Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mongrel Punt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mongrel Punt

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Every article we post must have the link inserted as it acknowledges the author and publisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I agree with that.

I have decided I will subscribe.
    Didn't realise a subscription only site - yeah fair enough, we can't pinch content from small independents.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't realise a subscription only site - yeah fair enough, we can't pinch content from small independents.
    I believe you can view without subscription.

I just decided they were good enough to support.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a subscription only site. Subscribers get earlier access to articles plus some exclusive content I believe.

I have posted their articles before, sorry but wasn't aware posting the freely available articles was an issue. I guess they may generate adverting revenue from clicks so will refrain in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I've subscribed always a great write up.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Is he a pure mid? I thought he played significant time forward.
    Bit of a Mr Fix-it plays as a defensive forward, midfield and deep back as a small depends where they need him. I don't mind him as a player.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's not a subscription only site. Subscribers get earlier access to articles plus some exclusive content I believe.

I have posted their articles before, sorry but wasn't aware posting the freely available articles was an issue. I guess they may generate adverting revenue from clicks so will refrain in the future.
    Yeah, I am not sure on protocols either, but I guess if they are freely available should be ok.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I don't agree with the commentary (from ch 7 idiots) and some others that Macrae went down too easily from the Devon Smith bump. Firstly, Jack was buggered as he had run himself into the ground all night. Secondly he had no idea the bump was coming. Yeah there wasn't much in the bump but when you're buggered and you get knocked unexpectedly from the side, you're gonna lose your balance. Third, Smith is an idiot (hey he was trained to be one with the plastics. Is there a worse combination than a Giant and Bomber? Hello Sheeds) for doing the bump RIGHT in front of the umpire and judging by Jack's reaction, it was the 2nd time he had done it to him. Jack may have flailed his arms once he went to ground but that was because Smith obviously had gotten away with it the first time.

Anyway, I grew in confidence at half time once I heard Rutten speak. He was pleased with their run and carry but thought the one thing that would get them on top would be if they lifted their contested ball efforts. Not sure he realises what team he's coaching.
    Yeah, Macrae held the two fingers up. A minute later Smith is trying to justify to Macrae that he is lucky. That was funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Yeah, Macrae held the two fingers up. A minute later Smith is trying to justify to Macrae that he is lucky. That was funny.
    Yep, Jacko clearly in his head. There was the downfield incident earlier that Jack milked, then the bump that gave away the fifty.

Smith arguing with the person kind of reminded me of an entitled twit kid complaining how things aren't fair. Nice finish from him in the pocket though, I'd have him at the Dogs in a heartbeat.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Smith rotates heavily between a high forward and an midfield position. The bump was dumb, Macrae probably went down a touch easy but it's the old "if you're going to do that you live with the consequences", just ask Brian Lake.

Also with regard to posting the whole article on here, I'm not sure we should be doing that for small independent sites like the Mongrel Punt. If it was just extracts sure, and if it was something like the Herald Sun (who have been frankly disgraceful this year in so many ways) I think it'd be fine but to post an entire in depth article from an independent site denying them clicks i don't think is right, especially when it is the exact kind of content we actually want to encourage (I know people had issues with the link, but that seemed like a temporary issue).
    But you click on the address and it takes you to the article so it’s still a click to them.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    But you click on the address and it takes you to the article so it’s still a click to them.
    The article was originally posted in full over the course of maybe 4 posts. With a link admittedly, but kind of redundant when the article is all there anyway.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading about Essendon's small and weak depth midfield always takes me back to Matthew Lloyd saying that Libba wasn't worth trading for in 2017 as he wouldn't get a game in Essendon's midfield. What a bell-end.
    Last edited by Sedat; 20-07-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Reading about Essendon's small and week depth midfield always takes me back to Matthew Lloyd saying that Libba wasn't worth trading for in 2017 as he wouldn't get a game in Essendon's midfield. What a bell-end.
    May Essendon's media sycophants long continue to hype up that bunch of squibs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Reading about Essendon's small and week depth midfield always takes me back to Matthew Lloyd saying that Libba wasn't worth trading for in 2017 as he wouldn't get a game in Essendon's midfield. What a bell-end.
    That's why Lloyd is well suited to a media gig that most of us don't see.

Knowledge and understanding is not a requirement. Not even an optional extra as it would show up the rest of the incompetents.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured