Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Bevo burning out?

We are likely to drop the next two with a line in the sand game against the Crows. Drop that and it's going to get ugly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We are likely to drop the next two with a line in the sand game against the Crows. Drop that and it's going to get ugly.
    Oh god. Don't even go there. If that eventuates, yeah all hell will break loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    We all remember the first half of last year and we were asking the same questions. 2nd half of the year we were scary good with a young side. I feel Bevo is going for all in type of game style and knows we have the players that can stand up, but can we sustain it is the question. My biggest concern is when a team works us out early and makes us play the way we don't want to can Bevo change it up .. Port and Brisbane will be a true indicator of this.
    Very true points, we have eroded the buffer we had built and the next 2 games will play a large part in determining if we can be contenders this year or not

Hopefully our best football is still in front of us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Very true points, we have eroded the buffer we had built and the next 2 games will play a large part in determining if we can be contenders this year or not

Hopefully our best football is still in front of us
    I still think it could be. I was very encouraged that after a stinker against the Tiges, they came out with hunger and were fierce and desperate. I was even more encouraged that after blowing our lead and everything going wrong in the third quarter, we still played with belief in the last quarter. There were games over the past couple of years when we’d have allowed a 10 goal thrashing.

Not a lot has gone right. We’ve had little continuity and a key link man Hunter missing as well as our most exciting key position player and a hard nut Dunkley who was in good form. It’s a real shame we didn’t pull it off last night as it would have done a lot for self belief which is often a fragile thing in BulldogLand but isn’t it strange to think that even with a diabolical forward line we outplayed the flag favourites on their own turf and were 3 or 4 skill errors away from beating them .
    Last edited by GVGjr; 04-08-2020 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I still think it could be. I was very encouraged that after a stinker against the Tiges, they came out with hunger and were fierce and desperate. I was even more encouraged that after blowing our lead and everything going wrong in the third quarter, we still played with belief in the last quarter. There were games over the past couple of years when we’d have allowed a 10 goal thrashing.

Not a lot has gone right. We’ve had little continuity and a key link man Hunter missing as well as our most exciting key position player and a hard nut Dunkley who was in good form. It’s a real shame we didn’t pull it off last night as it would have done a lot for self belief which is often a fragile thing in BulldogLand but isn’t it strange to think that even with a diabolical forward line we outplayed the flag favourites on their own turf and were 3 or 4 skill errors away from beating them .
    We shouldn't be too disheartened with our performance last night. I thought Bevo did well from the coaches box last night and watch other teams copy that blueprint when they play Port over the next few weeks. We were beaten by a good team on their home ground and as you have pointed a few things didn't go our way especially our composure and skill execution cost us. I remain optimistic that we can still get something positive out of the season.

Bevo desperately needs to get the selections sorted out though. The changes aren't making a positive impact although Dunkley )Of course) was pretty good. Weightman and R.Smith though didn't perform

If we can build on our performance against Port and tweak a few things we might give Brisbane a run for their money
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"