Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  149
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Melbourne R13 2020

Margin:
    First goal:
    Best on ground:
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R13 2020

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

This is a big game for us. Huge in the context of finals but also a great litmus test. To date, we are a middle of the road team who look like we will sit just out of the finals when the season ends. Melbourne are also in the middle pack but will probably just make the finals. It's a great opportunity to right the ship for us. However win or lose I'm looking forward to simply seeing where we are at. Was the adelaide game a sign of things to come or was it simply us beating up on an incredibly poor team? Come saturday evening we'll know for sure where this team sits.

4. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    This is a big game for us. Huge in the context of finals but also a great litmus test. To date, we are a middle of the road team who look like we will sit just out of the finals when the season ends. Melbourne are also in the middle pack but will probably just make the finals. It's a great opportunity to right the ship for us. However win or lose I'm looking forward to simply seeing where we are at. Was the adelaide game a sign of things to come or was it simply us beating up on an incredibly poor team? Come saturday evening we'll know for sure where this team sits.
    Bang on, a season defining game
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Win this and we may make finals, but lose and the chance is gone.

The addition of Dunks, Naughton and Hunter over the last 3 games certainly makes us more dangerous.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

The addition of Dunks, Naughton and Hunter over the last 3 games certainly makes us more dangerous.
    Bevo thinks we can only afford to lose one more game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This game won't make our season, but it can certainly break it.

I was 100% confident we'd waltz it in against Adelaide, I have 0% confidence this week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Kill the rich Dogs.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Won’t be an easy game but I’m hopeful that our big win yesterday will give us confidence going into this game. We must take our chances when they are there and be strong defensively. If we apply the pressure for 4 quarters then I think we are a chance. No lapses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

Be great when JJ gets back and Crozier as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

I was 100% confident we'd waltz it in against Adelaide, I have 0% confidence this week.
    We have had close games with Melbourne over the past 5 years. It's probably a 60/40 game in their favour but we are not without a chance. We are a waaaaaay better side with Naughton and Hunter playing. Along with Daniel these two are arguably the most important players for us in terms of structure.

If we can get JJ and Vander back this week we are a big show.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Melbourne weren't really rated as contenders at the start of the season and we were yet they've played pretty well and we have been patchy. If we can stop Petracca influence on the game we should be in a good position to win it

We need a fast start. I think we have a great chance of winning this
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Melbourne weren't really rated as contenders at the start of the season and we were yet they've played pretty well and we have been patchy. If we can stop Petracca influence on the game we should be in a good position to win it

If there is one side that melts under the pressure of expectation, it's Melbourne and their recent wins have come against poor and/or injury ravaged sides.

We should beat them, I'm just not confident we will. Like every win in 2020, it'll require another huge game from our top 10.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can bring the midfield heat we are a massive show in this. They're not a confident side and really turn to over handball when under pressure. Oliver is case in point. He's had time to carry and kick in the last few games, when he's pressured he coughs up handballs. I think we match up well against them and expect a low scoring close game that we will edge. Ruck is crucial. I'm in the Trengove rather than Sweet camp against Gawn.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like Oliver tagged but it won't happen.

Happy for Trengove to come in if required with clear instructions to bash into Gawn at every opportunity. Get reported if you have to.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.