Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  51
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Adelaide 2020

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, defensively he was ok. Gave us nothing in the air or by foot and hasn't for weeks.
    He played a lockdown role on Cameron and kept him goaless.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He played a lockdown role on Cameron and kept him goaless.
    As I said, defensively ok as he wasn't on Cameron all night, with Williams and others sliding across to take him. Completely butchered the ball a few times and misread it in the air which is a recurring issue since his game vs NM.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It would be a great story but there might be more deserving players
    Being deserving has never gotten in the way of us debuting players that are miles off being AFL ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Outs: Gardner; Bruce; Richards

Ins: Lew.Young; Schache;West/Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Being deserving has never gotten in the way of us debuting players that are miles off being AFL ready.
    True enough.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter will play this week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks azabob, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, 1eyedog, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes DOG GOD, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Hunter back, Naughton getting a game under his belt and Dunkley a couple of games we should be in for a strong performance
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Scraggers, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hunter will play this week
    Massive in. We're starting to look like a team
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

The thought of trialing a few of the new players or fringe players because we are playing Adelaide is tempting, but I honestly think for confidence we should be at full strength ... put a score on the board and see if we can kick start the season (again).

Otherwise, put the cue in the rack.
    WOOF Member 422

12. Likes Ozza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Outs: Gardner; Bruce; Richards

Ins: Lew.Young; Schache;West/Hunter
    I like your thinking but do you really believe Bevo is willing to drop Bruce even after 10 poor games and one good one against North.
    Schache was dropped after one poor game. It will not happen.
    Gardner had 3 years at Geelong without playing a senior game and has struggled in the past two seasons with the Dogs. Gowers is a similar case and yet young players like Schache and Lew Young who could well be our future are ignored.
    Hunter will be a welcome addition but it doesn’t improve our goal to goal line, where we have struggled in our past 3 defeats.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see Hunter back for him and for us.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I like your thinking but do you really believe Bevo is willing to drop Bruce even after 10 poor games and one good one against North.
    Gardner had 3 years at Geelong without playing a senior game and has struggled in the past two seasons with the Dogs. Gowers is a similar case and yet young players like Schache and Lew Young who could well be our future are ignored.
    Hunter will be a welcome addition but it doesn’t improve our goal to goal line, where we have struggled in our past 3 defeats.
    There is no correlation between the form of Bruce and Schache. The general consensus is that Schache was dropped for a lack of effort. For all the poor form of Bruce effort is the one thing I can not question. Effort is a non-negotiable, any player displaying poor effort should be dropped no matter who they are. Since he's been dropped Schache has battled concussion and a groin complaint so I'm not sure he's being ignored.

As for Lewis Young we are all puzzled as to why he hasn't had another chance since round 1.

16. Likes EasternWest, Mofra, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    No i don't believe it WILL happen, but it is what I would be leaning to. We've created a set of double standards for players within the group. Where, for instance, my three outs are getting treated differently to my suggested 3 ins.

I really like the attributes Richards and Bruce bring. But Richards couldn't hit a barn with his kicking right now, and Bruce can't get a kick. Perhaps Bruce went really dramatically downhill post Schache being dropped. The way they worked together in that game is what I'd like to see our forwards work together.

Very pleased to hear that Hunter may be back. His smarts and ability to be the outlet kick for his team mates helps the overall composure (our composure was dreadful v the lions and we couldn't get any ball control to take some pace out of the game when it was required).

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd out West in
    Gardner out La Young in

Was either Lloyd or Dale (they’re the same role IMO) out and considering they both wouldn’t recognise a contested ball or a tackle i think we bring some hunger and pressure. Would also love to see Cavarra get another crack - don’t know where he is injury wise.

Gardner wasn’t too bad last week IMO - was unsupported and unlucky w some of the frees hipwood scored. Regardless I don’t see him as a long term player and his impact isn’t going to be any greater than Le or La Young who look longer term prospects. Not sure where Le Young is on the track.

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner had 3 years at Geelong without playing a senior game and has struggled in the past two seasons with the Dogs.
    Mirroring Hamling's trajectory with the exception that Gardner was played sooner. I'm not saying Gardner is the next Hamling but everyone inside the club obviously sees SOMETHING in him. If we're going to keep playing him then let's keep playing him then.

INS: Hunter, West
    OUTS: Bailey Dale. He just doesn't look right or is bereft of confidence at the moment. IMO this is the week to rest Libba.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.