Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors; Rnd 10, 2020 vs Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Re: B Smith.

First time in his career he would be experiencing duress at this level. Concussion probably sapped some confidence from him.
    To me a concussion isn’t something that’d sap confidence from Bailey. I honestly think he’s just buggered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I think you're doing Caleb Daniel a disservice there.
    Yeah I can see that. I’m just not there on him yet. He’s next in line though. For me he can be shut out of games and become a non factor and his kicks can sometimes be too short/airy. That’s usually when he’s got no options in front of him I’m sure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Re: B Smith.

First time in his career he would be experiencing duress at this level. Concussion probably sapped some confidence from him.
    Yep, it might take him a while to get over it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yep, it might take him a while to get over it
    If concussion is the reason Smith has turned into a panic merchant, aren't we doing him a disservice by playing him until he's right to go?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If concussion is the reason Smith has turned into a panic merchant, aren't we doing him a disservice by playing him until he's right to go?
    Yes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve mentioned it before but Smith’s handball technique is busted, and last night the majority of his bad errors came by hand. It’s something we need to fix asap.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Bailey Williams - feel pretty confident when he's in a contest that he will win it or halve it, and I like that he KICKS the ball.
    Bont - Couldn't agree more with what Sedat has said. Having him forward for an entire quarter may have cost us the match. Was otherwise excellent and was really brutal in some contests, particularly in the last quarter.
    Wallis - played with a real ferocity. When he cracked it for being sent off for the blood rule, my read of that was not that he just wanted to kick a goal - it was that he is trying to do whatever he can to win the game, and wants the responsibility, and knows he can kick it. Thankfully Lloyd and McLean kicked truly on the two occasions Wallis would have otherwise been shooting for goal.

Anchors:

Woody - had a shocker, looked really unsure of himself. He and JJ cost us goals...i'm not even going to include JJ in my anchors, becuase his are so obvious, but are mistakes out of trying to make plays, and up until the first blunder he'd been playing really well. But Wood really looked all at sea, which was worrying.

B.Smith - have to be hard on him because he's just so talented. In the second half of last year he got into a bad habit of referring pressure with half-metre handballs to stationery/under the pump team mates. Its emerging in his game again.

J.Bruce - as far as the inside 50 stuff....I certainly am understanding that it was congested and very difficult to play there. His effort was ok. But what drove me crazy was the amount of times he spoiled one of his team mates who were in a good position to mark. I don't exactly love the image of him crashing into the back of Bont onthe half forward flank at a squillion miles an hour.

8. Likes The bulldog tragician, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    J.Bruce - as far as the inside 50 stuff....I certainly am understanding that it was congested and very difficult to play there. His effort was ok. But what drove me crazy was the amount of times he spoiled one of his team mates who were in a good position to mark. I don't exactly love the image of him crashing into the back of Bont onthe half forward flank at a squillion miles an hour.
    And he wasn't even really trying to mark after half time. Every contest he was in, he was more positioned to spoil and I remember that one you're referring to. Bont had his hands on it and Bruce literally swiped it away. Bizarre game from Bruce.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers - Libba and Wally , great to see the two playing well
    - Managed to not get blown away when it looked like it
    - tackling and pressure was great for most of the game
    Anchors - Josh Bruce should take heed of their spearhead and lose some kilos and show the same intensity
    - the overuse of handball usually resulting in either a rushed kick or the receiver being caught with the ball
    - JJ’s mistakes , hate to say it , but it cost us