Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful problems

We have some problems at the kennel, but some of them are great to have

I'll start with our midfielders who can win their own ball. What to do with them all? I'd love to have West take the occasional centre bounce, but can we actually do it? Macrae has been trialled on a wing which had to happen more, and Libba has been a revelation. What happens when Dunkley is fit?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beautiful problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We have some problems at the kennel, but some of them are great to have

I'll start with our midfielders who can win their own ball. What to do with them all? I'd love to have West take the occasional centre bounce, but can we actually do it? Macrae has been trialled on a wing which had to happen more, and Libba has been a revelation. What happens when Dunkley is fit?
    What happens with Naughton if the Bruce/Schache combo works like it did last night?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What happens with Naughton if the Bruce/Schache combo works like it did last night?
    Play em all. Naughton is hardly a liabilty with the ball on the ground and Schache has it in him to work hard up to the wings and deliver the ball into 50.

West Coast played 4 tall forwards yesterday and looked way better than they have all year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

While I know where this is headed what about the 3 tall forwards Bevo promised us?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Play em all. Naughton is hardly a liabilty with the ball on the ground and Schache has it in him to work hard up to the wings and deliver the ball into 50.

West Coast played 4 tall forwards yesterday and looked way better than they have all year.
    Yup. One way to find out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Finally we seem to have some depth in not only the mids but the taller options. We also have plenty of options in the backline. What happens when Duryea is fit and firing? Williams, Crozier, Caleb all playing well.

I still want to see a small forward kicking lots of goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Bont continues to receive a hard tag, we should play him 70%+ forward, which will open up the midfield rotation. While we had success last year going with a tighter rotation (at least, that’s how I saw it) towards the end of the season, I think we will have more success doing the opposite this year.

The young guys have wheels and are tenacious so we actually gain quite a bit moving different combinations through there.

8. Likes azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reality is Naughton plays when fit, but based on the last three weeks there is no spot in defense for him either.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

In his members video, Bevo mentioned Weightman performed well in the scratchy so maybe he's not far off.

I'm looking forward to letting him loose, I reckon he'll give us even more energy and sizzle.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Finally we seem to have some depth in not only the mids but the taller options. We also have plenty of options in the backline. What happens when Duryea is fit and firing? Williams, Crozier, Caleb all playing well.

I am actually happy with Dales progression. He gets involved very early in quarters and impacts the scoreboard directly or indirectly.

I often thought we required a small stay at home forward, but do we with Wallis and Dale doing their bit?

Post Thanks / Like

In his members video, Bevo mentioned Weightman performed well in the scratchy so maybe he's not far off.

I'm looking forward to letting him loose, I reckon he'll give us even more energy and sizzle.
    I think Bevo was still on a high after the win he also pumped up half the team Trengrove and Porter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Reality is Naughton plays when fit, but based on the last three weeks there is no spot in defense for him either.
    Yeah, it's a conundrum for sure, but a good one to have.

Given how well the defence is humming, if it continues that way, I can see Naughton playing forward and Schache taking Dale's role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think Bevo was still on a high after the win he also pumped up half the team Trengrove and Porter!
    Yep, must have been on cloud 9 to give Trenners a pump up haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Exactly. Considering both Naughton and Schache offer at least as much as Lloyd and/or Wallis upfield in their current roles then absolutely it can work.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton - who goes out for him? For Hunter? It's a great problem to have. We have a trend of losing our best goalkicker from the year before so does that mean Lloyd is in trouble? West and Vendermeer are perferming well enough to hold their spots
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers