Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  71
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 11 Vs Brisbane 2020

2 flags and consistent performances over the past 3 years?
    Yes please.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I wish we were Richmond.
    Yep. I wish we handled our success like they did.
    The curse is dead.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind Richmond supporters either. Sure they're feral but I've actually sat in their cheer squad with Bulldogs scarf and beanie on when they played Carlton a few years before winning in 2017.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yep. I wish we handled our success like they did.
    I wish we handled our success like most successful clubs.

7. Likes 1eyedog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a step too far to say I don't mind them.

9. Likes CarnTheScray, EasternWest, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a step too far to say I don't mind them.
    I'll allow it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I'll allow it.
    I think I've got cabin fever.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've got cabin fever.
    You're starting to love the enemy. Sounds more like Stockholm Syndrome
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Richmond are giving us a pretty good blueprint of how to play Andrews right now. If only we had Tom Lynch.
    You mean we should get a player who is 200cm and 100kg and put them in the forward line. Where could we possibly find someone that big?

To justify their inclusion they would have to get at least 5 possessions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    You mean we should get a player who is 200cm and 100kg and put them in the forward line. Where could we possibly find someone that big?

To justify their inclusion they would have to get at least 5 possessions.
    It's weird isn't it. Is Bevo bordering on mismanagement of our big blokes? Boyd to the ruck, signing but not playing Roberts, signing but not playing Trengove, not playing Schache, playing Lew Young in 2019 but now refusing to, after a promising preseason game forward, getting rid of our premiership ruckman and then playing Jong , Dunkley, Bont, Macrae, Cordy in the ruck? I don't get it we've cried out for one talented tall for 20 years now we either seem to play them out of position, not play them at all or let them go.

Post Thanks / Like

We kept Port to their 3rd lowest score of the season, only Brisbane and Stkilda kept them to a lower score who sit 2nd and 3rd on the ladder retrospectively. Our defence is going alright. Yeah JJ and Wood made some howlers and were well below their best but calls for them to be dropped is a bit rich. Our defense as a collective unit were holding up even against a genuine Gorilla in Dixon. Dixon only kicked 1 goal against our defense and 1 goal from a BS free kick that should've gone against him for hands in the back, so that doesn't count.

Any changes we make has to come forward of centre. Our forward line is a shambles but so are the entries. The cohesion between our mids and forward is a disaster. The forwards don't know when and where to lead and the mids don't know when or where they are leading.

Out- Weightman, Vander (rested)

In- Hunter/West, Naughton/Schache/Lew Young

In that order depending on availability.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    We kept Port to their 3rd lowest score of the season, only Brisbane and Stkilda kept them to a lower score who sit 2nd and 3rd on the ladder retrospectively. Our defence is going alright. Yeah JJ and Wood made some howlers and were well below their best but calls for them to be dropped is a bit rich. Our defense as a collective unit were holding up even against a genuine Gorilla in Dixon. Dixon only kicked 1 goal against our defense and 1 goal from a BS free kick that should've gone against him for hands in the back, so that doesn't count.

Any changes we make has to come forward of centre. Our forward line is a shambles but so are the entries. The cohesion between our mids and forward is a disaster. The forwards don't know when and where to lead and the mids don't know when or where they are leading.

Out- Weightman, Vander (rested)

In- Hunter/West, Naughton/Schache/Lew Young

In that order depending on availability.
    Great post Ratsmac, some positive thoughts. I actually think we played well against Richmond in the second half and matched them score wise, then took that momentum into the Port game. Lets continue and take it right up to Brisbane.

I like your ins/outs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's weird isn't it. Is Bevo bordering on mismanagement of our big blokes? Boyd to the ruck, signing but not playing Roberts, signing but not playing Trengove, not playing Schache, playing Lew Young in 2019 but now refusing to, after a promising preseason game forward, getting rid of our premiership ruckman and then playing Jong , Dunkley, Bont, Macrae, Cordy in the ruck? I don't get it we've cried out for one talented tall for 20 years now we either seem to play them out of position, not play them at all or let them go.
    Bevo was quite clear in his presser, that we didn't play many talls but 'will continue to pick players who can cover the ground'.

I wouldn't expect an overly different line up any time soon with respect to bigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Roarke Smith.

Played pre-season as an outside mid and looked to have found a spot. I was surprised he was overlooked in R1.

Sent to purgatory for 7 months.

Returns on a zero playing base knowing it is a career on the line type scenario and doesn't exactly light it up against the top of the ladder Power.

I vote we give him another chance. I know - he has had chances over the journey (and injuries) but can we give him a shot in the wing role he seemed to be playing OK in for a couple of games just to see if he can do it?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

20. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Bevo was quite clear in his presser, that we didn't play many talls but 'will continue to pick players who can cover the ground'.

I wouldn't expect an overly different line up any time soon with respect to bigs.
    If a big strong tall centre half back marks a kick-in on the 50 m arc and kicks it to a big strong tall centre half forward who hits Bruce on the chest with a 40 metre pass, leading to a goal, I don’t care if any of them stretch out on the grass for a 5 minute nap. They have covered the ground better than what we are doing now.