Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 10 Vs Port Adelaide 2020

Has Brad Lynch completely disappeared? Clearly pace is a big problem and so is our forward set up. Would be nice to see Lynch get a run for a few games to see if he can actually play - he's pretty much disappeared since the R23 game against Richmond in 2018 where he looked very dangerous inside F50.

Looks like another significant list management blunder to give him a 2 year contract, only because North offered him a 3 year deal, and not play him even once in that time.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Has Brad Lynch completely disappeared? Clearly pace is a big problem and so is our forward set up. Would be nice to see Lynch get a run for a few games to see if he can actually play - he's pretty much disappeared since the R23 game against Richmond in 2018 where he looked very dangerous inside F50.

Looks like another significant list management blunder to give him a 2 year contract, only because North offered him a 3 year deal, and not play him even once in that time.
    Who is responsible for the contracts? Is it a combination of Power, Grant, Bevo?

Look, every club makes mistakes but some of ours have been horrendous (Roberts then barely played him, Trengove then barely played him, Lynch, R Smith, JJ's $$ etc).

4. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Who is responsible for the contracts? Is it a combination of Power, Grant, Bevo?

Look, every club makes mistakes but some of ours have been horrendous (Roberts then barely played him, Trengove then barely played him, Lynch, R Smith, JJ's $$ etc).
    I think some of those calls where also made with JMAC in the hot seat.

But either way very valid points.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

5-4. Crucial game.

When we were 4-3 going into the suns game I suggested I'd be happy enough with going 3-2 through this 5 game stretch so we need to beat 2 of Power/Lions/Crows to hit that target and be 7-5 after 12 and still be in the top 8 race. Our best is certainly good enough to beat Port, so am hoping we pick a team capable of doing it.

Out: Suckling, Trengove, Gowers
    In: Hunter (hoping), R.Smith or Hayes, West.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like it. Had totally forgotten about Lynch and we are in sore need of his type.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    5-4. Crucial game.

When we were 4-3 going into the suns game I suggested I'd be happy enough with going 3-2 through this 5 game stretch so we need to beat 2 of Power/Lions/Crows to hit that target and be 7-5 after 12 and still be in the top 8 race. Our best is certainly good enough to beat Port, so am hoping we pick a team capable of doing it.

Out: Suckling, Trengove, Gowers
    In: Hunter (hoping), R.Smith or Hayes, West.
    Who do we play on Charlie Dixon? He is in Good form and a big unit./ I am not confident Keath can play the monsters as we saw last night.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who do we play on Charlie Dixon? He is in Good form and a big unit./ I am not confident Keath can play the monsters as we saw last night.
    Isn't Charlie susceptible to the temptations of a nice bottle of red? Maybe the defenders should pool their funds and send him a couple of the Barossa Valley's finest the night before the game.

I think he is going to take his share of marks. And the fact that so many chopping the arms free-kicks were 'missed' against the Saints last week means they will be 100% paid this week by the overly reactionary umpiring dept. Hoping he puts his right boot on his left foot is - alcohol poisoning aside - our best chance to restrict him.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Isn't Charlie susceptible to the temptations of a nice bottle of red? Maybe the defenders should pool their funds and send him a couple of the Barossa Valley's finest the night before the game.

I think he is going to take his share of marks. And the fact that so many chopping the arms free-kicks were 'missed' against the Saints last week means they will be 100% paid this week by the overly reactionary umpiring dept. Hoping he puts his right boot on his left foot is - alcohol poisoning aside - our best chance to restrict him.
    Fortunately the Dees will cop most of the brunt when they play them tonight.

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Reality is with the way Dixon is playing, if he gets good supply it doesn't matter who is playing on him, he will monster all comers.

Keath isn't suited to the monsters - but whether it is him or Cordy, they will need aerial support and pressure on the footy to make sure Dixon isn't getting good looks at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do players like Gowers get a go every few games but Lynch, who looked scary at the end of 2018, hasn't gotten a game since? Why didn't they play him at all last year when we were in a form slump?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarnTheScray View Post
    Why do players like Gowers get a go every few games but Lynch, who looked scary at the end of 2018, hasn't gotten a game since? Why didn't they play him at all last year when we were in a form slump?
    Probably because his form and fitness didnt warrant it, and there were others ahead of him in that role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarnTheScray View Post
    Gowers had a better overall year in 2018 than Lynch. Unfortunately Gowers has regressed significantly since then, and last night will probably be the last time he plays senior AFL. His confidence is shot at this level and we are past folding on that particular hand.

As for Lynch since 2018, how would we know if he is tracking ok or training poorly? He's literally disappeared. So how on earth did we give him a 2 year contract on the main list? Surely a 1 year contract would have sufficed or we organise a trade with North who offered him a staggering 3 year contract. That is woeful list management, and sadly not unique at our club over the years. But seeing as we have him on the list and he is currently not injured, it would be nice to see one of the very few players on our list, with genuine pace and the flexibility to be able to play forward or back, to get a run in this compressed part of the season. We have a significant and obvious problem with leg speed.

I'd be happy to see Cavarra and Greene also get a run at some point - both have natural forward craft instincts, and god knows our F50 needs some of those types.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

As a rookie upgrade was he entitled to two years?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    As a rookie upgrade was he entitled to two years?
    Yes. It should be the last year of his current contract. Don't think he's had any extensions.

And while we're on the rookie upgrades subject; Gardner would be also locked in for another season and finish up after 2021. Right?

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to report a missing person
    Brad Lynch
    I forgot his Christian name