Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things you have learned-round 8 v the Suns

OK tell us what you have learned.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 8 v the Suns

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. There you go. We just became a side that can win ugly rather than polar opposite results. An important step forward for a young, inexperienced group.

2. Alex Keath vs Hayden Crozier. Who's better? Worthy of a thread of its own.

3. Vandermeer has other things but he has poise and calm in high pressure situations. A worthy finals trait.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes Mofra, GetDimmaBack, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Cheap trades for defenders can be very, very lucrative.

2. The fact we can win ugly with a handful of players who were "carried" tonight is a massive bonus

3. Vandermeer believes he's a best 22 player, and plays like it. Has some real mongrel too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes westbulldog, Dry Rot, GetDimmaBack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are capable of winning ugly.

2. For all the talk by supposed experts of our defense not being great, they shut out their full forward and kept players like Rankine from taking easy shots. The only Suns forward that won his position was Sexton and he's a bloody good player who doesn't get talked about enough.

3. Keath has to be All Australian this year.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Keath came to us as an intercept defender... which seemed superfluous to our structure... he's now managed to turn in some very top shelf performances as a lock down.

2. Vandermeer.. he's got some kinks to iron out.. but there's some real gold to be mined.

3. English lost the hitouts convincingly (about 3 and a half to 1 ratio)..yet still had the same hit outs to advantage than Witts... Not a game winning performance, but starting to gap the distance between his worst and his best.....and his best we know is very good. Him lifting the floor on his lesser performances will help us big time going forward.

9. Likes Testekill, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vandemeer reminds me of a very young Johnno.
    Weightman was running around in circles but is learning, probably get rested for Lloyd.
    Bruce did a lot of bullocking tonight, he is a hard player.
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. Keath came to us as an intercept defender... which seemed superfluous to our structure... he's now managed to turn in some very top shelf performances as a lock down.

2. Vandermeer.. he's got some kinks to iron out.. but there's some real gold to be mined.

3. English lost the hitouts convincingly (about 3 and a half to 1 ratio)..yet still had the same hit outs to advantage than Witts... Not a game winning performance, but starting to gap the distance between his worst and his best.....and his best we know is very good. Him lifting the floor on his lesser performances will help us big time going forward.
    English has mentioned he struggles against other taller ruckmen and it showed early but I thought he did well in adapting his approach later in the game despite the conditions not suiting him.

Post Thanks / Like

Keath. Unbelievable pick up. Has some great qualities
    Vandermeer has a lot to work with. He could be quite a player
    Bruce wasn't having a good night but still made a difference.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Williams increasingly shows poise and skill in his game.
    2. Vandermeer will be a player, I keep saying that.
    3. Bruce is unsuited to a game in the wet, didn't get a kick, didn't take a mark and didn't trouble the scoreboard.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Keathy. Say no more. AA.

2. Libba might be our best user by foot.

3. Williams has improved dramatically.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Libba’s importance can’t be overstated. This was his kind of night.

2. I like the chemistry in our backline. They work so hard for each other.

3. Williams has really become an important player. It’s always so good to see a player whose career might go either way finally play to his ability.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

1) We've done very well to get to 5-3 with minimal contributions from Dunkley and Hunter, plus a below-standard season from Bont who has laboured. Add in Naughton's injury, and I would not have been predicting this at the (almost) halfway mark of the season.

2) Keath and Crozier have been amazing trade-ins. Unbelievable games from both of them tonight.

3) I am going to be frustrated by the inconsistent holding the ball decisions, and lack of holding the man, for the rest of the year. It is infuriating watching Bont and Macrae collect the ball one-handed at stoppages because the other arm is being held.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can win a close game again

2. Playing too many young inexperienced players all at once is not good for my in game anxiety. It could of cost us tonight. I understand we need to spread the load this season but we must be careful not to spread it too far.

3. Libba's just might be the best inside mid in the game right now (trying not to use my rwb glasses). And it's not the first time he has held that title
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

19. Likes Ozza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I WISH I could learn...how to post photos on Woof. I attempted to post a humorous photo of myself wearing a Bulldogs mask. It appeared sideways and I had to hastily delete it, thinking who am I to ever criticise players when I can’t get this basic fundamental right.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic