Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things you have learned - RD 10 v Brisbane 2020

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    1. The MC should be at Centrelink on Monday applying for Job SEEKER, we have royally screwed premiership windows since 2016.
    2. Bevo's / coaching staff are running out of credits, we are not being coached to play accountable football.
    3. Macrae is an out and out champion.
    Could not agree more on all three points.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Game winning styles change from season to season and from month to month, but we are still in 2016
    2. The top 5 sides have all transitioned to a two ruckman line up - we have not
    3. Lewis Young needs to be traded is he's not going to get played. What we are doing to him is borderline cruelty.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The decision two years ago to have almost no rucks on the list aside from English and Sweet was monumental stupidity
    2. Our inability to keep our feet has reached disgraceful proportions
    3. Our marmo eligible players are inconsistent - they produce good moments but then moments later they are producing some shocking contests - sloppy one handed efforts, going to ground or picking out the opposition

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    1. The decision two years ago to have almost no rucks on the list aside from English and Sweet was monumental stupidity
    Two years ago we thought we had Tom Boyd
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I'm upset.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvUyjWkOgY
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    1. The AFL has officially removed the dropping the ball rule - they just didn’t tell us
    Ummm - There is no such rule and there never has been.

You can be HOLDING the ball. You can dispose of it incorrectly. But you cannot be penalised for 'dropping' the ball...if it is jarred free in a tackle, it is either Holding the ball or play on.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Easton Wood is desperately out of form. Having him able to affect a contest and support other back as a 3rd up makes a huge difference, though very hard to do when you’re following Charlie Cameron around
    Isn't this just how he has played for nearly 4 years?

Post Thanks / Like

What the fudge did I just watch?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What the fudge did I just watch?
    Ummm - if it was the link to WHIPLASH and Miles Teller saying "I'm Upset" then you watched a scene from the movie WHIPLASH where Miles Teller was being bullied by the conductor...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Ummm - There is no such rule and there never has been.

You can be HOLDING the ball. You can dispose of it incorrectly. But you cannot be penalised for 'dropping' the ball...if it is jarred free in a tackle, it is either Holding the ball or play on.
    Yeh technically called incorrect disposal, commonly referred to as dropping the ball informally. Seems you knew what I was referring to.

Isn't this just how he has played for nearly 4 years?
    For the most part yes. Had been in good form again recently for a couple of weeks in a row and has dropped back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Two years ago we thought we had Tom Boyd
    So were we unaware of his debilitating back injury and about his MH challenges?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes CarnTheScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh technically called incorrect disposal, commonly referred to as dropping the ball informally. Seems you knew what I was referring to.
    I actually wasn't sure. People scream about 'dropping' the ball all the time - which usually means the ball has been knocked free which just isn't a free kick. You should know after all these years that I value your thoughts on here but at the same time I get confused when people talk about umpiring because I can never figure out whether they are complaining about the RULE or the way it is being umpired.

I guess I have found the umpiring somewhat frustrating in general but also think it has had zero impact on the results of our games.

For the most part yes. Had been in good form again recently for a couple of weeks in a row and has dropped back.
    I put a poll up about Wood earlier in the year asking if 'one good game' was meaningful and indicated a turn-around in his performances or was just 'one good game'. The consensus at the time seemed to be that with Keith and Crozier playing well, it enabled him to become an interceptor and that was they role he was born for etc. To me though he immediately returned to type and is a low possession defender who has been struggling one-v-one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So were we unaware of his debilitating back injury and about his MH challenges?
    The footy world was well aware of the MH stuff...the back injury? I'm pretty sure we were unaware of the significance of it - but I'm also pretty certain that the time spent doing rehab further dissolved Tom's love of the game...the back injury and the MH stuff went hand-in-hand in a lot of ways.

Post Thanks / Like

The footy world was well aware of the MH stuff...the back injury? I'm pretty sure we were unaware of the significance of it - but I'm also pretty certain that the time spent doing rehab further dissolved Tom's love of the game...the back injury and the MH stuff went hand-in-hand in a lot of ways.
    He missed a lot of footy the previous season with it and apparently sort his own medical advice about it
    It's why I can't accept that our lack of ruck man was due to Boyd retiring
    The signs were there that he was at best doubtful and yet we ignored that .
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He missed a lot of footy the previous season with it and apparently sort his own medical advice about it
    It's why I can't accept that our lack of ruck man was due to Boyd retiring
    The signs were there that he was at best doubtful and yet we ignored that .
    I don't disagree.

I also think that the Rookie list should be getting used for this and we should be selecting a new Rookie ruckman every single year - I have said this 5 million times before. When you have Dean Cox and Aaron Sandilands and goodness knows who else coming through the rookie pathway to be elite AFL ruckman we should be taking the scatter gun approach to finding our own version. Our best ruckman in my memory was Hudson who came through a similar way - albeit as a mature age recruit to the Cows then traded to us...

I guess Sweet is an example of this right now BUT another draft passed last year and I am sure there were opportunities that could have been handed out...