Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The run home

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The run home

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I wonder if our next hub will be in Perth or will the Perth hub come to the Gold Coast?

We may just avoid playing the WA teams in Perth this year - avoiding WA would be massive.
    We may fly in and out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

From Fox Sports

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Round 9: Richmond, Metricon Stadium (home), Wednesday July 29 at 7:10pm
    Round 10: Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval (away), Monday August 3 at 7:10pm
    Round 11: Brisbane Lions, Gabba (away), Saturday August 8 at 7:40pm
    Round 12: Adelaide Crows, Metricon Stadium (home), Sunday August 16 at 1:05pm

Days break differential: +6

Pros... A full six days more in breaks than their opponents, the best differential of any club, including three days more than Adelaide heading into Round 12... they play on the first day of this 20-day block of games and then on the second-last day, which is almost as perfect as you could get... commercially a solid stretch with two games on free-to-air.

Cons... The extra breaks are needed because there are some very tricky games here... Tigers-Power-Lions is a brutal stretch, so they can’t afford to be out of form over that 11 days... have to play current top two sides Port and Brisbane at their home grounds, which swings already tricky games further in their opponents’ favour.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can win 1 of those first 3 and then obvioulsly take the crows game, I'll be quite happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    If we can win 1 of those first 3 and then obvioulsly take the crows game, I'll be quite happy.
    Provided we beat Gold Coast. That would leave us 7 and 5 and in not too bad a position.

I'm reasonably confident we beat the Tiges, we generally go well against them and given they will still be missing a few key players we really should get the job done. If we can also jag a win against Port or Brisbane it would a great result.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough little run ahead - but if we can win a minimum of 3 of 5 and be 7-5 - we'd be in a reasonable position with the following teams left on the table;

Freo
    Geelong
    Hawthorn
    Melbourne
    West Coast.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on our roller coaster form, after the next 5 weeks we could either be flag favourites or bottom 4 and neither would surprise me.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Based on our roller coaster form, after the next 5 weeks we could either be flag favourites or bottom 4 and neither would surprise me.
    % will play a bigger role than ever this year. We will need to limit any losses, and may hay while the sun shines in our wins. To date we have either belted the oppo, or been belted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Provided we beat Gold Coast. That would leave us 7 and 5 and in not too bad a position.

I'm reasonably confident we beat the Tiges, we generally go well against them and given they will still be missing a few key players we really should get the job done. If we can also jag a win against Port or Brisbane it would a great result.
    That would be a great position us. Who would have thought at the start of the season the Bulldogs vs the Suns would be such a critical game for both sides
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Round 13 has been announced (Sir Doug Nicholls Round). There are no byes and a fairly traditional Friday-Monday schedule.

Saturday, August 22
    Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

Melbourne coming off a 7 day break, 6 for us.

Finally some day time games for us without the dew in rounds 12 and 13, so it will probably bucket down.

Post Thanks / Like

So Brisbane, Adelaide then Melbourne. After that we have to face Geelong, Eagles, Freo and the Hawks.

We are currently 5-5; I can't see us doing any better than 9-8 for the season. I don't think 9 will get us into the finals.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    So Brisbane, Adelaide then Melbourne. After that we have to face Geelong, Eagles, Freo and the Hawks.

We are currently 5-5; I can't see us doing any better than 9-8 for the season. I don't think 9 will get us into the finals.
    The location of the West Coast and Freo games could be crucial. We just can't win in WA, well since THAT game anyway.

The Brisbane game is huge for our chances.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a funny old season. 9 wins could get us in you never know. I don't think it will and I don't think we will get to 9 wins. In any case we won't be threatening for the flag. I think i've finally accepted that our 2016 performance won't ever be recaptured. Now, I just want to see us take some steps forward this season. I just want to see some promising peices of play, whether or not we win. Some cohesion to build off from next season. Getting Naughton and Hunter back would be a great start.

Post Thanks / Like

Still to play and prediction

Brisbane 50/50
    Adelaide W
    Melbourne W
    Fremantle W
    Geelong 50/50
    Hawthorn W
    West Coast Eagles L

14. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Brisbane 50/50
    Adelaide W
    Melbourne W
    Fremantle W
    Geelong 50/50
    Hawthorn W
    West Coast Eagles L
    Melbourne should indeed be a win but they always seem to bring us down to their shabby levels and knock us off. Hawthorn will pose problems too. I see us getting 3 more wins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Brisbane 50/50
    Adelaide W
    Melbourne W
    Fremantle W
    Geelong 50/50
    Hawthorn W
    West Coast Eagles L
    Good on you for having a go but predicting our form at the moment is an exercise in futility!

If we play like we did against Port we should win more than we lose. If we play like we did against Richmond we will be lucky to win a game.

If we face Freo in Perth it's 50/50 at best I reckon.