Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's up with The Bont?

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Watched the replay.

Took ages to get up after one contest late in the game. Grabbing at his hip at the front frequently. Went to ground a few times, real desperate footy which is a credit to him, but also an adjustment he is making because the power/balance just isn't there for him to compete how he wants.

It's a real worry. Even if his form is picking up.
    Such a Champ, tried his guts out to get us over the line. 30 Disposals is pretty good and if he does have a niggle, 30 is remarkable.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes SonofScray, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Such a Champ, tried his guts out to get us over the line. 30 Disposals is pretty good and if he does have a niggle, 30 is remarkable.
    His ball use was much better too. Macrae and Bont were immense, but after them we fell away dramatically, particularly in the midfield.

4. Likes Bulldog Revolution, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His last couple of weeks have been much better. Sadly just hasn't had much help.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, even hampered he is still superb. I am not intending to knock the Bont at all, rather highlight a worry about him playing hurt and credit him with his form under what I believe is significant duress.

It's more than a niggle I reckon. He had that surgery in 2017 I think? Has had a few stretches where it's looked like the hip has been problematic.

Just really want to see him moving freely, playing at his best for a long time. He is a generational talent.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bont has had an ordinary (by his standards) season but he has been excellent in the last couple of weeks. I hope that consistent output can continue for the remainder of the season.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t for a second think he’s not the best I’ve seen since Grant, previously Hawkins. My concern is this season he is blending in as another workhorse type midfielder rather than that game changer, “the difference” he has been in the past (see PA game last season and many others I can’t remember). I do think the opposition are putting more time into him this season so it’s maybe part that, the hip and an irrational conclusion based on nothing in particular, and my fine fellow woofers will say I’ve got nothing to worry about!
    Starting to look better last couple of weeks.

10. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I highlighted earlier in the thread about how via the player tracking info on the AFL website, that his kilometres are way up there. And how in previous seasons, he was seldom in the top players on the ground for KM's covered - inferring that perhaps the workrate both ways was hurting his ability to be really impactful and making him the more 'workhorse' midfielder that GrantysGhost suggests.

Not sure if there is anything to it - but against Brisbane he covered 0.9km more than any player from either team. V Port he wasn't in the top 5 (probably owing to being kept out of the game deep forward for the entire 3rd quarter where we lost the game), and against Richmond only Richards out-ran him from a Bulldogs perspective.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I highlighted earlier in the thread about how via the player tracking info on the AFL website, that his kilometres are way up there. And how in previous seasons, he was seldom in the top players on the ground for KM's covered - inferring that perhaps the workrate both ways was hurting his ability to be really impactful and making him the more 'workhorse' midfielder that GrantysGhost suggests.

Not sure if there is anything to it - but against Brisbane he covered 0.9km more than any player from either team. V Port he wasn't in the top 5 (probably owing to being kept out of the game deep forward for the entire 3rd quarter where we lost the game), and against Richmond only Richards out-ran him from a Bulldogs perspective.
    Where do you find the player tracking info? Or do you need a live pass to access?

He also lead our TOG at 95%, which is ridiculous for a mid. I know he spent a fair bit of time forward in the second but still. I would like to see us look after him a bit more. Perhaps a bit more bench time so he can bring a bit more burst energy to the contest. You don't plough a field with a Ferrari.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Where do you find the player tracking info? Or do you need a live pass to access?

He also lead our TOG at 95%, which is ridiculous for a mid. I know he spent a fair bit of time forward in the second but still. I would like to see us look after him a bit more. Perhaps a bit more bench time so he can bring a bit more burst energy to the contest. You don't plough a field with a Ferrari.
    Is it metres gained? see here

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it metres gained? see here
    No not metres gained, Ozza is talking about how far they cover in a game, eg 15kms, I can't see that info.

Metres gained is how far forward a player moves the ball, be it by hand, foot or carried.

Post Thanks / Like

No not metres gained, Ozza is talking about how far they cover in a game, eg 15kms, I can't see that info.

Metres gained is how far forward a player moves the ball, be it by hand, foot or carried.
    OK, cheers

I see Williams is our best at metres gaines and currently sitting 11th in AFL

Post Thanks / Like

Yes its via the AFL app. I didn't realise that it doesn't come up if you don't have the live pass. But yes it is metres the individual runs in a game and there are other stats such as the number of sprints and repeat sprints, as well as recording who has sprinted the fastest during the game.

V Brisbane Bont covered 13.4kms, and the next best in the game was McLuggage (12.5kms).
    Lipinski always covers ground for us and was at 11.9kms.

13.4kms is a very high figure in the shortened games. Tom Scully has always been one of the big runners and he is sitting between 12-12.5kms most games.

Post Thanks / Like

If your mobile is with Telstra you have access to AFL live pass and extra data that Ozza refers to.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Might be carrying a niggle or two
    Still fairly decent though , although he’s no mere mortal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If your mobile is with Telstra you have access to AFL live pass and extra data that Ozza refers to.
    Thanks but not with Telstra.