Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Football Strategy and game plans - what else can we do?

We have watched in the past three weeks, Bevo has tweaked our defensive side with better setups at stoppages, and plonking English at CHB to help mop up the ball coming in high. This has also been helped with a more balanced team.

Based on the current team (all players we have at our disposal, not injured) , and tactics, what else can we do to the game plan, or what other available players should come in, to make sure we keep winning or staying competitive?

I know it is not an easy question, but there are many good football brains on WOOF.

Discuss.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Strategy and game plans - what else can we do?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We have watched in the past three weeks, Bevo has tweaked our defensive side with better setups at stoppages, and plonking English at CHB to help mop up the ball coming in high. This has also been helped with a more balanced team.

Based on the current team (all players we have at our disposal, not injured) , and tactics, what else can we do to the game plan, or what other available players should come in, to make sure we keep winning or staying competitive?

I know it is not an easy question, but there are many good football brains on WOOF.

Discuss.
    Naughton to defence....kidding.

I think the key to winning for our side really comes to application and effort. If we drop off even a little bit, we tend to get smashed.

So I think the question I'd like answered is how do we win when we're not completely dominating? I like the tweak of Timmy floating back and hopping in the hole, he's one of the few ruckman in the league that can do it and provide a marking option around the ground. I hope we continue with him as the 7th defender.

I'm also concerned about the low productivity from players like Richards, Dale, Schache, Vandermeer etc. We have quite a few that have a tendancy to go missing which kills you in tight games against the best teams. How do we get these players more involved?
    Last edited by comrade; 08-07-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Strategy and game plans - what else can we do?

I would love to be able to go to a game to see where exactly English goes on the ground. While he certainly gets back he does not just plonk himself in the backline. He is getting plenty of touches linking up through the middle of the ground and of course finds himself forward at times too. Any of our Queensland members heading to Metricon on Sunday?

5. Likes bornadog liked this post