Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  51
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Adelaide 2020

Gardner stays

Cordy to miss Crows clash

Key defender Zaine Cordy has been ruled out of Sunday’s match against the Adelaide Crows due to injury.

The 23-year-old picked up a chest muscle injury at training earlier this week.

“Scans have revealed a low-grade strain for Zaine,” medical services manager, Chris Bell, said.

“At this stage, we will look to manage the injury conservatively and anticipate this will sideline Zaine for between two and four weeks.”

2. Thanks 1eyedog, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Mirroring Hamling's trajectory with the exception that Gardner was played sooner. I'm not saying Gardner is the next Hamling but everyone inside the club obviously sees SOMETHING in him. If we're going to keep playing him then let's keep playing him then.

INS: Hunter, West
    OUTS: Bailey Dale. He just doesn't look right or is bereft of confidence at the moment. IMO this is the week to rest Libba.
    You make a good point. If the MC see something in him, which they must if they keep picking him, then have the guts to back the decision and stick with him for the remainder of the year. If it costs us wins, well you live by the sword, you die by it.

Taking him in and out of the team only hampers development and leaves you in the position of not really knowing what sort of player you really have, which we've seen with Lewis Young, Josh Schache, Brad Lynch etc.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gardner to the Cordy role Lew Young to the Gardner role?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Would Cordy have taken Ten Goal Tom (Lynch)? Keath to Tex, Gardner to Himmelberg maybe we don’t need a like for like and could just bring in Hunter for Cordy. Actually we need someone for Fogarty. Young, it’s your time. (Trengove a certainty).

Post Thanks / Like

Who does Gardner play on for the Crows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Hopefully not walker
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems a good physical match up for Himmelberg. Keath to take Walker. Cordy to Fogerty.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Buku come in?

I hope it's Lewis
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming Gardner survives, Himmelberg seems the most logical matchup, but according to the coach our defenders don't have opponents so Gardner definitely wasn't playing on Hipwood last week...

Whatever happens, with Zaine out it poses another fascinating exercise in whether Lewis Young comes into consideration.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I'd play him on Fogarty, another young inexperienced player. Himmelberg is way too strong for him in the air and rightly or wrongly we seem to earmark Keath for any role that is deep. I'd bring in Lew Young and play him on Walker who roams up the ground which will suit Young's intercepting ability. Wood on Lynch although gauging by how Wood was played last week he may even go to Stengle.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Would Cordy have taken Ten Goal Tom (Lynch)? Keath to Tex, Gardner to Himmelberg maybe we don’t need a like for like and could just bring in Hunter for Cordy. Actually we need someone for Fogarty. Young, it’s your time. (Trengove a certainty).
    Who is a good matchup for Trengove at the Crows, I can't see one?

We could have gotten away with Keath and Gardner if Crozier was fit but I think one of the Youngs needs to come in.
    Keath - Tex
    Gardner - Himmelberg
    Wood & a Young - Lynch & Fogerty. Otherwise you need to get Williams to play on one of these 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Himmelberg plays deep and is a very good mark I don't like the idea of Gardner on him. Fogarty leads up the ground and, outside Lynch is the most mobile forward they have. I'd play Gardner on him. Will be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Assuming Gardner survives, Himmelberg seems the most logical matchup, but according to the coach our defenders don't have opponents so Gardner definitely wasn't playing on Hipwood last week...

Whatever happens, with Zaine out it poses another fascinating exercise in whether Lewis Young comes into consideration.
    I took Bevo saying that more as letting the journalist know he wasnt going to stand by for any targeting of Gardner in the post match presser

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is we better not lose this one or this will be me

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Himmelberg plays deep and is a very good mark I don't like the idea of Gardner on him. Fogarty leads up the ground and, outside Lynch is the most mobile forward they have. I'd play Gardner on him. Will be interesting.
    I don't hate that. Getting Gardner away from goal will hopefully get him out of those high ball situations where he's looked terribly shaky, and I think he has the athleticism and workrate to go with Fogarty. I could even live with him on Lynch.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -