Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  80
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In praise of Jackson Macrae

Congratulations Jacko. Whilst I think the “most underrated player” tag is well and truly buried - people that know footy know how good he is - you still don’t get the credit you deserve

Post Thanks / Like

His kicking is a real weapon now, the improvement in the past 2 years is incredible but rarely mentioned. No more loopy passes
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    His kicking is a real weapon now, the improvement in the past 2 years is incredible but rarely mentioned. No more loopy passes
    His kicking inside 50 is great. He hooked one around his body to Hannan so well yesterday that I don't think Hannan was expecting it was for him and dropped it.

Post Thanks / Like

This one was a beauty:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Torpedo, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This one was a beauty:

Jackson sweated on that like one of the seagulls, seeming to know Bont would win it.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah stuff like that is why this game was never really a contest. Any time North got around the 20 point mark we’d try for one continued piece of play and invariably score a goal without any trouble. This one, Dale’s goals, Weightman’s 4th goal; we made it look really easy when we felt like it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah stuff like that is why this game was never really a contest. Any time North got around the 20 point mark we’d try for one continued piece of play and invariably score a goal without any trouble. This one, Dale’s goals, Weightman’s 4th goal; we made it look really easy when we felt like it.
    Yeah I always thought we had control of this game. We were in 2nd gear most of the night until they got within 4 goals and we'd flick the switch. I'm not sure if this was intended though. Very difficult and dangerous to coach players to win as easily as possible. But you do wonder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah I always thought we had control of this game. We were in 2nd gear most of the night until they got within 4 goals and we'd flick the switch. I'm not sure if this was intended though. Very difficult and dangerous to coach players to win as easily as possible. But you do wonder.
    It's not something the coaches would admit, nor would the players, but I'm pretty suss on how much uncontested ball we allowed them. A bit of frontal pressure and a zone that was working as it was the week prior wouldn't have allowed them that much of it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's not something the coaches would admit, nor would the players, but I'm pretty suss on how much uncontested ball we allowed them. A bit of frontal pressure and a zone that was working as it was the week prior wouldn't have allowed them that much of it.
    Our pressure rating was below average and it did look like we were in self preservation mode at times. Understandable after a big 3 week block of games, but you'd hope we're back to our best against Sydney.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Our pressure rating was below average and it did look like we were in self preservation mode at times. Understandable after a big 3 week block of games, but you'd hope we're back to our best against Sydney.
    Going to have to be back to our best this week if we are the get the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Bontempelli on Macrae: He’s been incredible

Ball-magnet Jack Macrae has set a new league record for the longest streak of consecutive games with 30 or more disposals.

Macrae collected 31 touches in Sunday’s win over North Melbourne to make it 15 straight games of at least 30 possessions, overtaking previous leader and Hawk Tom Mitchell with 14 games in 2018.

Remarkably, he has registered more than 35 disposals on eight occasions this year, and scalps of 40-plus in rounds two, six and ten.

Bulldogs’ captain Marcus Bontempelli praised the 26-year-old for his efforts.

“(Jack) reckons he didn’t know he was close to the record or a chance to get it, but there was a free kick and he took the advantage, so we reckon he might’ve had the counter going,” Bontempelli joked on RSN 927 radio on Tuesday morning

“In the locker room (post-match) everyone said to him ‘we’re not buying that Jacko’.

“He’s been an incredible contributor for this football team, from really day dot but particularly over the last few years. I feel like he probably has gotten that recognition more and more…his strengths are so good that it does make it difficult for teams to try and (repel) that because he works so bloody hard.

“He’s been enormous for us this season and previous seasons. He definitely gets the recognition internally.”

Macrae has seven games left of the 2021 home-and-away season to try and extend his streak, with the ladder-leading Bulldogs’ next challenge facing the sixth-placed Swans on Sunday afternoon.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Jacko.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes Twodogs, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I love Jacko.
    Stupid sexy Jacko.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Jack's a star. I mean maybe the 30 each work does matter to him more than his defensive work but you have to admit he works bloody hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I was counting his possessions over the game. He was at 15 half way through third and then just launched a spree from there. I think the ball he kicked from a free kick to can’t remember who in the goal square was his 30th