Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  51
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Adelaide 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What changes for next week?
    I know this is a cop out but I have not seen an Adelaide game and know nothing about the players.

Basing a comment purely on what I have seen of our team I don’t think we have too many problems, it’s more how we use them.

Sweet must come in to help English freshen up, but l would keep English in the team. He is better playing limited minutes and while obviously not 100% he was a contributor apart from the ruck. Just have him stand 30m from goal at a 30 degree angle on right hand side . Working with Wallis I would expect 5 goals between them. And Bruce can lead other way.

We need a strong overhead mark on the back line. I would put Naughton there which means Gardner goes. Not a criticism of Gardner but we have to salvage our season.

Dale is not bothering the score board so I would try Greene, Hunter for Richards if he is available.

If Sweet can open up the centre ruck space I would expect Macrae and Bont etc to feed the forwards more centrally like Macrae did did with Wallis early last night. Sweet doesn’t have to win, just not lose as much.

Post Thanks / Like

I am mystified as to why West was dropped from the team, and even more so by the fact he hasn't been given another game.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

If English needs a rest (which it looks like he does, although 8 day break may be enough) can we just give him one? We tried the whole half baked idea of resting him while playing him against Richmond and it was crap. He didn't get a rest, he's been completely cooked ever since, and he was a waste of a selection that game.

If he is fit to play as number 1 ruck then do it, if he is fit and you want to try him as a second ruck and mainly forward do it, but don't half arse it and do the latter and treat is as a rest. That does him no favours.

I can understand playing Bont as a forward for a week to rest him, because Bont at 50% is still better than most of our options. English is not at that level, maybe none of our other players are at that level. English playing at 50% capacity is not worth picking. Just rest him and get him right for the next week.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    If English needs a rest (which it looks like he does, although 8 day break may be enough) can we just give him one? We tried the whole half baked idea of resting him while playing him against Richmond and it was crap. He didn't get a rest, he's been completely cooked ever since, and he was a waste of a selection that game.

If he is fit to play as number 1 ruck then do it, if he is fit and you want to try him as a second ruck and mainly forward do it, but don't half arse it and do the latter and treat is as a rest. That does him no favours.

I can understand playing Bont as a forward for a week to rest him, because Bont at 50% is still better than most of our options. English is not at that level, maybe none of our other players are at that level. English playing at 50% capacity is not worth picking. Just rest him and get him right for the next week.
    Against Richmond English had more possessions than half the team (about 16). Probably the same last night. His bad day is better than a good day for some of the others, especially forwards . Put him at full forward and for him that will be a rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Against Richmond English had more possessions than half the team (about 16). Probably the same last night. His bad day is better than a good day for some of the others, especially forwards . Put him at full forward and for him that will be a rest.
    Clearly possessions are not everything. He has had no impact on either occasion, and apart from a couple of decent marks (and many set shots that consistently fade to the right) he has shown nothing to indicate he would be a good full forward while resting there.

If we want to try him as a ruck/forward that's fine, I'm happy to go with that. But can we please not rest him while playing him.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

B Smith looks like he needs a spell. Judging by the game last night half of them do but Smith does not seem to have the power he had over the past weeks. He is only a second year player but i guess we don't have the reserves to replace these type of players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I am mystified as to why West was dropped from the team, and even more so by the fact he hasn't been given another game.
    Perhaps he is seen as being a little too similar to Wallis at the moment but I thought he was worth sticking with when he got dropped
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    B Smith looks like he needs a spell. Judging by the game last night half of them do but Smith does not seem to have the power he had over the past weeks. He is only a second year player but i guess we don't have the reserves to replace these type of players.
    I thought this a few weeks ago.

He seemed to be following Zorko around, or am I imaging it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this a few weeks ago.

He seemed to be following Zorko around, or am I imaging it.
    He was on the wing for a large portion with Mitch Robinson following him around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He was on the wing for a large portion with Mitch Robinson following him around.

hard to tell. Mitch played an ordinary game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

hard to tell. Mitch played an ordinary game
    Probably depends whether he was indeed tagging Smith. If he was, then he's had a good game.

Post Thanks / Like

If Hunter is right to go, I'd bring him in for Lipinski. Richards ball use has to get better, but I suspect they (being the MC) will be encouraged with how much he found the pill. He *could've* had a very damaging game.

Adelaide's forward line might not require us to play all of Keath, Cordy & Gardner (will be interesting to see if Walker plays tomorrow night) but maybe we give Ryan another week to see if build on last weekend...….now hear me out. If he didn't hold and give away a couple of frees, was he that far away from a passable game as a key defender? It was his 5th game.

I can see why they want to invest in him, has long reach and competes.

Need to find out if Cavarra can play this forward pocket we're in desperate need for or not.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    If Hunter is right to go, I'd bring him in for Lipinski. Richards ball use has to get better, but I suspect they (being the MC) will be encouraged with how much he found the pill. He *could've* had a very damaging game.

Adelaide's forward line might not require us to play all of Keath, Cordy & Gardner (will be interesting to see if Walker plays tomorrow night) but maybe we give Ryan another week to see if build on last weekend...….now hear me out. If he didn't hold and give away a couple of frees, was he that far away from a passable game as a key defender? It was his 5th game.

I can see why they want to invest in him, has long reach and competes.

Need to find out if Cavarra can play this forward pocket we're in desperate need for or not.
    The Crows do have a bit of height in their forward line - Walker, Himmelberg, Fogarty and Lynch last game. Only Himmelberg is particularly tall but the others have strength. Gardner a possible matchup for Himmelberg if he plays again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Richards ball use has to get better, but I suspect they (being the MC) will be encouraged with how much he found the pill. He *could've* had a very damaging game.
    I was pleased with his hardness and general contest work and lots of his decisions in tight - it was a slick handball that released Lipinski for a goal - but the next step seems to be continuing to improve his ball drop and using it to advantage when going inside 50

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The Crows do have a bit of height in their forward line - Walker, Himmelberg, Fogarty and Lynch last game. Only Himmelberg is particularly tall but the others have strength. Gardner a possible matchup for Himmelberg if he plays again.
    I'd rather go a little shorter and play someone who can rebound - Lachie Young in place of Gardiner for example. He's still tall enough to intercept mark and can actually use it when he gets it. We should take the game on and not have a pure stopper back there.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers