Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  106
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R10 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The Tigers did some homework and devised an effective alternate game plan to combat our A game.
    Any chance we can do the same for this game where the odds are heavily against us getting the result ? I personally would at least like to see something similar to what the Tigers did in possession at times. Work the ball by foot more slowly into our f50 and then lock it in like the Hawks did yesterday.

Am I completely crazy thinking we can achieve something like this? I would really like to see this in our arsenal. Or at the very least some ability to adapt to the situation during the game. Be interesting to see if last week was some sort of catalyst for the coaches to try something different. Hard with the short turnaround to be too dramatic of course.

Port by 25
    BOG Macrae
    FG Wallis
    I just don’t think we have the skilled players to pinpoint passes into our fwd 50, hence the bombing we have been known for. For mine, we only have 2 players I could think of that could deliver bullet like passes into fwd 50, and both of those are in defence (JJ and Daniel).

If we moved it slowly, the opposition would make our fwd line like Bunnings on a Sunday.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Press Conference

Beveridge baffled by holding the ball rule
    The Western Bulldogs remain baffled by the holding the ball rule, with coach Luke Beveridge declaring his team can't really prepare for the way it will be umpired on Monday night.

Debate around the rule has simmered for much of the season, with the AFL changing its interpretation after Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson complained that his side wasn't being rewarded for its tackles following their round four match.

Beveridge was an outspoken critic of the interpretation change at the time, criticising the league for flinching in the face of Clarkson's comments.

A decision paid against Essendon's Andrew McGrath on Friday night reignited the discussion, and Beveridge conceded on Sunday that the Dogs were in the dark about the rule heading into Monday night's meeting with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

"We can't address it because we don't know what the interpretation is going to be and we're not sure what the rule is," Beveridge said.

"We'll just play and our players will just do their best to make sure we clear the ball when we get tackled and maybe take the opportunity to really clamp down when the opposition get the footy."

Perhaps even harder to predict than the interpretation of the rule this year has been the Dogs' form, with Beveridge's side running hot and cold. The Dogs were soundly beaten by Richmond on Wednesday night and will now confront the ladder-leaders. However they will be boosted by the return of star midfielder Josh Dunkley from a syndesmosis injury.

"[He] is just a great team player. A great teammate. He does everything right in the game – he works his backside off … and he reads the game really early.

"He's strong and hard in tight, and he really gets out. Our boys have done an inconsistent job over the course of the year inside and out, but Dunks is a really consistent player who continues to apply himself. And he's a shining example within our four walls of what we're after."

Meanwhile Lachie Hunter could be closing in on a return to senior football after taking a break from the game with personal issues.

Hunter has remained in the Dogs' Queensland hub and has been joined by a loved one.

"Maddie's up now, which is great, Lachie's fiancee," Beveridge said.

"They did have plans to get married – I'm not sure how that sits in this COVID-19 world at the moment.

"He'll play in the scratch match today … so that'll be good for him. And we'll see how he comes through over the course of the next week or two and work out whether he's considered to come back into the AFL team."

In more welcome news for the Dogs, key forward Aaron Naughton could return from injury in next Saturday night's meeting with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba.

Beveridge also said the $50,000 fine issued to Collingwood over Nathan Buckley and Brenton Sanderson's coronavirus protocol breaches were a reminder of the need to remain vigilant.

"It was a positive message because we've been doing everything to the best of our ability to the letter of the protocols," Beveridge said.

"Fortunately, we weren't one of the clubs who transgressed.

"It seems like a no-brainer that you should stay within the parameters, but at times it's quite easy to revert to what your life has been prior and it doesn't seem so black and white.

"But we've had some reminders and there's no doubt all of us really checked ourselves when the sanctions came out.

"Now it's our challenge to make sure that we remain compliant and keep our heads in what we're here to do."
    Really glad to read this and that Lachie has her support.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't lost 2 weeks in a row this year (it was about 2 months between round 1 and 2)

So in saying that
    Dogs by 16
    First goal- Flea
    Bog- McLean
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Port by 8 goal 2 behinds.
    First goal : baz
    BOG : roarke smith

This will be an unpleasant start to the week in footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Port by 8 goal 2 behinds.
    First goal : baz
    BOG : roarke smith

This will be an unpleasant start to the week in footy.
    Just think of it as the end of round 9 and we get to go again very soon.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We can do this. Let's shake up the football world. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Port by 36.
    BOG Macrae.
    First goal Wallis.

Think this could get ugly.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely we can win this game let’s get to work Dogs .

Post Thanks / Like

Port by plenty.
    BOG Libba
    First goal Wallis

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very frustrated with our team and it's inconsistencies but I also think along with us frequently not being as good as we should be we are often better than we expect. As a result I think we will win two of our next three, so why not this one?

Our team defence is both good and shit, so who is to say it doesn't starve Port of opportunity and Dixon barely touches it, or maybe Dixon is their only effective forward and our forwardline somehow manages to outscore him?

We are absolutely capable of winning this one and the Brisbane game, we are also capable of losing both in the first quarter. I'm going to optimistically back us in and say we will win by 26 points, Daniel bog and Weightman first goal.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to endorse gambling but what a player Jarcus would be!

Post Thanks / Like

Like all in the same situation (those living in Melbourne) we need a boost to the morale so lets hope the boys put in a good one... Go Dogs!!

18. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm not trying to endorse gambling but what a player Jarcus would be!

Please. Jarcus ain't got nothin' on Jacksilly Trengowers.

Get around him.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Please. Jarcus ain't got nothin' on Jacksilly Trengowers.

Get around him.
    Haha. What would the market be if they were playing? Combine for 10 clangers and fewer than 15 possessions?

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can win. But on the balance of things, Port winning is more likely.

Port by 6 points.
    BOG Bont
    First Goal Bruce