Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Vs Essendon Round 7 2020

Young west is stiff
    Same for Toby
    Schache’s effort last week was all to familiar , sadly

Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised to see Zane named on the forward line. He will bring an aggressive edge and be able to hit packs hard.
    Of the 4 omissions, Butler was the only one to make it on the emergency list.
    Certainly missed Crozier last week.

3. Likes CarnTheScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo never ceases to amaze.

Lets just fill the team with defenders and a make shift forward-line.

Can't believe that McLean goes out before Wallis or Dale.

#inbevowetrust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Bevo never ceases to amaze.

Lets just fill the team with defenders and a make shift forward-line.

Can't believe that McLean goes out before Wallis or Dale.

#inbevowetrust
    Well what forwards did we lose? Schache? Doesn't look any good right now and last game cemented that.

McLean kicks goals once in a blue moon. West is a midfielder played out of position and cannot kick goals when in the forward, only when running in and Butler is a defender.

Wallis has been a regular goal kicker this year and Dale is a softie but does the same (although i wish he was bloody dropped for Dicko or Lloyd).

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie Young will play in Cordys position while he is forward. Though they'll move Cordy back if Young can't handle it but I have faith in him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Well. I didn’t see MCLean getting the axe. Thought he had two good games and though not great last week who was?
    Yes agree. I feel the same for West.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Gees that's an odd looking team.
    Loaded for defenders, a makeshift CHF in Cordy ( with no recognisable fallback should he play poorly)
    And very young and inexperienced with Vandermeer, Weightman, Young with less than 11 games experience between them.
    I suppose I should be used to weird team selections by now.
    If we pull this off the Match Committee are geniuses.
    I suspect the Bombers to come out very hard given the absolute pantsing we gave them last year.
    Hope we're up for it.

Post Thanks / Like

McLean is clearly in the bad books with Bevo unless it's managed. Thought he was OK recently. Playing favourites is a worry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarnTheScray View Post
    Well what forwards did we lose? Schache? Doesn't look any good right now and last game cemented that.

McLean kicks goals once in a blue moon. West is a midfielder played out of position and cannot kick goals when in the forward, only when running in and Butler is a defender.

Wallis has been a regular goal kicker this year and Dale is a softie but does the same (although i wish he was bloody dropped for Dicko or Lloyd).
    All of Schache, West and McLean have been playing in the forwardline... and whilst that might not be where the latter 2 are best suited, its where they've been playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    McLean is clearly in the bad books with Bevo unless it's managed. Thought he was OK recently. Playing favourites is a worry.
    Mclean was shocking last week. Didn't touch the ball in the 1st quarter and had 4 in the second, and finished with 13. He really is not playing well at all. Similarly West had 9 touches.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why we’d play cordy forward unless they just want pressure in the forward half
    I thought he’d played well until last week ! Would have thought they go one big forward and smalls and mediums considering it’s a night game in Queensland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not sure why we’d play cordy forward unless they just want pressure in the forward half
    I thought he’d played well until last week ! Would have thought they go one big forward and smalls and mediums considering it’s a night game in Queensland.
    I imagine it's because Essendon have only one tall forward, and it's Shaun Mckernan.

We have named a short forwardline ourselves, so they may swing Hurley or Hooker forward considering Ridley and Redman can both play tallish, but I guess we are backing Wood, Crozier and Young in to cover Cordy's absence, or alternatively just swing Cordy back if needed.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Mclean was shocking last week. Didn't touch the ball in the 1st quarter and had 4 in the second, and finished with 13. He really is not playing well at all. Similarly West had 9 touches.
    That could describe a few last week BAD?

Had 13 and 4 tackles.

Wallis 7 and 4.
    Dale 6 and 3.

Just think not the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He did do a very effective job on Docherty as a defensive forward (from what we could see on the telecast - Docherty had 15 touches but the majority came in final quarter junk time). The Bombers set up players of Saad and McKenna are possibly too quick for him. I would have thought he could do a defensive job on Merrett, but that hasn't really been a focus of ours.

I am surprised that he and West are on the outer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Toby request a trade at the end of the season, and I hope that Westy is just being managed as a young player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    He did do a very effective job on Docherty as a defensive forward (from what we could see on the telecast - Docherty had 15 touches but the majority came in final quarter junk time). The Bombers set up players of Saad and McKenna are possibly too quick for him. I would have thought he could do a defensive job on Merrett, but that hasn't really been a focus of ours.

I am surprised that he and West are on the outer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Toby request a trade at the end of the season, and I hope that Westy is just being managed as a young player.
    I actually think that Hunter was on Docherty in the early parts of the game, but I get the sentiment.

How the likes of Richards (especially), Dale & Wallis seem to be free from scrutiny in the eyes of the MC is beyond me, but as we know Bevo certainly has his favourites.