Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things you have learned Round 9 v the Tiges.

The season is starting to whiz by. Tell us three things that you learned tonight as we versed Richmond.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned Round 9 v the Tiges.

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1, 2 and 3: this year, when we are bad, we are woeful

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont looks like he'll never get to the level he is capable of again. Hip issue seems to never stay away for long enough and it's hampered his movement. I am very concerned. He will still perform at a high level, but we might have been robbed of seeing absolute greatness over a long period.

2. Bevo doesn't have enough cards up his sleeve. RFC pulled our system to bits, stretching it left and right, holding onto the ball and keeping it out of danger when they went forward. We were never in it.

3. Our best is sensational. On our day, we are capable of winning a flag. But we won't have enough of "our days" to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Half a Richmond side put us to the sword. If that doesn't tell you our list is broken I don't know what will.

2. Need to make hard calls on our list. Too many slow similar types. I have no confidence that we'll make these hard calls.

3. English will learn a lot from the past two weeks. Opposition putting work into him and he needs to work through it and get on his bike to get dangerous again

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I prefer Trengove at FB than in the ruck

2. Some players need a rest, or need to be dropped - Richards for one. Some of his efforts were pathetic.

3. I learnt, I am at a loss who comes in next week, as we don't have any experience that is not injured
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Less than a week is a long time in football.
    2. That as a forward mid with 84% game time that achieving negative ranking points was even possible. The net effect of this being that we fielded 17 to their 19.
    3. That Trengove didn’t put his best foot forward for his ongoing omission from selection.

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The game plan is rubbish.

2. There is no game plan.

3. Pretty confident in 2. But if handball as much as possible is the plan I will go with 1. Three times.

Post Thanks / Like

1. If we can scrape into the 8 itll be anyone season and we genuinely have a shot
    2. I don't understand the process we go through to select our sides most weeks
    3. In a season where % was always going to matter more than other years, our lack of game day coaching has never been more apparent
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our coaching team had no answers to stop the rot, not for the first time.
    2. Jack Macrae must be so pissed off having to carry 3/4 of the team
    3. Bont looks injured and needs a rest.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Vandermeer must continue to be played for as many games as he can be this year
    His pace and spirit typify what we need in our playing list
    2) Our 3 milestone boys tonight all played well and deserved a better performance from their team mates
    3) We need to make some bold decisions before next weeks game against Port
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    1. Our coaching team had no answers to stop the rot, not for the first time.
    I don't agree with this. We changed things up at half time and both teams kicked 26 points.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't agree with this. We changed things up at half time and both teams kicked 26 points.
    Damage done in the 1st half.

2nd half

3rd it was us 1.2 to them 1.6

4th it was us 3.0 to them 2.2

So 2nd half much more even on the scoreboard but the game is 4 quarters which we did not play.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When you're 7 goals down at half time in a shortened game, the 2nd half is virtually junk time.

Our best and worst are poles apart, and Bevo has not come close (yet) to cracking that code.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    2. Bevo doesn't have enough cards up his sleeve. RFC pulled our system to bits, stretching it left and right, holding onto the ball and keeping it out of danger when they went forward. We were never in it.
    He can be a great coach, but too often it feels like when it isn't going our way we are hanging in the game by sheer luck. When the opposition get on top we are terrible at limiting the damage (Croziers insane second quarter last week excepted). I'm fine with him taking trying new things after breaks, although I do think our plan b's are more like plan a's with an asterix which is usually some variation of "we need to lift our intensity nd be a bit more direct", but when things aren't going our way and we need to adjust particularly early in games we just get blown to bits. The late second quarter today is a good example of where we needed to hang in there and failed to change anything to do so and paid for it, likewise late in the third.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right