Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  167
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Festival of Footy (Round 13-18)

Surely the coaches could have Simpson on Flanders
    Oh dear god the crows are unleashing someone called Butts

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely pathetic coverage tonight.

BT declaring how the locals would be impressed by the "big, bright lights" of the footy as if they were a bunch of neanderthals time travelled to Cazaly's.

BT spending most of the first half accompanying any shot of the crowd with cries of "look at them, they're just so overawed and excitable" like they are some curiosity at the local zoo.

Bruce excruciatingly creaming himself when Eddie Betts was even in frame.

Woeful banter from all involved.

A bizarre half time interview with Daniel Gorringe (repeated from the pre-match coverage in case people wanted to see it twice) who was there because he played for both clubs and joked about it being the Gorringe cup. Which is fine, but surely it's a bit tone deaf to o that in indigenous round, and imagine having Jack Martin, indigenous player, gun player, who has played for both clubs, and has yet to play against Gold Coast, and is having a career best season, and saying "nah we will go with the guy that keeps making the same joke on twitter about how shit he is, he'll be much better. Make sure he gets a joke in there about how Sonia said the wrong name when announcing the Big Brother winner. That'd be a hoot".

Embarrassing play by play commentary, when they could be bothered, which generally favoured excitedly yelling the same word over and over, going over the top when McKay kicks a point, and misidentifying players, particularly the indigenous ones.

And finally, a bizarre minute where they ignored general play to talk about Irving Mosquito being named for Essendon and the astonishing revelation that the "world mosquito day" was yesterday, just two days before his debut. Incredible.

I know footy is the least of our problems in this regard, but media in this country is f*cked.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Thanks jeemak, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, Happy Days, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Pretty powerful display by the Blues - they should have won by at least 12 goals on balance of play. They are building into the season and are a big chance for finals with their favourable draw.
    They're an interesting prospect the Blues. Was thinking about their progress today and wondering how much improvement they have in them this year, but more so beyond.

Teague's an interesting story. I've known him by a bit less than six degrees separation over the years and he has been through the wringer with some personal issues with family and close friends etc. and he's pretty grounded - albeit very straight laced, but he is seriously modern in the way he looks at the game. He's also gone out in public every day of his life after winning a B&F with people probably going to tell him he's the worst B&F winner of all time at the Carlton footy club.

Guess what I'm saying is, he's made of really strong stuff.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree jeemak , he looks a good coach
    Blues are on the rise , sadly
    Martin would have been a nice step up from Dale and Lloyd .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Absolutely pathetic coverage tonight.

BT declaring how the locals would be impressed by the "big, bright lights" of the footy as if they were a bunch of neanderthals time travelled to Cazaly's.

BT spending most of the first half accompanying any shot of the crowd with cries of "look at them, they're just so overawed and excitable" like they are some curiosity at the local zoo.

Bruce excruciatingly creaming himself when Eddie Betts was even in frame.

Woeful banter from all involved.

A bizarre half time interview with Daniel Gorringe (repeated from the pre-match coverage in case people wanted to see it twice) who was there because he played for both clubs and joked about it being the Gorringe cup. Which is fine, but surely it's a bit tone deaf to o that in indigenous round, and imagine having Jack Martin, indigenous player, gun player, who has played for both clubs, and has yet to play against Gold Coast, and is having a career best season, and saying "nah we will go with the guy that keeps making the same joke on twitter about how shit he is, he'll be much better. Make sure he gets a joke in there about how Sonia said the wrong name when announcing the Big Brother winner. That'd be a hoot".

Embarrassing play by play commentary, when they could be bothered, which generally favoured excitedly yelling the same word over and over, going over the top when McKay kicks a point, and misidentifying players, particularly the indigenous ones.

And finally, a bizarre minute where they ignored general play to talk about Irving Mosquito being named for Essendon and the astonishing revelation that the "world mosquito day" was yesterday, just two days before his debut. Incredible.

I know footy is the least of our problems in this regard, but media in this country is f*cked.
    Thanks for doing my work for me mate.

The patronising nature of the "look at them, they don't know which way to look" comment sent me into a bit of a spiral if I'm honest, I couldn't address what you did.

7. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please put Stewie Dew into some sort of program. He's dying in front of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is anybody surprised that Ch 7 made an embarrassing hash of their coverage tonight? They are an abomination every single game that they broadcast.

Give me Dwayne Pipe and his annoying mannerisms for all eternity if Ch 7 can forever lose the footy broadcast rights.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Why is anybody surprised that Ch 7 made an embarrassing hash of their coverage tonight? They are an abomination every single game that they broadcast.

Give me Dwayne Pipe and his annoying mannerisms for all eternity if Ch 7 can forever lose the footy broadcast rights.
    Can it be some other type of pipe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Can it be some other type of pipe?
    Pipe shits me but I cannot stomach every single aspect of the way Ch 7 broadcast the game. They sicken me.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Pipe shits me but I cannot stomach every single aspect of the way Ch 7 broadcast the game. They sicken me.
    Yep, I'd take a hash, ice, DMT......whatever over the Dwayne Pipe, but you're right, he's actually wriggled his way into the least worst of the options somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce said Betts had to kick a goal tonight. What because he’s indigenous and it’s indigenous round?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Bruce said Betts had to kick a goal tonight. What because he’s indigenous and it’s indigenous round?
    Yes. In his mind, yes.

Recognition is one thing, but commercially viable recognition is another. As long as the black fellas* kick a few goals tonight, tomorrow and the next day everything's fine in the land of Ch7 and everyone else.

*I appreciate that as commentary might be offencive to members of this forum and other viewers. It wasn't intended to be. If you want me to remove the post I will do so, please message me.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a nightmare last night
    Pipe and Bruce commentated together

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yes. In his mind, yes.

Recognition is one thing, but commercially viable recognition is another. As long as the black fellas* kick a few goals tonight, tomorrow and the next day everything's fine in the land of Ch7 and everyone else.

*I appreciate that as commentary might be offencive to members of this forum and other viewers. It wasn't intended to be. If you want me to remove the post I will do so, please message me.
    It’s just another example of how prevalent non-hateful racism is among whites in the western world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    How can it be they play Monday and then first up tonight? Stupid
    5 games in 20 days.
    Carlton has played 4 in 22 with a minimum 6 day break between each.
    I understand that scheduling this season is a nightmare, but Gold Coast are taking schedule losses at the moment. They may not have won against Richmond or Carlton, but there was no chance they would given the circumstances.