Likes Likes:  115
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Adelaide R12 2020

Dogs by 70

First Goal Cavarra

BOG Macrae - 52 disposals
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes azabob, SquirrelGrip, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a “feeling in my gut” this week. We are known to play dud forwards into champions, so I’m expecting walker, Fogarty and Himmelberg to actually put a score on the board against our depleted backline. If we kick straight we should win, but if we don’t, well then......they have to win ONE game surely.

Dogs by 3 pts
    1st goal Wallis
    Bog - macrae
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I’ve got a “feeling in my gut” this week. We are known to play dud forwards into champions, so I’m expecting walker, Fogarty and Himmelberg to actually put a score on the board against our depleted backline. If we kick straight we should win, but if we don’t, well then......they have to win ONE game surely.

Dogs by 3 pts
    1st goal Wallis
    Bog - macrae
    Yep getting anxious about it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep getting anxious about it.
    I’m the opposite. Had a bet with my Crows friend if we lose I’ll buy a Crows membership for next year. I’m expecting a decent win. Naughton be better for the run. Bruce and Naughton will rip their backs to shreds.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This game is about more than 4 points, it represents the biggest opportunity to earn critical percentage. We need to win by 100. But I am worried we will kick 2.38 form 900 forward entries and Tex (who is legitimately finished) will kick 6.

Fingers crossed we turn up and fix our forward dysfunction.

Dogs by 22
    Bog- MacRae
    First Goal-Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    This game is about more than 4 points, it represents the biggest opportunity to earn critical percentage. We need to win by 100. But I am worried we will kick 2.38 form 900 forward entries and Tex (who is legitimately finished) will kick 6.

Fingers crossed we turn up and fix our forward dysfunction.

Dogs by 22
    Bog- MacRae
    First Goal-Dale
    Will you be there tomorrow?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to smash them.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I’m the opposite. Had a bet with my Crows friend if we lose I’ll buy a Crows membership for next year. I’m expecting a decent win. Naughton be better for the run. Bruce and Naughton will rip their backs to shreds.
    I thought the same about the Carlton and St Kilda games. Now both of those teams are a fair bit advanced on the Crows but it is not lessening my anxiety.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I thought the same about the Carlton and St Kilda games. Now both of those teams are a fair bit advanced on the Crows but it is not lessening my anxiety.
    Nah, both those teams have caused us problems in the past and are miles ahead of the Crows.

We'll win this easily.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...esperate-crows

Beveridge wary of ‘desperate’ Crows
    At 5-6 and in the middle of the pack, the Bulldogs can ill-afford many slip ups if they want to feature at the business end of the year.

The Western Bulldogs are desperate to get back on the winners’ list.

They have played some good footy in patches over the past three weeks, against three of the competition’s top teams in Richmond, Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide.

But poor patches have let them down, where they have been unable to stem opposition momentum.

It makes a win against the winless Adelaide Crows pivotal in the context of the season.

At 5-6 and in the middle of the pack, the Bulldogs can ill-afford many slip ups from here if they want to feature at the business end of the year.

Senior coach Luke Beveridge is more than aware of the challenge the Adelaide Crows pose this week.

“The Crows are improving, they’ve challenged teams in recent times,” Beveridge told media this week.

“They’ve probably just let themselves down or shot themselves in the foot through some turnover here and there.

“We understand we’re playing a team that’s desperate for their first victory.

“If we’re off, we’ll be vulnerable.”

In a season where teams have had to persist and persevere in the face of different challenges, the Bulldogs have had plenty of changes to their 22.

One area that has been consistent in terms of personnel is the inside midfield group.

Beveridge is looking to the likes of skipper Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore, Josh Dunkley and young gun Bailey Smith to have a significant impact against the Crows – particularly with some important players missing in defence.

“The one line that’s remained pretty static is probably that inside midfield area,” Beveridge said.

“We need those lads to play consistently well – if they don’t, we feel it.

“Prior to that, it was probably our backend, which has been knocked around a little bit now.”
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 55.
    Wallis first goal
    Macrae BOG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is your Crow's friend going to buy a doggies membership ticket when we spank them Granty?

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 28 pts
    1st goal Naughton
    Bog - Bont

The start of our run to the finals. Go doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the team? I can't find it anywhere? Has it been announced?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Where is the team? I can't find it anywhere? Has it been announced?
    Gets named around 6ish the day prior during this footy fest period.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post