Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  51
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Adelaide 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Backline decimated - Cordy, JJ, Crozier
    Could Lynch play the JJ role (assuming he is still alive)?

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We briefly discussed him in another thread as a potential Daniel replacement but is it worth sending Richards back?

He offers the pace JJ has to our backline and the straight line running. He has struggled in his current role to both find the ball consistently and execute with his kicks. Could the extra space afforded to him in defence and the manner of which we feed the ball out of the backline help him in both those areas?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

What about Louis Butler? Doesn’t he run off half back?

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    We briefly discussed him in another thread as a potential Daniel replacement but is it worth sending Richards back?

He offers the pace JJ has to our backline and the straight line running. He has struggled in his current role to both find the ball consistently and execute with his kicks. Could the extra space afforded to him in defence and the manner of which we feed the ball out of the backline help him in both those areas?
    I'm open to Lynch coming in and taking Richards' spot on a wing and moving Richard back to cover for JJ. He's played back enough to understand our system and what his role is. Alternatively, I'm open to playing Vander on a wing and throwing Richards back and not bringing in Lynch at all (although I would like to have another good look at him).

We do lose out forward of centre with Vander playing higher but with Naughton back, Wallis in form and hopefully Hunter back as another link option we shouldn't be further stifling our ridiculously inept avenues to goal.

IMO JJ was ok last week but has stunk it up over the past month so we are really not losing a lot of drive of HB with him out to be honest.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently a small injury that had him miss half a scratch match, but the short days turn around to Brisbane game, kept him out.
    Expecting him to play this week.

This is what I have heard
    See this I don't buy, I heard Beveridge say it as well but it makes no sense to me. Lewis Young was selected as an Emergency last week! He was not injured and is not on the injury list

Post Thanks / Like

We don't really have too many one on one match ups.

Recall Gardiner replaced Crozier - a medium interceptor.
    Adelaide are unorganised and we tend to cut the unorganised teams to shreds. I'd lean towards playing an interceptor who can rebound (Le Young) or even giving Khamis a taste.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm open to Lynch coming in and taking Richards' spot on a wing and moving Richard back to cover for JJ. He's played back enough to understand our system and what his role is. Alternatively, I'm open to playing Vander on a wing and throwing Richards back and not bringing in Lynch at all (although I would like to have another good look at him).

We do lose out forward of centre with Vander playing higher but with Naughton back, Wallis in form and hopefully Hunter back as another link option we shouldn't be further stifling our ridiculously inept avenues to goal.

IMO JJ was ok last week but has stunk it up over the past month so we are really not losing a lot of drive of HB with him out to be honest.
    Isn't Hunter coming in? There's your wingman.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Why is our team so fragile? We've been injury prone for years now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    See this I don't buy, I heard Beveridge say it as well but it makes no sense to me. Lewis Young was selected as an Emergency last week! He was not injured and is not on the injury list
    Yeah, I am not happy with the lack of communication on how, outside of the 22 picked, are not being reported to us. We need a progress report on all players.

I have sent a DM to the communications manager, but I doubt he will respond.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Richards has played his best football behind the ball. If Dickson is right to go and we want to put in a natural forward, Richards moving back facilitates that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Hunter coming in? There's your wingman.
    Yeah exactly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am not happy with the lack of communication on how, outside of the 22 picked, are not being reported to us. We need a progress report on all players.

I have sent a DM to the communications manager, but I doubt he will respond.
    Let us know if you get something back.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordy our for 2 to 4 weeks with chest muscle strain-seems wierd. Hope Lewy Young gets a call up.

Post Thanks / Like

Given we normally announced debutants early we can probably rule out Khamis getting a game. Hopefully Hunter is in. Cordy and JJ probably get replaced by Butler and Trengove/Young.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo (hi if you're reading) tweeting that Hunter and Smith will play, Gardner to hold his spot and JJ and Vandermeer to miss.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -