Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment; Rnd 9, 2020 vs Richmond

Agree with all of the above. The blatant push in the back by Riewolt or Cordy for their first goal was an omen for me. There were countless moments when we were just totally outplayed though.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Felt Wallis’ miss in the 1st was pivotal - Martin goals 20 seconds later and makes it 14 points when it should’ve been 3.

Early moment, but it was a glimpse of what Dusty was going to get up to.
    It was the ease of ball movement following that miss, where the Tigers just took it wide down the wings, running in waves and left us in their wake. They then proceeded to do that for the rest of the night.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Libbas miss was the moment that ended the game for us.

Yeah we all knew Billy was going to miss that goal for Wally but the game was over in any case by then. But Billy taking that kick is just another moment of dumb football from us. Unless there’s some rule that I’m not privy to that says a certain player must take the kick why in the hell would it be Billy to take it?

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post

Yeah we all knew Billy was going to miss that goal for Wally but the game was over in any case by then. But Billy taking that kick is just another moment of dumb football from us. Unless there’s some rule that I’m not privy to that says a certain player must take the kick why in the hell would it be Billy to take it?
    It's a good question re a rule. I just read the entire section and there is nothing about who takes a kick. I can only assume its either the closest player ala out on the full or the previous disposer in this case it was Gowers from memory.

It's all in rule 23. My issue is whether it was an active bleed. He shouldve been able to get a trainer to quickly clean it then take his shot but its up to the umpire to assess if its active.

There is a reference to rule 19.6 if a player can't take a kick (usually after the siren re blood rule they refer to this).

6. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a good question re a rule. I just read the entire section and there is nothing about who takes a kick. I can only assume its either the closest player ala out on the full or the previous disposer in this case it was Gowers from memory.

It's all in rule 23. My issue is whether it was an active bleed. He shouldve been able to get a trainer to quickly clean it then take his shot but its up to the umpire to assess if its active.

There is a reference to rule 19.6 if a player can't take a kick (usually after the siren re blood rule they refer to this).

Ah so it’s closest player? So the one time Billy gets near the ball it happened to be the worst time for him to be near it!

I think Mitch had to get the cut stitched up so it must have been a decent cut

8. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He should have feigned a hammy and left it for one of our good kicks. Such as....??? Depressingly, Wally is the only guy I trust with goal kicking at the moment.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

10. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He should have feigned a hammy and left it for one of our good kicks. Such as....??? Depressingly, Wally is the only guy I trust with goal kicking at the moment.
    Ha you know I actually sat there for a whole minute trying to think of an alternative and you're right. Sadly, there isn't another player who you could pick to take that shot and have confidence they'd kick a goal. And this is a fairly regulation goal - 20m out directly in front. What's Barry Hall doing these days? What a sad state of affairs it is in our forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha you know I actually sat there for a whole minute trying to think of an alternative and you're right. Sadly, there isn't another player who you could pick to take that shot and have confidence they'd kick a goal. And this is a fairly regulation goal - 20m out directly in front. What's Barry Hall doing these days? What a sad state of affairs it is in our forward line.
    Who you gonna call ? JJ for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Who you gonna call ? JJ for me.

This year, yes, thankfully, though those great running goals haven't happened since..god knows when.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    His sets shots are awful. I can't remember the score when Bont missed that one but I believe it would have put us in striking range.

Gowers missing Wallis' shown on goal as well hurt. My exact words "Why the ^#^@ is he taking the kick?" Wife tells me to stop swearing.....
    That was my question at the time too - not because he frustrates me more than any other player - but because he was the one that kicked it to wallis. I didn't think you could choose who takes the shot, I thought it was the player closest when the mark is taken.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    That was my question at the time too - not because he frustrates me more than any other player - but because he was the one that kicked it to wallis. I didn't think you could choose who takes the shot, I thought it was the player closest when the mark is taken.
    Remember last year Gowers had a similar shot with 1 minute to go v the Suns to level the scores and he missed and we lost by 5 points.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.