Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  106
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Port Adelaide R10 2020

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    On any measure. Impossible to defend Bruce’s game tonight.
    and I am not defending him that is for sure.

He was rubbish tonight and I am beginning to wonder if we made a blunder in recruitment.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ very emotional after the game

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

He was rubbish tonight and I am beginning to wonder if we made a blunder in recruitment.
    It’s difficult to judge on a season that is just crazy by any measure. But the key stats don’t look good for him.

-11 goals in 10 games (six of those in a single game).
    -3.3 kicks per game average
    -2.2 marks per game average

Post Thanks / Like

It’s difficult to judge on a season that is just crazy by any measure. But the key stats don’t look good for him.

He was the 5th highest contested mark last year. He is over weight, can't jump anymore and out of form. I will give him one thing, he is not lazy and doesn't lack effort, gives 100% but it is not working for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo in his presser very pointedly made a reference to the JJ handball howler late in the 2nd qtr completely changing momentum of the game. I wonder if he gave JJ a big cook after the game that resulted in this outpouring of emotion.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce is a distraction.

How is it the forward line can’t kick goals? Because there is no coordination between the forwards , or between the midfield and the forwards.

So what has to change? The way the ball is kicked and where it’s kicked. Also, how often it’s kicked.

Then give each player a specific role based on their talent. For example, Dale has never been a play maker. His talent is to find space, receive the ball and kick goals from 35-45 metres. That gives 20 goals in 5 games. But we have played him in a way that might give an occasional goal.

We have only one player who can make a goal out of nothing and that’s Wallis. The rest have to be used better.

Post Thanks / Like

He kicked 6 with Schache playing next to him. He looked far more effective when naughts was out there (if anything Naughton was struggling). He was never the sole key forward at the Saints and GWS. He was always a player who worked best as a tandem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Bruce is a distraction.

How is it the forward line can’t kick goals? Because there is no coordination between the forwards , or between the midfield and the forwards.

So what has to change? The way the ball is kicked and where it’s kicked. Also, how often it’s kicked.

Then give each player a specific role based on their talent. For example, Dale has never been a play maker. His talent is to find space, receive the ball and kick goals from 35-45 metres. That gives 20 goals in 5 games. But we have played him in a way that might give an occasional goal.

We have only one player who can make a goal out of nothing and that’s Wallis. The rest have to be used better.
    Again I agree. Much as Gowers was a distraction last week. This game was lost at the selection table. The decision not to play another tall makes us one dimensional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    He kicked 6 with Schache playing next to him. He looked far more effective when naughts was out there (if anything Naughton was struggling). He was never the sole key forward at the Saints and GWS. He was always a player who worked best as a tandem.
    He took 43 contested marks in 22 games last year. Elite. He has taken 8 in 10 games this year. Something amiss. The Saints were not exactly handing it to him on a silver platter last year either.

Post Thanks / Like

Efficiency Inside 50
    Power - 18 shots from 35 inside 50s (51%)
    Bulldogs - 19 shots from 39 inside (49%)

Tackles in forward 50
    Power - 10
    Bulldogs - 15

Marks in 50
    Power - 7
    Bulldogs - 5
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Efficiency Inside 50
    Power - 18 shots from 35 inside 50s (51%)
    Bulldogs - 19 shots from 39 inside (49%)

Tackles in forward 50
    Power - 10
    Bulldogs - 15

Marks in 50
    Power - 7
    Bulldogs - 5
    39 inside 50s for 5 goals. That’s 1 goal for every 8 entries. That’s terrible.

Now I have done the maths and converted it into a form everyone can understand, it’s over to the coaches to fix the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Bruce was poor in the first 2 games in tandem with Naughton. He has had 9 average to very poor games and 1 excellent game this season - that's unacceptable output on any measure.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Bruce was poor in the first 2 games in tandem with Naughton. He has had 9 average to very poor games and 1 excellent game this season - that's unacceptable output on any measure.
    But Naughton was doing pretty well in those games when Bruce was playing. He's there to take heat off the other guy if there is no Naughton playing there should be Schache out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Bruce is a distraction.

I thought McLean was pretty good up there last night. He was drafted as a forward and has done pretty well there before the last season or two, we turned him into an inside mid after that.

Post Thanks / Like

While I feel for players who take on that blame for a loss I wonder if JJ gets back from this. Since 2016 he's had special attention from opposition players and has gone to water. From what I see we have a lot of players when the going is tough they're not mentally strong enough to challenge themselves, challenge their opponent. IMO JJ falls in that category and I wonder if he'll ever be the same.