Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  115
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Adelaide R12 2020

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    C'mon SoS, a bit more positivity is required.. We are playing some good footy at the moment and I'm confident we will win
    I can understand SoS being worried, but surely we aren't that bad.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We will belt the Crows. Fully expect a 5+ goal win, especially if it's fine, sunny day.

Despite all our problems, we're good enough to deal out some punishment to the bottom 4 sides.
    Looking at the last 2 weeks in isolation we've played the top 2 teams on their home decks and acquitted ourselves pretty well for at least 3 qtrs of the game.

There's lots of things we're frustrated about (baffling MC decisions, lack of player development, etc.), but we aren't a million miles away from beating the best teams so as long as our mindset is right we will be able to handle what is pretty much a shit team with a leg in the air.

3. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We will belt the Crows. Fully expect a 5+ goal win, especially if it's fine, sunny day.

Despite all our problems, we're good enough to deal out some punishment to the bottom 4 sides.
    Forecast is fine, sunny and 23 degrees. No excuses for us as long as we remember the sunscreen for Ed and Tim.

5. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide aren’t just battling, they’re the worst team since GWS entered the league and they don’t have the luxury of there being a few other terrible teams to potentially steal a win off.

They’ve also lost Doedee and Lynch for this week’s game.

I’m fully expecting a a confidence boosting win and anything less than 5+ goals would be a disappointment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can understand SoS being worried, but surely we aren't that bad.
    I have some concerns but it isn't all doom and gloom. We are capable of playing a lot better and just need to back Bevo to get it right this week
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Looking at the last 2 weeks in isolation we've played the top 2 teams on their home decks and acquitted ourselves pretty well for at least 3 qtrs of the game.

There's lots of things we're frustrated about (baffling MC decisions, lack of player development, etc.), but we aren't a million miles away from beating the best teams so as long as our mindset is right we will be able to handle what is pretty much a shit team with a leg in the air.
    Yeah agree with this. We should've straight up won the Port game off the back of a phenomenal performance from our midfield, and believe we would have with even a half decent effort from a tall forward. The Brisbane game had a better contribution from the forwards coupled with a putrid effort from the midfield. A flat track might help us put it all together.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes Eastdog, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A very accurate assessment. It's important that we play to our best and get back into that winning frame of mind
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    C'mon SoS, a bit more positivity is required.. We are playing some good footy at the moment and I'm confident we will win
    When the ball is bounced I will be up and about as always. It’s a coin toss.

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree 100% with regard to the Port game. Not as much for the Brisbane game - we were essentially non-conpetitive for half that game, and the last qtr improvement was junk time. I thought we were very poor in critical areas (especially at stoppages and around the ball) and looked a class below the Lions. By contrast in the Port game, we had a poor 15 minute patch and basically dominated the ladder leader for the remainder of that match but for 2-3 horrendous turnovers when Port were setting up defensively and not even looking to score.

We really should account for Adelaide comfortably. They are ok for patches in games but are consistently uncompetitive for large parts.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Dodee out for season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dodee out for season.
    Wow, that's huge. He was arguably their shining light from this year, along with Himmelberg forward.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Lynch being out helps us a bit too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If we lose this we are officially broken

Dogs by 24 points
    Macrae BOG
    Naughton FG
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to win. Cmon Dogs!

Margin: Dogs by 35 points
    First goal: Lipinski
    Best on ground: Macrae
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the last 2 weeks we were right in both games had it not been for those lapses. We really need to get that goal kicking right. Had we got it right I reckon we would have got the points in the Port match.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"