Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 10 Vs Port Adelaide 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Tim English?
    Wallis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agree with this.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Cav in replace of Lloyd. Having both Weightman and Cav might give us some needed energy when the ball hits the ground.
    Gotta say I haven't been impressed with Cav in the limited minutes I've seen. He doesn't have a great turn of speed and seems to really not enjoy the physical side of the game, which is the opposite of what our forward line needs. I can definitely understand Weightman getting picked ahead of him and don't think he presents an upgrade on Lloyd anywhere.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Wallis?
    True. And then there are the peroxide jobs from time to time - Caleb (although it's hidden), JJ, Suckling. We are starting to look like the Swedish national football team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Gotta say I haven't been impressed with Cav in the limited minutes I've seen. He doesn't have a great turn of speed and seems to really not enjoy the physical side of the game, which is the opposite of what our forward line needs. I can definitely understand Weightman getting picked ahead of him and don't think he presents an upgrade on Lloyd anywhere.
    I don't really disagree, more that I think our current set-up is a proven failure and I don't really rate Lloyd (prefer Wallis at the moment). Cav didn't look great in R1 but I'd like to get a look at him with Weightman for 2-3 weeks.**

** As part of this, I'd also like us to play Schache or Young (until Naughty returns).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I don't really disagree, more that I think our current set-up is a proven failure and I don't really rate Lloyd (prefer Wallis at the moment). Cav didn't look great in R1 but I'd like to get a look at him with Weightman for 2-3 weeks.**

** As part of this, I'd also like us to play Schache or Young (until Naughty returns).
    Lloyd is doing bugger all with the ball and isn't kicking goals and would ideally be looking at getting dropped, but he's also the only player in the forward six making a sustained and consistent effort to provide pressure on the ball leaving forward 50. Feel like dropping him now is sending a terrible message.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting that Weightman gets a chance ahead of Cavarra.
    I love Flea's energy but I'm just not sold on him being ready for AFL football yet.

McLean, Richards and Lloyd need to do something proactive, anything.
    HF is a dead zone for making the play, but someone needs to spark the F50 into action. Vandermeer is a blueprint, he's raw but by god he has a go.
    Agree on Weightman. He was a mile off in the Gold Coast game. Cavarra certainly adds ground level pace which we need and Weightman is a bit closer to Lloyd and Wallis in playing style.
    I would have probably played West before Weightman too, but I’m a big believer in him and his ability to play a role. I’d be getting games into him as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Do we see Weightman as a potential Dickson replacement?

Massive ask.

Did he show those tricks in under age footy?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Partially agree with this - I think he has speed, and is neat with the footy, but from what I've seen at Footscray games, he didn't seem to enjoy it overly physical. Williamstown in particular kinda bullied him, and from what I could see, he really went into his shell.

I'd love him to make it, we need pressure forwards 3 years ago.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd is doing bugger all with the ball and isn't kicking goals and would ideally be looking at getting dropped, but he's also the only player in the forward six making a sustained and consistent effort to provide pressure on the ball leaving forward 50. Feel like dropping him now is sending a terrible message.
    I think Lloyd is very lucky but I couldn't disagree more about the pressure. He applies absolute zilch and when the side is not going well neither is he.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Massive ask.

He's not a "replacement" in the sense he doesn't really play like any current senior player we have.
    Think an early, full-time forward Jamie Elliot for the type of player he is. Small, crafty but not a dedicated crumber really.

He does generate his own energy which is a big plus this season, moreso than any other in recent history. Fingers crossed for the kid but to the naked eye he needs a couple of pre-seasons, which is no slight on a teenager playing a man's game. It's to be expected.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I think Lloyd is very lucky but I couldn't disagree more about the pressure. He applies absolute zilch and when the side is not going well neither is he.
    Stats show him as clearly our best pressure forward. No one else is even close.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Massive ask.

Great mark for his size and has played forward a fair bit so, yeah, we drafted him as small forward who can play medium because of his marking.

Stats show him as clearly our best pressure forward. No one else is even close.
    I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
    It's a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFill View Post
    It’s certainly a better 22 than last week, but still a bit baffling. I’m dreading same structure, same game plan, same result.
    Sometimes I’d just prefer to be wrong..

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post