Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things you have learned Round 7 v the Bombres.

Tell us what you know now that you didn't know at 7.40 before the game against the Same Old Scumbags.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned Round 7 v the Bombres.

1. Bailey Williams keeps building and is looking like he belongs more and more as both third man up and also with his run and carry game.

2. Matt Suckling is still best 22.

3. We still need to find a solution for when English is off the ground especially in the middle
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

1. English with another 10kg could be the best all round ruckman in the Afl.
    2. Jack Macrae is an unassuming player who often goes unnoticed in the accolades but is simply AA standard.
    3. Playing the young blokes brings the team energy, enthusiasm and speed.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Who would have thought picking a genuine forward pocket and playing them in the forward pocket would have worked.

2. English is ahead of the curve in his development. He'll have poor games this year, we have to persevere.

3. We're desperate for a genuine second wingman. A rookie-lister who has never played there before isn't the answer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    1. English with another 10kg could be the best all round ruckman in the Afl.
    2. Jack Macrae is an unassuming player who often goes unnoticed in the accolades but is simply AA standard.
    3. Playing the young blokes brings the team energy, enthusiasm and speed.
    Not sure we’d want to lose his amazing ability to cover the ground.

We keep trying to compare him to other ruckman, but he’s something very hard to categorise.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

7. Likes Testekill, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Not sure we’d want to lose his amazing ability to cover the ground.

We keep trying to compare him to other ruckman, but he’s something very hard to categorise.
    He would simply be stronger, he has a good tank, I doubt he would lose any mobility.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I love to beat Essendon
    2. Tim English could be the best PLAYER in the comp one day. Or certainly the most influential.
    3. Did I say that I love to beat Essendon?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We have some good young talent coming through

2. Libba has been so good since he came back from injury

3. Macrae, takes the hard knocks and has a real appetite for the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    1. Who would have thought picking a genuine forward pocket and playing them in the forward pocket would have worked.
    Not to shoot Bambi or however that works but Weightman did some very annoying things tonight along with his moments of brilliance. Someone really needs to let him know that flying for big pack grabs doesn’t always have to be his job, and kicking sideways isn’t always a bad thing. I know he “plays tall” but maybe can he not from now on.

Sick SICK first goal though, fair play.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Not to shoot Bambi or however that works but Weightman did some very annoying things tonight along with his moments of brilliance. Someone really needs to let him know that flying for big pack grabs doesn’t always have to be his job, and kicking sideways isn’t always a bad thing. I know he “plays tall” but maybe can he not from now on.

The second goal is the one that has me excited for his presence in our forward line. The checkside from the boundary isn't something he'll conjure up each week but strong work rate, clean hands and good goal sense under pressure is exactly what he can bring every game and we'll be more potent for it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes Happy Days, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say his first game he would have been told just get out there and do your first instinct.
    I wouldn’t be critical of that part of his game, imagine the Adrenalin and excitement playing with guys like Bont.
    I’m sure he will be shown what he did right and wrong and grow from it very quickly.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The second goal is the one that has me excited for his presence in our forward line. The checkside from the boundary isn't something he'll conjure up each week but strong work rate, clean hands and good goal sense under pressure is exactly what he can bring every game and we'll be more potent for it.
    I think we need to remember that was his second effort after getting it out in the first place then running forward, that’s the work rate I recognised. If you as a back pocket drop off this kid for 2 seconds he will be off like a rocket and you won’t get near him
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Booooooo
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Booooooo
    Yo he was still *good*, just not not annoying and seemed to do a lot of the same stuff that got West punted. Maybe we should play them together?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

1. I didn't learn it....but those saying English isn't a ruckman can have a spell. And yes, next week he plays Witts (who is a monster) and he'll lose the hit outs in a big way. But we haven't had a ruckman like English, who has the potential to completely change the way we play, for a long time. How was his pick up for our first goal! The speed he has to get there and then the pick up! Marking around the ground....its been a while since we had a ruckman who does that. Extraordinary young player.

2. Wally - I'm very defensive of Wally. I can understand the view that he's too slow etc. But gee whiz, you know what you're going to get in a contest from him, and you know he will take his opportunities. A non-bulldogs supporter mate, who I rate in terms of footy opinion, text me tonight saying "I love Wallis. There's still room in the game for a bloke who's clever, controls the ball, creates space and looks like the sort of bloke who does what he's asked with a minimum of fuss like playing forward when he probably thought of himself as an inside mid". Each to their own if you agree or not - but that sums up my feeling on Wal.

3. Little things make the difference. Vandameer's spoil - and Lippa getting it one grab and kicking a long snap goal - that was the game tonight. We needed a moment to break up the game. I can't remember who kicked the ball to centre half forward, but it wasn't much of a kick - Vanda spoiled like his life depended on it, Lippa always catches clean, and the finish was superb. I was giving a standing ovation for Vanda, and we went from wasting a half of dominance, to getting the break we needed.