Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  48
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Vs Essendon Round 7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Well i knew it was only a matter of time. Fox footy have an article going that Essendon will appeal Shiels suspension as the MRI of Taylor came back clean. So because he has no facial fractures they reckon he'll get a fine as the impact should be low and not high. What a joke of a system it is.
    He still couldn't play out the game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you think we will give English a rest this week. He has been rucking non stop the whole season so far.
    Bevo made a point of saying that we brought up the whole squad and that all the boys who trained Saturday, ergo didn't play Sunday are good to go and we give everyone a shot.

So in Trengove?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bevo made a point of saying that we brought up the whole squad and that all the boys who trained Saturday, ergo didn't play Sunday are good to go and we give everyone a shot.

So in Trengove?
    or Sweet

or Both
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Typical essendon
    Knew they would
    If they let this off then it’s head high bumps at will
    The Afl has made a massive rod for its back with its insane outcome based verdict

Post Thanks / Like

Chose to attack the player rather than the ball. Actually went past the ball to bump the player. High contact, high impact?

Guilty as charged your Honour.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Chose to attack the player rather than the ball. Actually went past the ball to bump the player. High contact, high impact?

Guilty as charged your Honour.
    Rowan got off

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Rowan got off
    There's literally no rhyme or reason behind these now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

or Sweet

or Both
    Jong to ruck.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Jong to ruck.
    Except he is injured

Post Thanks / Like

Except he is injured
    thatsthejoke.jpg
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Think Schache would be an obvious exclusion - which normally means he'll play - but if he does get dropped, I can see him getting Trengove'd

Maybe we just need to look at one tall (Bruce) for now, and look at pace in our F50 (Weightman / Cavarra) as a priority.

Crozier plays (of course) but I'm not sure it'll be for Butler straight off.

Not looking forward to Friday night.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Think Schache would be an obvious exclusion - which normally means he'll play - but if he does get dropped, I can see him getting Trengove'd

Maybe we just need to look at one tall (Bruce) for now, and look at pace in our F50 (Weightman / Cavarra) as a priority.

Crozier plays (of course) but I'm not sure it'll be for Butler straight off.

Not looking forward to Friday night.
    It's clear our forwards are still terrible at the long ball, we made poor decisions going forward and that was our problem.
    However still you expect more from Schache in that he barely touched it and gave no physical contest whatsoever.

i would bring Lewis Young in for him, he gives us an option at both ends if needed. Weightman or Cavarra for Richards.

I like what Richards does right, and i know Bevo loves him but he just needs to get more of it. He has averaged around the 12.5 disposals a game for 3 years with little change at all. Should be doing more by now.

Crozier much needed ball user down back, has to come back in. Butler will be a good player soon but got a bit nervous at times and played safe. Needed him to take the game on more like Crozier would of and it might of made a difference. Can't fault him for just his second game though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

So in Trengove?
    Do they have many tall forwards? There's McKernan and who... Hooker swings forward?

I'm more worried about their small forwards than their talls TBH. And with Naughton out and if Lewie Young isn't putting his hand up, we could gamble on swinging Cordy forward as he's covers the ground and at least he competes. Schache is either injured, or horribly out of form and will surely be an out.

I like Butler but I'm not sure he's ready.
    If we're desperate for another smaller defender who can kick, why not just play Ed Richards there which is where he's played his best football anyway? It won't be an issue this week with Crozier back, and Richards was pretty poor last game anyway.

I'd bring in Trengove and swing Cordy forward, Trengove can give chop outs in the ruck and Cordy can go back during those periods. Bevo won't do that, so I'll go with:

Out: Schache, Butler, Richards
    In: Crozier, Dickson, Cavarra
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    It's clear our forwards are still terrible at the long ball, we made poor decisions going forward and that was our problem.
    However still you expect more from Schache in that he barely touched it and gave no physical contest whatsoever.

i would bring Lewis Young in for him, he gives us an option at both ends if needed. Weightman or Cavarra for Richards.

I like what Richards does right, and i know Bevo loves him but he just needs to get more of it. He has averaged around the 12.5 disposals a game for 3 years with little change at all. Should be doing more by now.

Crozier much needed ball user down back, has to come back in. Butler will be a good player soon but got a bit nervous at times and played safe. Needed him to take the game on more like Crozier would of and it might of made a difference. Can't fault him for just his second game though.
    re: bit in bold - it's this where you fear he'll lose the coaches trust. He's too inconsistent in this area.

Really like what he does well, but....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs