Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  149
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R13 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Well yes but would Lyon have said it if Melbourne was 20 up and wasting time
    "Smart play here from the Dees, eating up the clock..."
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Thanks Topdog, hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we playing Easton Wood on the opposition's dangerous small forward? Looked like he got Pickett today and blanketed him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes for a pleasant trip back home to Brissie when we win.

Post Thanks / Like

Benny....Benny....Benny. Seriously though how good are Bont and Wally. So professional and composed. I’m on the cheer squad for Wally for Vice Captain role.

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I agree with him... it’s farcical that players can use 30sec when they’re no chance of kicking the goal.
    Disagree to a point. Yes, if a player is 80 metres out it is time wasting. However, if a player is 60 mts out do we leave it up to the umpire to decide that player X is incapable of pulling a 65mt barrel out of his arse? That's a very difficult position to put an umpire in.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful team effort dogs. Public holiday for Monday. No homework for any kids in the western suburbs.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Makes for a pleasant trip back home to Brissie when we win.
    Enjoy every km, were you the only Woofer there today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Benny....Benny....Benny. Seriously though how good are Bont and Wally. So professional and composed. I’m on the cheer squad for Wally for Vice Captain role.
    Benny and the Jets!

Post Thanks / Like

That was super enjoyable, I thought we were in trouble at half time. We played so much smarter, ball movement was a lot better even though that last kick often lets us down. Though Bont and Wally won it for us, there was some great footy from Bailey Williams and Vander that changed the energy up. Thought the maligned JJ was important and that Wood, whose early form is a worry, had a good game. And for the first time, saw at least something in Gardner - ok, some mistakes as you'd expect from a guy who's played so little, but his confidence grew.

I love beating the cocky and over-rated Dees!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Likes Eastdog, Max469, Topdog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    And here is what we look like against a half decent side. I was a little surprised with the midweek optimism. All the commentary in this thread mimics that of games against a side that has somewhat a clue on what they are doing. This is what we look like against half decent opposition. Adelaide are pathetic. This is the real bulldogs. Just not up to it I’m afraid.
    So were we up to it or are Melbourne now a pathetic side?

FWIW I thought we were excellent at times, solid when we needed to be, and a little lucky that our opponents decided they'd out Bulldogs us in terms of converting.

Plenty to work with, and with a bit of continuity in who's playing each week I think we can build on that performance. However, I'm not jumping out of my skin and think if we have a slight drop in intensity from one week to the next we'll get beaten up as we're still a bit shaky in different areas of the ground.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are similar to the Bulldogs in a lot of ways, but just worse overall. They're like Wario to our Mario.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Thanks 1eyedog, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    That was super enjoyable, I thought we were in trouble at half time. We played so much smarter, ball movement was a lot better even though that last kick often lets us down. Though Bont and Wally won it for us, there was some great footy from Bailey Williams and Vander that changed the energy up. Thought the maligned JJ was important and that Wood, whose early form is a worry, had a good game. And for the first time, saw at least something in Gardner - ok, some mistakes as you'd expect from a guy who's played so little, but his confidence grew.

I love beating the cocky and over-rated Dees!
    Great summary Trag.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

When we have that collective desire and application, 2016 is more than a memory, it lives in the club.

21. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So were we up to it or are Melbourne now a pathetic side?

FWIW I thought we were excellent at times, solid when we needed to be, and a little lucky that our opponents decided they'd out Bulldogs us in terms of converting.

Plenty to work with, and with a bit of continuity in who's playing each week I think we can build on that performance. However, I'm not jumping out of my skin and think if we have a slight drop in intensity from one week to the next we'll get beaten up as we're still a bit shaky in different areas of the ground.
    Well I’ll start with the positive. The passage of scoring play in this game went against the grain of all our games this season. We, for once, were able to put this game away with 15 minutes of dominance. That’s a good sign that we were able to score freely. Usually we’re dominating possession and inside 50s for no result only for it to turn the other way for 10 minutes and the games gone.

The negative was our last quarter. Right from the start we looked to be going into defence only which was too early. Fortunately for us if there is one side worse than us at butchering The ball and making poor decisions, it’s Melbourne. They dominated us in the last bit just stuffed up countless times that we got away with a severe lack of intensity. We might have lifted if it got close but I was disappointed with that last quarter.

On the whole we got a deserved win. Small improvements but still a lot to work on. I think we’ve got the right tools we just need to sharpen up (no pun intended) sooner rather than later.

23. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to back up last weeks performance. We were very solid all game today. The 2nd quarter we did very well absorbing the pressure from the Demons despite those 2 goals in the end of the 2nd which is when we all thought this will be hard.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

25. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post