Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Bailey Williams- 50 Games

Since we've talked about Macrae and Daniel reaching their milestones, Bailey Williams will play his 50th game tomorrow if selected. Can't see why he wouldn't be because he's been in damn fine form as part of our defensive unit.

So let's the celebrate the young man finally coming into his own after a poor last few years

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations Bailey Williams- 50 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Since we've talked about Macrae and Daniel reaching their milestones, Bailey Williams will play his 50th game tomorrow if selected. Can't see why he wouldn't be because he's been in damn fine form as part of our defensive unit.

So let's the celebrate the young man finally coming into his own after a poor last few years
    Nice pick up, I wonder if we have ever had a 50, 100 and 150 games type milestones on the same round before?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He's had a strong rebound year after a really poor 2019.

IIRC he actually finished 2018 pretty strongly in the midfield, but it seems clear now his best position is off half back.

Post Thanks / Like

He's been in career best form and compliments our rebounding game-style really well.

Well done Bailey
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bailey Williams.

Been in great form this year in that back line.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's had a strong rebound year after a really poor 2019.

IIRC he actually finished 2018 pretty strongly in the midfield, but it seems clear now his best position is off half back.
    Even if you allow for shorter quarters this year he's got roughly the same average of possessions this year compared to his 2019 performances.
    I think part of the problem for him in 2019 was that he trained with the midfielders but was moved back and the MC were pretty savage on him. He played round 1, 5 and 10 before getting a better run with it in the 2nd half of the season but ultimetly not being selected from round 18 onwards when I think he was injured.
    He actually tackled more in 2019 as well

I'm not sure why people think he has improved a lot this year because his averages are very similar.
    What he has had this year is continuity. Last year he was the whipping boy this year there is just a lot more faith in him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Even if you allow for shorter quarters this year he's got roughly the same average of possessions this year compared to his 2019 performances.
    I think part of the problem for him in 2019 was that he trained with the midfielders but was moved back and the MC were pretty savage on him. He played round 1, 5 and 10 before getting a better run with it in the 2nd half of the season but ultimetly not being selected from round 18 onwards when I think he was injured.

I'm not sure why people think he has improved a lot this year because his averages are very similar.
    What he has had this year is continuity. Last year he was the whipping boy this year there is just a lot more faith in him
    I think its a fair assessment that whilst his numbers may not have changed, his effectiveness, decision making and reliability have improved markedly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I think its a fair assessment that whilst his numbers may not have changed, his effectiveness, decision making and reliability have improved markedly.
    For sure, he's improved in a few areas but not necessarily on the stats sheet

He's had to contend in a backline with two similar sized players and I think he was squeezed out a bit last year
    This year it's been working better

Hopefully he will get to the 100 game mark a bit quicker

Post Thanks / Like

Just looks like the penny's dropped and he's made it. Has been very good this year.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Just looks like the penny's dropped and he's made it. Has been very good this year.
    Agree, he has worked out he needs to train hard, and play with effort and intensity. He has been very consistent this year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody good footballer.

We are very fortunate that he signed a 2-year deal late last year I thought he was gone, to be honest.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me he has dramatically improved his 1%, keeping his feet in the contest, or spoiling the opposition forward etc. No idea if the stats back it up.

Perfect example was against the suns in they dying stages where he kept his feet (under extreme pressure) and kept the ball moving forward to the wing.

Prior to this year he wouldn've gone to ground.

Well done Bailey, hopefully remains at the club for a long time to come.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes Testekill, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's his moments for mine. He has performed very well under pressure a number of times and he's making good decisions when taking the game on. Has also be very solid in the air as required. Certainly repaying that faith.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Love him! Ever since his first side step in his first match he has oozed composure and elite agility with ball in hand. Thoughts form has yoyo'd hopefully he is heading for pro lounged consistency. Easily one if our most important players thus year on form
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

For sure, he's improved in a few areas but not necessarily on the stats sheet

He's had to contend in a backline with two similar sized players and I think he was squeezed out a bit last year
    This year it's been working better

Hopefully he will get to the 100 game mark a bit quicker
    Have you taken the twenty per cent discount for reduced game time into account for the similar averages?

On face value he seems to be more involved more often.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.