Likes Likes:  82
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Richmond R9 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Dogs by 14
    1st goal Bruce
    BOG Bont

Tough spot for Richmond here with their 3rd game in 11 days going from gold coast to Sydney and back to the gold coast (also in Sydney the week before that). Vlastuin is a huge out for them.
    No excuses tonight. I was talking to a mate about the exact same thing.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond by 37 points
    Macrae BOG
    Lipinski first goal
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    We have a good record against Richmond wiinning 5 of last 6 and I am confident we can get the job done.

Big Timmy should handle Soldo and set us up.

Jack Macrae loves playing Richmond.
    I reckon Bont has Jack covered v Richmond - 11 Brownlow votes in the past 5 games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Richmond by 37 points
    Macrae BOG
    Lipinski first goal
    What?

Post Thanks / Like

That's what everyone said when I selected Carlton by 4 goals.

We win when I don't select us so I'm not selecting us.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes DOG GOD, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rich by 17 points
    Ist goal - Wallis
    Bog - macrae

We have a knack of playing key forwards back into form, so expect Lynch and Jack to kick 5 between them.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That's what everyone said when I selected Carlton by 4 goals.

We win when I don't select us so I'm not selecting us.
    huh? But carlton beat us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Rich by 17 points
    Ist goal - Wallis
    Bog - macrae

We have a knack of playing key forwards back into form, so expect Lynch and Jack to kick 5 between them.
    I have a bit more faith now with Alex Keath in charge.

The real battle to contain their forwards is winning the clearance and keeping the turnovers to a minimum.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Confident we can win the clearance battle, particularly without Nankervis to deal with. Handling the pressure in open play will be the key.

Conditions look good for tonight, but it always gets slippery in QLD at night. I wonder if we're doing any training at night to replicate the conditions. No point training in dry blazing sunshine if the game conditions are nothing like that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Confident we can win the clearance battle, particularly without Nankervis to deal with. Handling the pressure in open play will be the key.

Conditions look good for tonight, but it always gets slippery in QLD at night. I wonder if we're doing any training at night to replicate the conditions. No point training in dry blazing sunshine if the game conditions are nothing like that.
    Clearances are certainly key to this one. Richmond haven't been winning the clearances typically, even when they smashed North - they were -12 in clearances. But winning the clearances gives our defenders the opportunity to do their thing. Vs Carlton we got smashed in centre clearances early, which put our defenders on the back foot.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-five-richmond

The last five: Richmond
    A look back at the last five encounters between Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, ahead of their Round 9 match-up.

Richmond has been the yardstick of the AFL competition for the last few seasons, but the Western Bulldogs will be buoyed by a strong recent record against the reigning premiers.

The Dogs have claimed the points in five of the last six contests between the sides, stretching back to 2014.

And they saluted each time they faced the Tigers in their premiership years, 2017 and 2019.

Here’s a look at the last five encounters between the Bulldogs and the Tigers.

2019 – Round 7 (Bulldogs 99 defeated Tigers 52)

The Bulldogs were on a four-game losing streak coming into this clash last year, and put in a stunning performance to get their season back on track.

It was Aaron Naughton’s breakout game – five goals and nine contested marks – which led the Dogs to an emphatic victory.

After an even start, the Bulldogs exploded, kicking 13 goals to four after quarter time to streak to a 47-point win.

2018 – Round 23 (Tigers 98 defeated Bulldogs 95)

The finals were out of reach of the Bulldogs late in the 2018 season, but three consecutive wins leading into the final round had their fans excited about the future.

Against the highly-fancied Tigers, they nearly pulled off a massive upset at the MCG.

Led by 43 disposals from Jack Macrae and three goals from Billy Gowers, the Dogs had a chance to pinch victory in the final seconds, but Brad Lynch’s long-range snap from the boundary hit the post and Richmond prevailed by three points.

