Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The run home

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The run home

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It’s a tough 3 week stretch, essentially playing the top 3 sides in consecutive weeks. But it’ll show us what we’re made of and where we realistically sit. I think need all agree we’re a chance in each game but also just as likely to be blown out in each game! You just don’t know what you’re gonna get
    Yeah, we'll certainly be left with no doubts as to where we stand after this stretch of games.

It's a shame Naughton & Dunks are still 4-6 weeks away. The season will be just about done.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Pretty sh*tty draw for the next 3 weeks.

Richmond, Port at Adelaide Oval, Brisbane at Gabba.
    Not easy but capable of winning those games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Tough draw but we could come out the other side flag favourites
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we come out of it with two wins out of the next 4 I’ll be happy.
    Richmond is entirely winnable
    Port in Adelaide will be incredibly tough
    Brisbane at the Gabba, almost impossible
    Adelaide should be easy
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

7. Likes boydogs, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That will be Brisbane's 3rd game in 9 days. This season will throw up some surprises

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    If we come out of it with two wins out of the next 4 I’ll be happy.
    Richmond is entirely winnable
    Port in Adelaide will be incredibly tough
    Brisbane at the Gabba, almost impossible
    Adelaide should be easy
    You are way too pessimistic.
    We get all those opponents of an extra days break.

We have a very good record against Richmond.

Against Port I think we match up well.

We are right in against Brisbane

and yes we should get over Adelaide.

If we are any chance we need to beat these sides to prove our credentials and boost our self belief. Get over them before we get Dunks and Naughton back will generate a lot of belief for the group.

We need to win 4 of our next 5 (including GC). It is doable and all 5 would guarantee finals.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gah, that's a hell of a hill to climb.

Sue me but I fear the next four games effectively sink our season ... but shelving the doomsaying for a moment can you imagine reaching the Crows game with a few big scalps under the arm then welcoming back Naughts & Dunks for the run home?

Yeah nah. Not a chance.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Even losing a few of those games doesn't sink our season, IMO. The race is so tight atm, all teams are dropping games they shouldn't, and with it only being 17 games I think it will stay incredibly even (currently 6 points separating 3rd and 14th).

We are a definite shot in every game we play, as long as our defensive press is set up and our forwards work hard. I am as worried as anyone that there will be at least one blowout in that stretch, but fingers crossed we can hold it together. It'll be a significant battle of attrition, but even in terms of our breaks we have done well - 4 games in 18 days for us, but Cats play 4 in 14 and Pies 4 in 13.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    You are way too pessimistic.
    We get all those opponents of an extra days break.

We have a very good record against Richmond.

Against Port I think we match up well.

We are right in against Brisbane

and yes we should get over Adelaide.

If we are any chance we need to beat these sides to prove our credentials and boost our self belief. Get over them before we get Dunks and Naughton back will generate a lot of belief for the group.

We need to win 4 of our next 5 (including GC). It is doable and all 5 would guarantee finals.
    yeah might be a little pessimistic but I’d call it realism. We are currently inconsistent, I want to think we can win every one but honestly if we bought what we did against Carlton to any of these games these other teams will jump on the chance to pants us infront of their home crowds.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I've though if you can get to round ten just ahead of the ledger or at worst square, then you're in OK shape this season. Nobody was really expected to start fantastically, people kept talking about good starts but once the season was up and running the run home was always going to be the most important.

I reckon we are better than even to be ahead of square at round ten, and I think we're relatively healthy and that will play in our favour as the season progresses. While I think Dunkley and Naughton are definitely best 22, having them doesn't make us hugely more likely to win. What's between the ears of the players does and if we get that right for the remainder of the season...…..
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Lions will have 13/17 in Qld. Plus finals and likely GF. What an amazing opportunity for them to win the flag*. The Tiger’s advantages starkest reminder.

Post Thanks / Like

It can work in your favour sometimes having a string of tough games in a row, brings out the best in you
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

18. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if our next hub will be in Perth or will the Perth hub come to the Gold Coast?

We may just avoid playing the WA teams in Perth this year - avoiding WA would be massive.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Even losing a few of those games doesn't sink our season, IMO. The race is so tight atm, all teams are dropping games they shouldn't, and with it only being 17 games I think it will stay incredibly even (currently 6 points separating 3rd and 14th).

We are a definite shot in every game we play, as long as our defensive press is set up and our forwards work hard. I am as worried as anyone that there will be at least one blowout in that stretch, but fingers crossed we can hold it together. It'll be a significant battle of attrition, but even in terms of our breaks we have done well - 4 games in 18 days for us, but Cats play 4 in 14 and Pies 4 in 13.
    Limiting blow outs is the key. It seems we win large, or lose large.

Also agree losing a few games doesn't sink our season. Tigers season was done a few weeks back and now they are top four.
    More of an In Bruges guy?