Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  80
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: In praise of Jackson Macrae

We all know what he can't do as a footballer but I doubt enough of us give him the full credit for what he can do.
    He works hard every game and is rarely beaten.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just another day in the office for Jackson tonight. Just gets the job done every single week. So consistent.

37 touches
    14 contested
    8 marks
    449m gained
    9 clearances
    4 centre clearances
    10 score involements

4. Likes whythelongface, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was Jacko at his best. He was superb in the middle tonight. He know longer has to be the main accumulator, yet still manages to get his hands on the ball 37 times. The clearance number stands out.

6. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I love most about Jack is how he turns up each year with a new trick to his bow. He obviously worked on his goalkicking over last summer to the extent that he's become a fairly reliable one goal a game player. His goal against North in the third quarter when Libba flicked it out to him sucked all the energy out of them
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

He didn’t kick it, but I like he was confident enough when he had a bit of time in the F50 to take a shot on the run on Friday. Don’t see that much from Jacko.

He’s had a sensational year and is going to end his career one of our greatest players for his consistency. He’s like a modern day West for consistency, minus all the B&F awards, and a more damaging player in space and by foot. Love him.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see Jacko win at least one best and Fairest before he's done and to be honest I am more than surprised he hasn't won one yet. Won't get a better chance than this year with Bont below his normal output. Love Jack Mac.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Would love to see Jacko win at least one best and Fairest before he's done and to be honest I am more than surprised he hasn't won one yet. Won't get a better chance than this year with Bont below his normal output. Love Jack Mac.
    He lost by a vote to Hunter in 19? Unlucky. If he can stay fit might be his year.

Edit 2018.

Charles Sutton Medal: Top 10

Lachie Hunter – 191 votes
    Jack Macrae – 190 votes
    Marcus Bontempelli – 154 votes
    Aaron Naughton – 120 votes
    Josh Dunkley – 110 votes
    Caleb Daniel – 110 votes
    Jason Johannisen – 109 votes
    Hayden Crozier - 98 votes
    Toby McLean – 91 votes
    Bailey Williams – 86 votes

Post Thanks / Like

What a man. Did he play against his bro v Woods?
    What an athlete!
    What a Bulldog!

Post Thanks / Like

Touched on a little in the training thread...but let's have a serious discussion about Jack Macrae in 2024.

A recent hamstring injury will obviously have hampered his preparation, but I had been hoping he would be one of our real standout performers this pre season. I thought he would be hungry to reclaim his spot in the midfield. While there have been no reports of him presenting poorly to pre season, there also haven't been the glowing reports I was hoping for.

Will the new coaching regime help Jacko win back his spot as a 50%+ centre bounce mid? Or is he destined to run out the final years of his career (contracted til end 2027!!) as an ineffective half forward?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Touched on a little in the training thread...but let's have a serious discussion about Jack Macrae in 2024.

A recent hamstring injury will obviously have hampered his preparation, but I had been hoping he would be one of our real standout performers this pre season. I thought he would be hungry to reclaim his spot in the midfield. While there have been no reports of him presenting poorly to pre season, there also haven't been the glowing reports I was hoping for.

Will the new coaching regime help Jacko win back his spot as a 50%+ centre bounce mid? Or is he destined to run out the final years of his career (contracted til end 2027!!) as an ineffective half forward?
    Great discussion point JD.

3 x AA I'm a massive fan. He's such a consistent performer without having the massive peaks of some other players.
    I see he and Libba almost fighting for a spot. If that's the case Jacko loses out.
    The game has moved on a bit and it's a real worry for the linear accumulation types.
    Wines is a good example he's basically gone from Brownlow to almost SANFL.

He's guts or VFL for mine.

I'd have him as part of the rotation initially in the guts / hff however unless he can grab that he's destined for the seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Great discussion point JD.

3 x AA I'm a massive fan. He's such a consistent performer without having the massive peaks of some other players.
    I see he and Libba almost fighting for a spot. If that's the case Jacko loses out.
    The game has moved on a bit and it's a real worry for the linear accumulation types.
    Wines is a good example he's basically gone from Brownlow to almost SANFL.

He's guts or VFL for mine.

I'd have him as part of the rotation initially in the guts / hff however unless he can grab that he's destined for the seconds.
    If that's the case, then the question becomes - what do we do with his contract? Another premiership legend shunted for nothing?

I really want the old Macrae back....but also I think he contributed a lot to allowing run ons against us out of the middle, so maybe I DONT actually want the old Macrae back.

I'm torn.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno.

First choice mids:
    - Bont, Libba, Ads

Second choice mids:
    - Jack, Sanders, Harmes?

I think Jack has a lot of good footy left in him. From a mix perspective though he's prob not in the centre bounces all the time. May start on the bench a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If that's the case, then the question becomes - what do we do with his contract? Another premiership legend shunted for nothing?

I really want the old Macrae back....but also I think he contributed a lot to allowing run ons against us out of the middle, so maybe I DONT actually want the old Macrae back.

I'm torn.
    He's VC too.

Crikey, it's a bloody good question.

He's become a bit of a conundrum.

Why did we sign him up for so long? Would there have been other suitors?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I dunno.

First choice mids:
    - Bont, Libba, Ads

Second choice mids:
    - Jack, Sanders, Harmes?

I think Jack has a lot of good footy left in him. From a mix perspective though he's prob not in the centre bounces all the time. May start on the bench a bit.
    Can we afford that to happen MM?

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately for Macrae I think his place in the team is dependent on if we want to rotate heavily through the centre bounce or stick with same 3-4 players all year.
    Holistically I think we need to return to a lot more players taking turns through the midfield.
    More of an In Bruges guy?