2017 – Round 7 (Bulldogs 80 defeated Tigers 75)

The Bulldogs scored a thrilling comeback win at Marvel Stadium. Early in the third quarter the Dogs trailed by 23 points, but inspired by a three-goal second half from Clay Smith, they got over the line by five points in a tight finish.

Smith ended up with four goals – an equal career high – while Jack Macrae and Luke Dahlhaus won plenty of the ball and Marcus Bontempelli snared the three Brownlow votes.

2016 – Round 16 (Bulldogs 85 defeated Tigers 75)

Another victory in tight tussle at Marvel Stadium which lifted the Bulldogs into the top four in their premiership year.

The Dogs trailed by 14 points deep into the third quarter, but finished with seven of the last 10 goals, including the last three of the match.

Jake Stringer kicked four second half majors, and the Bont was again best afield with 25 touches, two goals and eight tackles.

2015 – Round 2 (Bulldogs 85 defeated Tigers 66)

Both sides started the 2015 season with wins, and it was the Bulldogs who kept their streak alive with a comfortable win against the Tigers.

The Dogs won three of the four quarters, stretching out to a 29-point lead by three quarter time and doing enough in the last to secure the win, despite conceding seven scoring shots to two.

Tory Dickson booted four goals for the winners and, you guessed it, Bontempelli was the best player on the ground.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-watch-round-9

Four things to watch: Round 9
    The talking points ahead of our Wednesday night clash with Richmond.

1. The Milestone Men

One milestone is reason enough to celebrate. Tonight, the Bulldogs will have three.

There won’t be a banner at Metricon Stadium like usual, but the efforts of Jack Macrae (150th), Caleb Daniel (100th) and Bailey Williams (50th) certainly haven’t gone unnoticed.

Macrae and Daniel in particular, both premiership players, have been star performers for the Bulldogs for a number years.

Williams has now established himself in the side, alongside his great mate Daniel in defence, and has been a key contributor in 2020.

All three will be hoping to have an extra reason to celebrate at the final siren.

2. The Inclusions

Sam Lloyd and Toby McLean are two significant inclusions for the Bulldogs.

At their best, both have the capability to be shape the outcome of games.

Lloyd returns from a shoulder injury after two scratch matches. The Bulldogs’ 2019 leading goal-kicker will be keen to impress on return – even more so given he’s coming up against his old side.

It’s been a different 2020 for McLean, who has been influential at times but found himself in and out of the side.

The tenacious Dog will be hoping he can impact against the Tigers an reclaim a permanent position.

3. The (Richmond) Inclusions

Richmond might be missing some stars, but there’s no underestimating the reigning premiers.

The return of skipper Trent Cotchin from a hamstring is significant.

Sydney Stack, Jack Ross and Oleg Markov join Cotchin in the side this week, highlighting a deep Tigers’ list.

They might be without the likes of Dion Prestia, Bachar Houli, Shane Edwards, David Astbury and Nick Vlastuin, but a quick look at the Tigers’ 22 will tell you there’s no shortage of quality there.

And after a loss to the GWS Giants in a grand final re-match last week, these Tigers will be determined to bounce back.

4. The Big Game Player

A star was born last year against Richmond. And a new nickname – AstroNaught.

Aaron Naughton tore the Tigers apart, with five goals and 14 marks – nine of those contested. Even Jesus Christ would have struggled to stop him, according to Tigers’ coach Damien Hardwick.

There’s no Naughton this week. So who will make their mark on a huge Wednesday night stage?

Conditions have been challenging for key forwards on the Gold Coast.

But could this be the night for another Josh Bruce bag? At the other end, the Bulldogs will be desperate to keep superstar forwards Tom Lynch and Jack Riewoldt quiet.

Time will tell how this plays out… but it’s set up to be a cracker.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    huh? But carlton beat us
    Sorry I picked Norf and the Suns I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mind this
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 29-07-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post

Don't mind this
    I like Liam Baker's hair. Tough yet understated.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -