Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  42
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love Beating Carlton

After nearly 2 decades, you'd hope they've finally reached a point of competitiveness.

And no matter how much Carlton fans will disagree, they made a blunder taking the safe choice of Walsh over the game changing talents of Rankine, Kingsx2 and Smith.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    After nearly 2 decades, you'd hope they've finally reached a point of competitiveness.

And no matter how much Carlton fans will disagree, they made a blunder taking the safe choice of Walsh over the game changing talents of Rankine, Kingsx2 and Smith.
    I'd add Lukosius and Rozee to that list as well. I don't think we can view the Walsh selection as anything other than an excellent one though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at that top ten I don't think you would have gone wrong with any of them. Walsh is a good player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Looking at that top ten I don't think you would have gone wrong with any of them. Walsh is a good player.
    Good player, won't be the best from that draft though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Good player, won't be the best from that draft though.
    Won't be Tim Walsh either or Richard Tambling either.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking an impact similar to Marc Murphy. Not bad at all but nothing spectacular. He's a safe bet and you can't blame them for picking him.

Speaking of safe bets, you would hate to have a pick between 3-10 this year. It's anyones guess who is good and who isnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Walsh is awesome, I think it's become a bit self-fulfilling that he has no upside by people continuing to say it. He took a colossal pack mark on the weekend that I didn't know he had in him and has shown a pretty decent bag of tricks. Just because he looks, sounds and walks like a Trent Cotchin type does not mean he is.

Anyway I thought we were all bagging Rozee now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Walsh is awesome, I think it's become a bit self-fulfilling that he has no upside by people continuing to say it. He took a colossal pack mark on the weekend that I didn't know he had in him and has shown a pretty decent bag of tricks. Just because he looks, sounds and walks like a Trent Cotchin type does not mean he is.

Yeah I was all ready to get on the "Walsh is meh" train but i thought he was super impressive yesterday. That mark was incredible, he linked up really well and ran hard forward and most importantly finished his chances.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Yeah I like him too. That's why I'm surprised people are saying "he's no Smith/King/Rozee" when he's a good player in his own right.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I like him too. That's why I'm surprised people are saying "he's no Smith/King/Rozee" when he's a good player in his own right.
    Just about every team has the right to say they've done very well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies if I'm saying what someone else may have already said earlier.....

But those of you that are about 25 years or younger, really have no idea how unbearable it is when Carlton are a good side. Trust me, it is truly awful. The arrogance is beyond anything you've seen in footy in your lifetimes.

The recent 15 years or so, I have never once felt sympathy for them when they've been pummelled by big margins or had big losing streaks.

The weekend was quite glorious having Essendon, Hawthon, Carlton and North all lose.

12. Likes CarnTheScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

The weekend was quite glorious having Essendon, Hawthon, Carlton and North all lose.
    And Geelong. And GWS.

Great weekend of footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd add Lukosius and Rozee to that list as well. I don't think we can view the Walsh selection as anything other than an excellent one though.
    Walsh is the least of their problems in relation to recent draft selections. Their other recent top 10 selections Paddy Dow and Lochie O'Brien were selected for outside run but have not come on as expected (Dow currently injured but has been a ball butcher).

The top 10 from 2018 is total rolled gold - even Chayce Jones is a really good player in a crap team. Arguably Nick Blakey is the worst performed of that group. Walsh was awesome yesterday - for a 2nd year player he had a very large influence on that game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Apologies if I'm saying what someone else may have already said earlier.....

But those of you that are about 25 years or younger, really have no idea how unbearable it is when Carlton are a good side. Trust me, it is truly awful. The arrogance is beyond anything you've seen in footy in your lifetimes.

The recent 15 years or so, I have never once felt sympathy for them when they've been pummelled by big margins or had big losing streaks.

Im in my early 30s and have no idea what they can be like. They've sucked for as long as i can remember. But being a big club I can only imagine.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you’d think after having more number ones than the Beatles they’d come good.
    Sadly , they’re on the up .
    Still reckon they need a few more quality mids