Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things you have learned - RD 6 v Carlton 2020

Oh where to start.
    1. It too far too long to switch from possession based football to territory gain football, when its wet you don't over possess the pill even local footballers know that.
    2. Smashed out of the middle early and didn't notice set up positions alter too much to change things, made it far too easy for Carltons forward half with quick clean entries.
    3. Although we had more forward fifty entries we lacked cleanliness and as usual didn't get bang for buck but more crucially had no way of retaining the footy once it got inside with a lack of forward fifty pressure.
    4. Carlton were able to transition the footy out of our forward end with ridiculous ease and we allowed them a virtual empty corridor to pick and choose which forward target to hit up.
    5. Our foot skills were not as good as the other mob.
    6. Bailey Smith plays like he cares but I knew that already, future captain.
    7. Thank goodness Alex Keath played, battled on manfully.

Post Thanks / Like

1.Covid + no subscription TV/ no free-to-air= No footy.
    2. I can't listen to the radio when we are losing.
    3. I can't follow the game solely on WOOF when we are losing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    1.Covid + no subscription TV/ no free-to-air= No footy.
    2. I can't listen to the radio when we are losing.
    3. I can't follow the game solely on WOOF when we are losing.
    Kayo have a 14 day free trial. Worth considering next time we have a pay tv only game.
    I refuse to get foxtel as it is choc full of rubbish and prefer to get netflix & amaon prime instead - but have signed up to Kayo for the sport - and it is doing the job.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Crozier is important and an organiser in our defense. He was sorely missed

2. We are really exposed for experienced depth on our list. Only really Suckling and Trengove could've addressed that last night. I don't think either or both would've made a difference. We need some more experience and age on our list.

3. I think last night confirmed we are still not reliable. We're a long way from being the type of team you can bank on to win the games we should win. Is it talent, character or experience we're lacking. Only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are terrible when we are playing the last game of the round. The wait must get in our heads or something.

2. Surely we need a better game day strategy assistant to help Beveridge (although for some reason I don't think Bevo thinks he needs one). We lost a winnable game by 8+ goals and led some key stats. How can we lose by that margin and have the ball more in our forward line than the opposition. Either the players don't listen to instruction (don't play them), the conditions didn't suit them (don't play them), or the game plan wasn't working. Bevo once again beaten in the box in my opinion.

3. Any top 4 ambition just got smashed in 20 minutes. Our last quarter was as bad as it as it gets. No stood up to stem the bleeding which tells me we are further away from where we need to be as a premiership threat than I thought or should I say hoped.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    1. We are terrible when we are playing the last game of the round. The wait must get in our heads or something.

2. Surely we need a better game day strategy assistant to help Beveridge (although for some reason I don't think Bevo thinks he needs one). We lost a winnable game by 8+ goals and led some key stats. How can we lose by that margin and have the ball more in our forward line than the opposition. Either the players don't listen to instruction (don't play them), the conditions didn't suit them (don't play them), or the game plan wasn't working. Bevo once again beaten in the box in my opinion.

3. Any top 4 ambition just got smashed in 20 minutes. Our last quarter was as bad as it as it gets. No stood up to stem the bleeding which tells me we are further away from where we need to be as a premiership threat than I thought or should I say hoped.
    Point 2 is the interesting one for me. No one can accuse Bevo of not being loyal to the players, the question mark must be around if that loyalty is being repaid by enough of them
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have the slowest fwd line in the AFL
    2. Can we actually tackle taking the arm and not the waist?
    3. Our team can be one of the most “mentally weak” in the AFL
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    1. We have the slowest fwd line in the AFL
    2. Can we actually tackle taking the arm and not the waist?
    3. Our team can be one of the most “mentally weak” in the AFL
    This is an excellent point and the reality is we don’t really have any lightning quick replacements (even Weightman and Cavarra aren’t super quick).

We’ve tried Suckling forward, is it time to give JJ a run up there? He could play a negating role on Saad or McKenna etc. (rather than being tagged out of the game), provide a bit of forward half pressure, and he can kick a goal. He has not exactly set the world on fire the last few seasons and we have about 8 trillion HB’s.

Post Thanks / Like

1. As has been mentioned I would like to see Westy do the crumbing in the forward line not flying with the big boys.

2. Schache was very disappointing. With lists tipped to be around the 35 mark next season the pressure is on a lot of the players.

3. Crozier sorely missed. Confident we will do better with him in the side this week.