Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I NEVER say this but we were poorly coached/prepared vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Does he have a rocket style bake in his arsenal ? I always comment to my wife when we are losing he has a constant look of perplexity on his face. A cross between angry and confused, willing an answer from the magnets or the stats.
    You can read a lot into a person's expression and most of it will be wrong. I think the comments in the presser were telling - he's not happy with how the team is playing, which suggests that they are not playing the way or gameplan he wants.

That said a team that has passengers in it is rarely going to do anything other than submit to what the opposition want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This is the biggest issue right now. The common theme in all of our losses is the incredible ease of transitional ball use by the other sides, and it falls at failure of the mids and particularly the forwards to defend.

Lloyd was easily our best defensive forward on the field last night, which cannot be the state of affairs. Part of the reason the continued Gowers selection is so frustrating is that he is a putrid defensive chaser and arm tackler, which is really inexcusable when considering how little offensive output he provides. If we are going to persist with Wallis (yes) and Bruce (no) then we need some more speed and willingness in the forward line. Naughton will help when he's ready, and now that I've said all that West simply has to come in.
    I think Lloyd is struggling and question whether we should persist with him given his age etc. Whilst he may have done a great defensive job that's not really what he is there for is it?

I agree West should come in. To me he offers a good blend of attack and defense - as least as effective as Lloyd currently is. on Gowers what disappoints me most about him is the lack of effective defensive acts. I can handle his offensive output can vary, but no contributing on the defensive side is a no no in modern football.

Re Bruce - he needs a Naughts or a Schache next to him. Its too easy to close him down otherwise. I agree Schache was putrid v Carlton, but he should have been given a chance for redemption. Contrast Schache's treatment v Gowers - that's what I find frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think Lloyd is struggling and question whether we should persist with him given his age etc. Whilst he may have done a great defensive job that's not really what he is there for is it?

I agree West should come in. To me he offers a good blend of attack and defense - as least as effective as Lloyd currently is. on Gowers what disappoints me most about him is the lack of effective defensive acts. I can handle his offensive output can vary, but no contributing on the defensive side is a no no in modern football.

Re Bruce - he needs a Naughts or a Schache next to him. Its too easy to close him down otherwise. I agree Schache was putrid v Carlton, but he should have been given a chance for redemption. Contrast Schache's treatment v Gowers - that's what I find frustrating.
    Was very much a backhanded compliment to Lloyd and a forehanded smack to the rest of the forwards. None of them are working hard enough defensively.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -