Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  167
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Festival of Footy (Round 13-18)

I know we all hate the Crows, but man, they’ve been out there doing the lord’s work the last few weeks.

2. Likes DOG GOD, bornadog, Sedat, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I know we all hate the Crows, but man, they’ve been out there doing the lord’s work the last few weeks.
    Agree - thank you Crows (gulp).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Have to be impressed with Freo, Longmuir looks like a calm and measured coach. They look well drilled, going to to a big challenge next week since they have been in Cairns for a few weeks already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Freo are a good side with a forward mix that will really stretch us. Longmuir has done a fantastic job clearing out the malaise that RTB let set in.
    On Twitter last night Essington supporters were telling each other that they should make Longmuir an offer to get him across to coach them. It's great that they have noticed that he's a good coach but on what planet do they think he is going to leave Freo to run the shitshow at their idiot club? They are stuck with Rutten for better or worse. The time to speak up about it was this time last year, not now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Likes azabob, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    On Twitter last night Essington supporters were telling each other that they should make Longmuir an offer to get him across to coach them. It's great that they have noticed that he's a good coach but on what planet do they think he is going to leave Freo to run the shitshow at their idiot club? They are stuck with Rutten for better or worse. The time to speak up about it was this time last year, not now.
    Essendon will be fine when they get rid of that pantomime of a serious person John Worsfold. Man that guy is the Rahul Dravid of the AFL, just a wall of defencive strokes that are impenetrable.

Also, with 1ED's best mate Blake at the club as well they will definitely take strides next year. If they have a full compliment of players they'll play finals, I have little doubt in that. They may even win one.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

But we are Essendon and all our problems can be solved with a cheque, can't they?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Gold Coast, you can do it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Come on Gold Coast, you can do it.
    Yep, I feel this rooting opportunity has been lost in the other opportunities we had.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    But we are Essendon and all our problems can be solved with a cheque, can't they?
    The quickest way is the only way. Bugger patience or doing things properly. Half arsed is best.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The quickest way is the only way. Bugger patience or doing things properly. Half arsed is best.
    100% agree with this.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

13. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not hard to empathise with the Suns because they're in this up the eyeballs but will lose it because of forward inefficiency mixed in with the occasional WTF moment.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to here the score review fellow come over the speaker with "Why are you wasting my time on a score review when it a push in the back to Harbrow..."?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I would love to here the score review fellow come over the speaker with "Why are you wasting my time on a score review when it a push in the back to Harbrow..."?
    Said same to hubby. Appalling umpiring. Thought HTB non calls went to a new level of ridiculousness. Only watched about half the game in fits and spurts. Slippery conditions make footy hard to watch. If GF I’d like this what a dreadful spectacle that will be (unless we win it of course!!).

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Ryan is starting to realise he's just about the most talented player on every ground he steps on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Take our top six picked and pop them in the untouchable basket.

Take anyone else and I'd drive them to the airport if we could get Liam Ryan. Dead set.

He's everything we sorely lack, turned up to eleven.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

West Coast not enjoying the Hub
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.