Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do we do about our forward Llne

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Was he even available? Had a concussion the week after he was dropped, and I don't recall him being mentioned in the scratch match.

I suspect without the concussion he would have been in the frame for selection the week earlier.
    I don't believe he was available
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Was he even available? Had a concussion the week after he was dropped, and I don't recall him being mentioned in the scratch match.

I suspect without the concussion he would have been in the frame for selection the week earlier.
    Sorry the comment was a general one for the season, not last week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton is the key. With Naughton back there is uncertainty in the backline about both him and Bruce. I think we'll look like a vastly different team going forward with both playing.

I think we'll see him this week.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will, and Naughton will be rusty as hell and hardly get near it. Hopefully that means Bruce gets a chance at the odd one on one contest. If that means Wallis gets the odd one on one contest, even better as he seems to never get beaten.

Greene might get his chance too. 4 goals in a scratch match, playing a position of need for us, has to come into calculations.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Based on what I saw on Monday I really think Naughton's return will make everything click. Every other part of the game was kind of humming, including our forward 50 pressure which was my big concern previously. We just need to make better contests with the ball in the air and maybe even catch one or two of those rubbish high balls coming in and the next step should be profit.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes GVGjr, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Based on what I saw on Monday I really think Naughton's return will make everything click. Every other part of the game was kind of humming, including our forward 50 pressure which was my big concern previously. We just need to make better contests with the ball in the air and maybe even catch one or two of those rubbish high balls coming in and the next step should be profit.
    Im with you there. I want to see Hunter back in so we're playing our 100% strength midfield (Bont, Hunter, Macrae, Smith, Libs, Dunks), I don't ever want to see Bont rotated forward again.

If Greene is kicking 4 in a scratch match than 100% bring him in, I'd be rotating Weightman out for that inclusion, I'd probably drop Llyod for Naughton if fit as well. Roarke can go out for Hunter, as bad as that feels, I want us to win games, not pander to players.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Im with you there. I want to see Hunter back in so we're playing our 100% strength midfield (Bont, Hunter, Macrae, Smith, Libs, Dunks), I don't ever want to see Bont rotated forward again.

If Greene is kicking 4 in a scratch match than 100% bring him in, I'd be rotating Weightman out for that inclusion, I'd probably drop Llyod for Naughton if fit as well. Roarke can go out for Hunter, as bad as that feels, I want us to win games, not pander to players.
    I can't see an issue with Bont spending some time forward. He can't run all day in the middle, especially in this compacted schedule. If it helps get him through the season (and he does seem to be playing under some duress) then it's a smart move in my book. Obviously it is situation dependent though - we don't want him sitting forward for a quarter whilst we are smashed in the middle.

Lloyd played well on Monday in a tough game for our forwards. He couldn't possibly be dropped after that performance.

10. Likes Mofra, bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Lloyd played well on Monday in a tough game for our forwards. He couldn't possibly be dropped after that performance.
    I thought is was one of Lloyd's best game for awhile, including the last few games from 2019. I was starting to worry about him, but I think we need him in the forward line as he is one of only a few genuine forwards we have.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC, DOG GOD liked this post