Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  51
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Adelaide 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I was pleased with his hardness and general contest work and lots of his decisions in tight - it was a slick handball that released Lipinski for a goal - but the next step seems to be continuing to improve his ball drop and using it to advantage when going inside 50
    Richards did seem to be more involved, but a couple of kicks were just deplorable.

Running into 50 on 1 occasion, he had Bailey Dale in about 20 metres of space and proceeded to kick it well over his head to Brisbane. Also highlighted that Dale probably would have been assessed in a better light by the fans if his leads were honoured more.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Also highlighted that Dale probably would have been assessed in a better light by the fans if his leads were honoured more.
    You touch on a good point.

Our shocking kicking into forward 50 is probably why our forwards seem so chaotic/disconnected. You can only be burned so many times before you subconsciously stop leading as hard and as often as possible. Easier to just wait for the high bomb inside and hope to get it when it hits the ground.

And when it does come in fast and direct, you can understand why multiple forwards lead at the same time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Richards did seem to be more involved, but a couple of kicks were just deplorable.

Running into 50 on 1 occasion, he had Bailey Dale in about 20 metres of space and proceeded to kick it well over his head to Brisbane. Also highlighted that Dale probably would have been assessed in a better light by the fans if his leads were honoured more.
    Yeah that was a bad decision, stuck out like a sore thumb, but Ed seemingly didn't see him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd rather go a little shorter and play someone who can rebound - Lachie Young in place of Gardiner for example. He's still tall enough to intercept mark and can actually use it when he gets it. We should take the game on and not have a pure stopper back there.
    I don't disagree, just looking for a reason Gardner could remain. I would be surprised if he made, just doesn't seem to have any standout AFL quality traits, but he wasn't terrible against the Lions.

Post Thanks / Like

One from left field - given Crozier's out, could we trial Buku?

7. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It would be a great story but there might be more deserving players
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't disagree, just looking for a reason Gardner could remain. I would be surprised if he made, just doesn't seem to have any standout AFL quality traits, but he wasn't terrible against the Lions.
    He gave away a bunch of free kicks on the horribly out of form Hipwood out of natural panic when the high ball comes in.
    I hope he proves the doubters wrong but it just isn't going to be this year. His temperament at the moment is miles off.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has the Brodie Moles about him, gets nervous and vomits before a game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

He gave away a bunch of free kicks on the horribly out of form Hipwood out of natural panic when the high ball comes in.
    I hope he proves the doubters wrong but it just isn't going to be this year. His temperament at the moment is miles off.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has the Brodie Moles about him, gets nervous and vomits before a game.
    Again I don't disagree with your assessment of Gardner at all. On the frees - he gave away 3 - 1 hold on Hipwood was no way a free, another definitely was (they both resulted in goals I believe), but I can't recall the third?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Good call - I think he's right in line to debut over the next few weeks

If you analyse our match review of our scratch match then you'd be thinking

West, Sweet, Cavarra Dickson and Buku will all be under consideration

Post Thanks / Like

I say give him another week, maybe he'll start to feel he belongs and plays those moments better - he won't cost us a game vs the Crows.....if we can't beat Adelaide then we have no business being anywhere near the final 8. They have been as bad as I've seen at this level since the early years of the expansion clubs
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Personally felt that Gardner was harshly treated by the umps. How often does that sort of minor jumper holding get ignored, yet Ryan was pinged about 4 times.

Obviously, should have been more aware, but a lot of that is just incidental and does not impact the contest.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner was OK. Midfield was the issue. Agree a couple of those frees were 50/50.
    Blaming a 5th gamer when the core of your team let us down makes little sense to me. And from the reports at the ground he maybe didn't receive the support he needed from other defenders.

15. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally felt that Gardner was harshly treated by the umps. How often does that sort of minor jumper holding get ignored, yet Ryan was pinged about 4 times.

Obviously, should have been more aware, but a lot of that is just incidental and does not impact the contest.
    Cordy had a terrible year on key forwards last year. Many kicked personal bests. Dead silence. Obviously everyone was saving it up for Gardner.

Post Thanks / Like

They were all there is my opinion. It's not hard, don't pull on the jumper.

Naughton was scragged every time the ball went into tyhe forward line, but no frees as there was a pack around him. Lions stopped him from jumping many times.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Cordy had a terrible year on key forwards last year. Many kicked personal bests. Dead silence. Obviously everyone was saving it up for Gardner.
    Cordy is not big enough to hold down a true KPP but was asked many times to play tall - just didn't work.