myself wondering during last week's game if he might verging on 'trade-bait' territory.

It's frustrating we haven't been able to utilise him effectively enough.
    BORDERLINE FLYING